Jacqulee

How to create an emoticon

21 posts in this topic

I want to create an emoticon of my avatar (e.g. :sandra:), but don't know how to do it. What should I do? Can anyone please tell me all the instructions? I would be very appreciative :)

I use photoshop. Just eliminate the background, resize it and blur the edges. 

4 minutes ago, Brandon Waldorf. said:

I use photoshop. Just eliminate the background, resize it and blur the edges. 

Which size do you recommend? And how do I blur the edges? I haven't used photoshop before and I'm completely new to these things.

6 minutes ago, Jacqulee said:

Which size do you recommend? And how do I blur the edges? I haven't used photoshop before and I'm completely new to these things.

Everyone will be different, but I usually go from 100 x 100 to 120 x 120. It's a blur tool in Photoshop, but I'm assuming since you haven't used PS you don't have it.
If you're into torrenting things look for a Photoshop torrent, if not look up "Photoshop alternative" and go from there.
Brandon Waldorf.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Jacqulee said:

(e.g. :sandra:)

my emoticon being an inspiration :crying:

the best way to learn photoshop is watch tutorials on youtube. That's what I did. :cry:

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, WWFoverWWE said:

my emoticon being an inspiration :crying:

the best way to learn photoshop is watch tutorials on youtube. That's what I did. :cry:

What should I type in search? Also, can you recommend any specific video?

10 minutes ago, Brandon Waldorf. said:

Everyone will be different, but I usually go from 100 x 100 to 120 x 120. It's a blur tool in Photoshop, but I'm assuming since you haven't used PS you don't have it.
If you're into torrenting things look for a Photoshop torrent, if not look up "Photoshop alternative" and go from there.
Brandon Waldorf.

me skipping straight to torrenting or finding a free alternative instead of telling you to buy it. :rot: 
"Retail price? Couldn't tell ya" - Joanne The Scammer

1 minute ago, Jacqulee said:

What should I type in search? Also, can you recommend any specific video?

try this one

1 person likes this

@Jacqulee also remember to save your emoticon as a png-24. If you save it as a jpeg your no background becomes white when saved.

1 person likes this

I think you need to donate to get your emoticon on the HB site, sis. :travis: 

1 person likes this

You have to donate to receive an official emoji, but I use the quick selection tool in photoshop. :dante: 

What do I have to donate? Sorry if I'm being an annoyance :cry:

4 minutes ago, Jacqulee said:

What do I have to donate? Sorry if I'm being an annoyance :cry:

I believe any amount is fine at the moment, but you can check here for more details regarding the donation process.

But now that I think about it, I'm wondering if you even have to donate to receive a smiley anymore. :skull: @Mariah. ?

1 person likes this

I'm currently using pixlr.com/editor (which was recommended to me by Travis) for creating my avatars. Can you remove image backgrounds using that software? If so, what are the instructions? Can anyone help?

Nevermind, I just read the Donate thread :cry:

9 minutes ago, Jacqulee said:

I'm currently using pixlr.com/editor (which was recommended to me by Travis) for creating my avatars. Can you remove image backgrounds using that software? If so, what are the instructions? Can anyone help?

sis spare yourself the headache and just ask someone on here to make it for you. :cry:

2 people like this

Can someone be kind/generous enough to make it for me? :cry:

this member is asking for a help to create a emoticon meme, and y'all already asking him to donate money as if he asked for a emoji he has yet to create to be added into emoji section. A mess, a kii, a cackle

HHq9hTe.gif

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Bruno. said:

this member is asking for a help to create a emoticon meme, and y'all already asking him to donate money as if he asked for a emoji he has yet to create to be added into emoji section. A mess, a kii, a cackle

HHq9hTe.gif

I'm pretty sure donations are closed right now so it wouldn't even be added. I was just giving sis a heads up, so she wouldn't go ask and embarrass herself. But since you have so much to say, help her make the emoticon. 

2 people like this

On 1/9/2017 at 10:07 PM, Travis Mendes said:

I'm pretty sure donations are closed right now so it wouldn't even be added. I was just giving sis a heads up, so she wouldn't go ask and embarrass herself. But since you have so much to say, help her make the emoticon. 

She'd need to donate me first if she wants any instructions.

l0MYARwI6BADnAJP2.thumb.gif.3c10bb685a53