Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MANGO

Final Fantasy

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone play?

If so what's your fave FF? Any fave characters?

I bought the FF remaster that came in 2013 and I still haven't touched it 

:travis:

FFX-2 is my fave. I still haven't played it beginning to end.

I used to watch my cousin play X when I was younger and then I got X-2 for Christmas after that and that's the only Final Fantasy game that I've actually played from beginning to end.

I bought IX when there was some sort of sale on the PSN a couple of years ago but I only got just past the first disc before something else caught my interest and I stopped playing.

I have XV but I'm still in the beginning of it and haven't touched it in a week or two nnn.

1 person likes this

I've only played VII, VIII, IX, X, and X-2. I feel like the franchise is not as popular as it used to be, though. After they jumped to PS3 and 360 there weren't a lot of good games or people playing them.

I love Final Fantasy. It was the series that got me hooked onto RPGs.. I've played Final Fantasy 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12 and 13. Hell, the news of the remake of Final Fantasy 7 was the primary reason I even upgraded.

2 people like this

I've played FFX, X-2, XII, and XIII. My favorite one was FFX the iconic music and gameplay and LULU the baddest girl of them all. 

1 person likes this

I don't play because I'll give up halfway, tho I enjoy watching all the gameplays on youtube.

250px-FFCCbox.jpg

this used to be my game but i only saved the village once bc the gameplay was too hard for my young ass :shook: me having to create all of the characters and alternate through them bc i didn't have friends who played :shook: 

1 person likes this

I've played 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2 and 13. 10 is my all time fave, the music and characters are just so special!  the spin-offs like crisis core and especially dissidia were really fun too.

And I recently finished 15 which was enjoyable but nothing amazing. The sidequests became very tiresome and you can't even play as a girl :travis:

When everyone is saying 13, do you all mean 13 and the sequels that followed or just that game by itself?

43 minutes ago, Lady DarkFox said:

When everyone is saying 13, do you all mean 13 and the sequels that followed or just that game by itself?

I just mean 13 by itself. The whole trilogy gets a lot of crap and the other two are supposedly worse so I didn't bother with those

1 minute ago, MANGO said:

I just mean 13 by itself. The whole trilogy gets a lot of crap and the other two are supposedly worse so I didn't bother with those

It did. Thank God 13 ending doesn't leave someone thirsting for a sequel.

1 person likes this

screaming i tried 13-2 but that was such a mess my ass was so confused with the time traveling 

25 minutes ago, prxnca said:

screaming i tried 13-2 but that was such a mess my ass was so confused with the time traveling 

Then you're probably not going to like 13-3: Lightning Returns.

#FF13IsTheNew7  #MillionsOfSpinoffs

25 minutes ago, prxnca said:

right? I watched a play through on YT but the story was too convoluted. Even worse with 13-3! Plus I hated snow's ass and he seemed even more annoying in the sequels than the original so that turned me off. 

I have VII and XV. I plan on playing VIII, IX, X, X-2 in the future.

I beat XV recently and cried like a child, that ending was so sad. I'm not done with it yet but I'm going to start VII soon. 

XV didn't have the most well written or put together story, but it was actually enjoyable. Through the halfway point and near the end, you can easily tell that the game felt rushed with a lot of plot points, characters, and elements left unexplained or missing because they're in Kingsglaive and the XV anime, but it was still pretty damn good. They did a risk with the ending, but the way that they did it was well done, it felt complete even with the sadness you're probably going to get from watching the ending unfold. The open world elements of the game work well with it, but it doesn't "feel" like a Final Fantasy game in the aspect of it. The combat system is simple, but it works, I just didn't like some of the camera angles I got stuck with. The AI of the other three party members also isn't the greatest thing in the world, which isn't very helpful in some battle situations. 

With open world aspects, you have sidequests, some of which don't feel relevant to the series at all, but still allow you to actually fully experience the game's world as a whole. The game feels complete in this aspect the most, but can be repetitive depending on the circumstances of the quests you're doing. Some are actually fun, some are actually tedious. There's also some post-game content you're able to explore when you finish the main story, which is great because they're not only challenging, but add some replay value to it and more secrets to uncover (Fuck the post-game dungeons, by the way, they're pretty hard). 

The cast have a cliche, boy-band look, but as you play through the game, you feel closer towards the cast and see the bond between them. They all are likable characters nonetheless, and with random events/dialogues, you can see the relationship between Noctis and each party member individually as well as among themselves. The voice acting in the game is phenomenal in both English and Japanese, may I add. I didn't really like the villain in this game, but his voice acting was well-done and thought out, he made the character his. Also, you don't really "see" who the real villain is up until the halfway point since it's not heavily implied at the start of the game. 

I recommend XV regardless or not if you've been playing Final Fantasy your whole life or haven't touched a single game at all, it's an experience that you'll enjoy. The ending will really get to you, but it's still very satisfying to see.

2 people like this

Anyone in love with FF VII? :shook:

I think it's my favourite videogame ever. I remember being like 7 years old and watch my cousins play it, I wanted to play too so bad but they didn't let me. Now no matter how many times I play, I never get tired of it: the characters, the story, the music... Everything is just perfect.

Then I played FF X, it isn't as good as the VII but it isn't bad either.

Finally my gay ass discovered FF X-II and the dresspheres so I only played to get all of them

1 person likes this