Avantika

Pokemon

651 posts in this topic

I'm going with Scorbunny, but that could change depending on the evolutions. I was 100% Rowlet last gen until my gay ass saw Brionne.

kpFeVKj.gif.dd4e630ccba2ee9ffe294adbdcf9

4 people like this

54 minutes ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

OMG, all of them are so cute, i- 

tenor.gif?itemid=5185085

Very this. :sasha: If I had to pick one out it'd probably be Sobble (that picture doesn't do it justice), but all three have potential. 

3 people like this

Overall the game play looks good. I’m also glad they introduced this type of game play last year with Lets Go EeVee & Pikachu even after they said this was just a sneak peak of next gen gameplay and people were complaining. :necki:

Wait, they're all so cute. These are the best starters in a while!

I'm so on and off with the Pokemon games. I haven't played since B&W, but maybe I'll get back into it.

34 minutes ago, Eric said:

I just know scorbunny is gonna be another fire/fighting. I mean can we get another combo fire/steel dark/fire or even psychic or something. And the fact that I’m still gonna pick him anyway when he is fighting/fire.

Imma hold out for the long shot that it somehow becomes a fairy type but it's pretty much a done deal that it's a fire/fighting, probably kickboxing rabbit. Whew at least she'll look real cute next to Maylene from sinnoh with the matching bandages if that remake happens next :skull:

34 minutes ago, Jake said:

I'm going with Scorbunny, but that could change depending on the evolutions. I was 100% Rowlet last gen until my gay ass saw Brionne.

That being like the one gen where I saw the starters and actually called which one I would stan in the end. I knew I was getting my gay fairy mermaid seal I just knew it

3 people like this

22 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Imma hold out for the long shot that it somehow becomes a fairy type but it's pretty much a done deal that it's a fire/fighting, probably kickboxing rabbit. Whew at least she'll look real cute next to Maylene from sinnoh with the matching bandages if that remake happens next :skull:

Oomf said the girls on ATRL think the bunny is gonna be fire/steel because it was on the gears, the monkey is gonna be grass/rock, and i guess the salamander (?) is water/ghost maybe?

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Puggle said:

Oomf said the girls on ATRL think the bunny is gonna be fire/steel because it was on the gears, the monkey is gonna be grass/rock, and i guess the salamander (?) is water/ghost maybe?

I would be here for all of those, tbh. Hopefully that's what they go with. 

This might be the first time I go fire since Cyndaquil. That's subject to change if everyone picks the bunny. All 3 deserve love, but I'm a water trainer by default :cry: 

1 person likes this

I've BEEN about Water from the jump, and that is where I will stay!

M4HT4Bc.jpg

1 person likes this

I am just so happy that the new region is based on the UK. Alola was trash and boring so having a city as region in the game is something they should never stop after that tragic gen. I personally don't like any of the 3, I usually go water but I went with fire the last gen and it seems like I am doing that again this time.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Vinaro said:

I am just so happy that the new region is based on the UK. Alola was trash and boring so having a city as region in the game is something they should never stop after that tragic gen. I personally don't like any of the 3, I usually go water but I went with fire the last gen and it seems like I am doing that again this time.

This is tea I thought Alola wasn’t good.

M4HT4Bc.jpg

1 person likes this

Alola really didn't offer much diversity where points of interest were concerned and, with the exception of that one Eastern-styled city (the name evades me), felt a bit momentous as you progressed through. But I feel like Hoenn was much worse (especially after having played ORAS + SM concurrently).

Lowkey Unova too, while I'm at it.

9 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Alola really didn't offer much diversity where points of interest were concerned and, with the exception of that one Eastern-styled city (the name evades me), felt a bit momentous as you progressed through. But I feel like Hoenn was much worse (especially after having played ORAS + SM concurrently).

Lowkey Unova too, while I'm at it.

Sweetie! You need to stop playing Hoenn like that. The 3rd generation introduced us to many new features to the Pokémon franchise more than Jhoto which is just as iconic. That was like the first generation to break out and change Pokémon in terms of game play. Perhaps the post storyline could have been better with a bit more to do but to be much worse thank alola ...

M4HT4Bc.jpg

16 minutes ago, Eric said:

Sweetie! You need to stop playing Hoenn like that. The 3rd generation introduced us to many new features to the Pokémon franchise more than Jhoto which is just as iconic. That was like the first generation to break out and change Pokémon in terms of game play. Perhaps the post storyline could have been better with a bit more to do but to be much worse thank alola ...

M4HT4Bc.jpg

I think he was just talking about the area design, which for most of gen 3 is pretty fucking dire. The game itself is good though
D0a_IWhX0AEQSVl.jpg

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

I think he was just talking about the area design, which for most of gen 3 is pretty fucking dire. The game itself is good though
D0a_IWhX0AEQSVl.jpg

Oop sorry I get triggered about Hoenn

D0a_IWhX0AEQSVl.jpg

Looks good but I hope we get Let’s Go 2 next year.

Pokemon Sword and Shield will emphasise Switch handheld mode

Long-awaited Pokemon Switch titles Pokemon Sword and Shield are positioned as more ambitious and traditional RPG counterparts to the offbeat duo of Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. And as Nintendo explained in a new fiscal report, where Pokemon Let's Go pushed the Switch's TV mode, Pokemon Sword and Shield will focus on handheld mode. 

"Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield are being developed to emphasize the fun of playing Nintendo Switch in handheld mode," the report reads. "We want these games to be played not only by longtime Pokemon fans, but also by consumers whose first encounter with the series was on a dedicated video game platform with Pokemon Let’s Go, Pikachu and Pokemon Let’s Go, Eevee." 

Mainline Pokemon games have always been on handheld systems, so in some ways it's no surprise to see Nintendo lead with the Switch's handheld mode. Of course, Pokemon Let's Go was also perfectly playable in handheld mode. At the same time, this emphasis could translate to a number of differences between Pokemon Sword and Shield and Pokemon Let's Go.  

Pokemon Let's Go was basically an experiment that used Pokemon Go as a springboard. It featured a Pokemon Go-style catching system which allowed players to use the Joy-Con motion controls to physically toss Poke Balls. The entire game could be played with just one Joy-Con in fact, to say nothing of the optional Poke Ball controller which also used a pedometer system similar to Pokemon Go. Additionally, two players could use both Joy-Cons to catch and battle in local co-op. 

Given Pokemon Sword and Shield's reveal trailer and Nintendo's statement regarding handheld mode, we can safely assume the upcoming Switch titles will be much closer to the 3DS games than Pokemon Let's Go, likely with motion controls and co-op minimized or cut. That said, hopefully this focus on handheld mode doesn't result in more forced control schemes. I like handheld mode as much as the next Pokemon trainer, but sometimes I just want to use my Switch Pro controller or kick back with a single Joy-Con in-hand, so I'd like to see a variety of setups supported in Sword and Shield. Likewise, handheld mode and docked mod should both run and play well. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-sword-and-shield-will-emphasise-switch-handheld-mode/

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I hate that you had me actually click the link. :beckytate:

asdasd that part is HB's fault for not automatically embedding the link like it used to :beckytate:

Posted (edited)

So I saw Detective Pikachu just a few hours ago and It was super fun, I loved the characters, loved the plot, I enjoyed the soundtrack, and not to mention all the pokemons were sooo cute (their faces really warmed my heart). It was just an all around good movie. Anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely watch it.

Edited by IIconicAussieGals
3 people like this

On 5/14/2019 at 2:50 PM, IIconicAussieGals said:

So I saw Detective Pikachu just a few hours ago and It was super fun, I loved the characters, loved the plot, I enjoyed the soundtrack, and not to mention all the pokemons were sooo cute (their faces really warmed my heart). It was just an all around good movie. Anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely watch it.

It was so cute, and was definitely better than I expected it to be. I took my man and his sister and they loved it, plus i got a Flareon appearance that I wasnt expecting.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

plus i got a Flareon appearance that I wasnt expecting.

Spoiler

The fact that it was an in joke meant to insult it, poor sis can't catch a break. Even when she wins

The movie was so cute though. I liked the actual plot more than I thought I would. It was predictable but still fun. The pokemon were so cute (except when they weren't. And I was so slain by

Spoiler

The ditto lady. Whew an iconic villain. Rita Ora and her 5 minutes of screen time could never have the impact or the range.

2 people like this