Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FANCY

GLOW

50 posts in this topic

Soooo good! I'm loving GLOW. 

They legit need to have Naomi & Alison Brie team up for a tag match at Summerslam this year. Make it happen.

I only watched the first episode this morning before work, i love it.... let the binge watching begin

Cameron must be seething that she didn't get a role but they cast Brodus Clay :newspaper:

On 6/15/2017 at 8:54 PM, Poison Ivory said:

its legend moretti, BITCH

Lisa Moretti doesn't need to be called a Legend, she *IS* a legend.

On 6/21/2017 at 2:14 PM, Mikie91 said:

Sara Del Rey was not a Glow alumnus. She was born in 1980.

Sara Del Rey in fact *IS* a Glow alumnus. She was part of the revival. She played a character named, Vallerie Vendetta in Season 5. Without the first GLOW, she wouldn't have been an alumnus. ;)

54 minutes ago, NattieJadeHaert said:

Lisa Moretti doesn't need to be called a Legend, she *IS* a legend.

Sara Del Rey in fact *IS* a Glow alumnus. She was part of the revival. She played a character named, Vallerie Vendetta in Season 5. Without the first GLOW, she wouldn't have been an alumnus. ;)

I don't think that Season 5 thing even counts. The whole thing was a mess, they had no TV deal, none of the footage exists outside of a trailer, a lot of the girls didn't even get paid, etc.

https://ringbellesarchive.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/glow-revival-dead-on-arrival-due-to-shady-promoter-several-girls-not-paid/

On 6/24/2017 at 8:09 AM, House of Ninja said:

I don't think that Season 5 thing even counts. The whole thing was a mess, they had no TV deal, none of the footage exists outside of a trailer, a lot of the girls didn't even get paid, etc.

https://ringbellesarchive.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/glow-revival-dead-on-arrival-due-to-shady-promoter-several-girls-not-paid/

It counts because she was INVOLVED in the project. She wouldn't have had that opportunity if GLOW didn't exist which is the point I am making. The Revival failing wouldn't exist without the first.

Just finished this and enjoyed the series as a whole, didn't really appreciate the ending but Awesome Kong slayed so I can't complain.:clap:

1 person likes this

On 6/23/2017 at 3:01 PM, House of Ninja said:

Soooo good! I'm loving GLOW. 

They legit need to have Naomi & Alison Brie team up for a tag match at Summerslam this year. Make it happen.

I'd be here for it. That's one case where a celeb cameo would make sense.

2 people like this

I finished the series in 3 sittings tbh :clap: 

I screamed when I saw natural biological woman Brooke Hogan :rot::clap:

Perched for season 2!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Dana Brooke said:

I finished the series in 3 sittings tbh :clap: 

I screamed when I saw natural biological woman Brooke Hogan :rot::clap:

Perched for season 2!

I screamed when I realised that was Brooke Hogan. :rip: Sis has had a rough few years.

1 person likes this

Great show, I hope there is a season two. 

I just finished it and it's so cute. I didn't know much going in besides what it was based on, that it starred Alison Brie and there were some wrestler cameos, so I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it. Within the first few episodes, I was saying how I thought it did the concept really well and would be really enlightening if I wasn't a wrestling fan which is good, but then as one, it has a different effect with it giving you what you want because it gets it.

Loved the cast. Kate Nash was probably the last person I expected to see on this so I screamed when I realized it was her :dying:She slayed though. Ruth was so tryhard and I love that they knew that and rolled with it. Debbie was cool. Bayley WISHES she could be as lovable as Machu Picchu. I loved Cherry. Kong was a kii, as was the rest of the supporting cast, they all got their moments. The men did their thing too. Just a really solid cast.

Admittedly, I wasn't sure about the ending. On the one hand, it was great to see Kong get some shine in that big way and I liked the whole cliffhanger for it to continue, both the show within the show and the real thing, but I'm not sure how much it would appeal to people who don't regularly watch wrestling and maybe just wanted a happy ending with Liberty Belle winning. The show seems to have done well though, deservedly so, so I'm prob just being extra!

A show :clap:

3 people like this

I still haven't gotten around to watching this :laycry:  I'm going to try and see it this week 

On 28/02/2017 at 3:56 PM, Travis Roucka said:

Not interested since Cameron isn't in it. Hope it flops after 4 episodes.

this didn't age well

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Shoaib. said:

this didn't age well

i'm ruth

Shoaib.

Just finished season 2, it better get renewed :clap: Machu Pichu / Carmen is my favorite tbh :heart:

The Watch podcast talked about the upcoming season and according to them it’s another amazing season and Gina Davis is a great addition to the cast.

1 person likes this

I watched the new season yesterday and it was cute. Kinda slow paced at the beginning and the opposite towards the end, got a bit ahead of itself and didn’t acknowledge the wrestling aspect as much, but I didn’t hate it. I have to admit, I’m getting sick of Debbie and Ruth’s white girl problems having to be the focus nnn :skull: Like go date your old men or whatever! Arthie’s season arc deserved more depth like having a real heart to heart and explaining why she was struggling, maybe some stuff about her background as well. I wanted to see more of Cherry and Jenny too. Queen Sheila continues being a star.

This is just one of my fave casts, period. Sandy and Bobby were welcome additions as well.

Spoiler

I def saw where things were headed with Bash since last season’s finale and I was waiting. We wanted more from the threesome tho if they might not get renewed or he’s about to play straight for another season :uhh:

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Shoaib. said:

I watched the new season yesterday and it was cute. Kinda slow paced at the beginning and the opposite towards the end, got a bit ahead of itself and didn’t acknowledge the wrestling aspect as much, but I didn’t hate it. I have to admit, I’m getting sick of Debbie and Ruth’s white girl problems having to be the focus nnn :skull: Like go date your old men or whatever! Arthie’s season arc deserved more depth like having a real heart to heart and explaining why she was struggling, maybe some stuff about her background as well. I wanted to see more of Cherry and Jenny too. Queen Sheila continues being a star.

This is just one of my fave casts, period. Sandy and Bobby were welcome additions as well.

Reveal hidden contents

im only 3 episodes in but omg it's low key agg at this point. plus sam is so one-note im sick of them three getting the focus. give us literally any of the other girls (minus that viking cos :skull:)

2 people like this

ok i finally finished the season and it was s strong. i'll be so upset if it doesn't get a season 4.

i love how this season was focused on them as actors, rather than trying to push glow the show. but my fave thing is how much they focused on the stereotypes of the woc/queer girls. i think they could've given them more a light, but it still worked.

I enjoyed season 4 but I can’t stand Betty Gilpin. I loved the development this season with Cherry,  Jenny, Sheila and Arthie.

Kong is so great too, it makes me sad that she’s not getting more acting work.