Kara Zor-El

Brandi Rhodes on hazing in WWE Divas lockerroom

78 posts in this topic

Women. Mysterious creatures we are. We work hard and fight for equality and claim to be a tightly bonded group, however, every time I turn around I seem to witness women stabbing each other in the back for one reason or another. It makes me go "hmmmm". And it also heavily annoys me. But why is this a thing? Why as women do we break our own good vibes as a group to cut each other down and sling mud around? Why do we campaign for equality but not treat our sisters as equals? Why do we want "all women" to succeed, except for Tabitha and Becky...because they don't deserve it. What? Who?! Come on! Why??? I don't know the answer, but let's explore and discuss.  

So...story time. Did you guys know that it used to be customary in wrestling for veteran female talent to "haze" incoming newbies? And not in a "join the sorority" kind of way, in a "we hate you and hope you die" kind of way. When I first got to WWE I got called up to the main roster in about 3 weeks time. That's REALLY fast. I was warned by the male talent to beware of "girl 1, girl 2, girl 3, girl 4 and girl 5" - aren't I sweet, changing names to protect the guilty? 😉 Turns out the guys were right though. The second I hit the scene those girls hated my guts. They "told talent relations on me" for various reasons. They threw my gear bag in the hall just to be mean and they talked so much crap behind my back they could have fertilized a football field. Why? Probably to try and get me to leave because my quick move up meant I was a threat, and no one wanted to give up their spot. Or because a new girl always turns the heads of the male locker room. Luckily I turned my husbands head and didn't have to deal with much mess after that. But to this day I look back and laugh about how mean and petty some women were instead of just being nice.

They say it takes more muscles to frown than to smile, right? Maybe that's why I haven't had to get any Botox yet 😂 I've made it a point to always be welcoming of new people. I'm not the longest running vet but I have been around awhile. People like Nattie were big enough to be very nice to me when I came in. That's why we are still friends to this day. I try to be that kind of woman. Good attracts good. So why not spread goodness? Happy people work well together. Working well means good and safe matches. Sounds easy! 

Of course, this doesn't just apply to the wrestling world. Little girls have been mean to other little girls since grade school. That's where it starts.  

Side bar, another story time: one of my earliest memories is me at my very first ice skating show, age 4. Sitting pretty in my little dance outfit, excited to perform....maybe I should mention I was the only dark skinned baby in the bunch. Cut to, a little girl walks up to me and says "my mommy said I'm prettier than you because I'm white and you're black". Yeah. That wasn't a drill. Nor was it a movie. Kids are mean. And where did she get that from? Her racist ass mom. Not sisterly.

Back on track...  so in grade school, kids are saying things like that. In high school, girls are making fun of other girls outfits and gossiping about them to people who are "more popular." In college...I dunno I didn't pay attention to anyone in college I just wanted to GRADUATE. But I'm sure it happened there too in sororities or something. OH WAIT NO! I have a college story! A girl got mad at me because my boyfriends brother didn't like her. Long story short, she was jealous. She threw a beer at me. We got in a fight...and I kicked her ass. Of course I did, I'm Brandi. I don't start fights, but I can finish them. 

The work place.  I've had women complain about my boobs being too big in the newsroom. Ha, that's real. But when does it end? Are we going to be in the nursing home carrying on like this? If so, sign me up and give me access to unlimited popcorn...KIDDING. But seriously, why do we do this? Don't we have it hard enough with men constantly comparing us and treating us as if we are incompetent...do we have to prove them right? By constantly not getting along and backstabbing and talking crap about each other to MEN?!  

Why? Shouldn't we be building each other up? Supporting each other's endeavors? Providing listening ears and leaning on one another? Cause that's what sisterhood is. Not this other stuff.  

Start with yourself. Support your friends, try to understand your enemies. A little bit goes a long way. And at the least, don't indulge in the gossip column. It just makes everyone look bad at the end of the day. What do you gals think? Any stories to share? Would love to hear. And would love to hear ways in which you personally are working towards being a better sister.

Me? I'm trying not to hold grudges...at least not for as long 😊 Holding grudges holds you back. (I'm just gonna keep telling myself that...I am starting to believe it! Starting to let go of some things to make room for the many blessings that are coming my way). So...who's with me? 

Source

Girl name the bullies or shut up, ring announcer.

Image result for I HURT MY KNEE layla gif

11 people like this

I'm not surprised at what Brandi said. But next time name names so there can be beef. :oksis:

19 minutes ago, Travis Roucka said:

Girl name the bullies or shut up, ring announcer.

Did you want her to name Veteran Female Wrestler Rosa Mendes?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Kara Zor-El said:

Did you want her to name Veteran Female Wrestler Rosa Mendes?

Kii, you thought. Brandi likes all of her posts on IG and comments.

Actually another girl that comes to mind, Melina!!!

1 person likes this

I live for these blind items! I'm going to check when she debuted...

I doubt she's lying. This is a similar story to the shoot interview I posted with Mr. Kennedy/Anderson where he talked about a certain girl throwing another new girl's bags in the garbage.

Who the hell would feel threatened by a awful ring announcer? 

j9798kY.gif

2 people like this

1 minute ago, GabeEd said:

j9798kY.gif

Bitter bitches

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, GabeEd said:

j9798kY.gif

Lillian Garcia was shaking

j9798kY.gif

6 people like this

I highly doubt the women were intimidated about her and her bad weave at the time. 

If you aren't going to name names just don't answer the question I'm over this half tea they are all doing. 

3 people like this

I wonder who the other 4 girls are beside Melina? :mawma:

This bitch is the most agg person I've came across. Shut the fuck up.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Kara Zor-El said:

Did you want her to name Veteran Female Wrestler Rosa Mendes?

Lol.

1 hour ago, Vinaro said:

I wonder who the other 4 girls are beside Melina? :mawma:

Shut up.

3 hours ago, GabeEd said:

j9798kY.gif

It was probably in 2011 when she was still training to wrestle.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, YouAreAThot said:

It was probably in 2011 when she was still training to wrestle.

She wasn't showing much promise so I highly doubt anyone was intimidated. :mawma:

Interesting :newspaper: I wonder who girl 1, girl 2, girl 3, girl 4 and girl 5 are? :newspaper:

8 hours ago, Bella By Nature said:

Probably Maryse, she's the witch of WWE.

You're probably right. I'm sure Maryse was SO scared of Brandi snatching her iconic storyline with Hornswoggle on NXT Redemption. She was shook, sure was. 

j9798kY.gif

8 people like this

In Brandi's blog post about leaving WWE, she shouted out the following girls: Natalya, Lana, Tamina, Maryse, Becky, Charlotte, Sasha, Naomi, JoJo, Summer & Emma. So that should narrow them out of who was giving her a hard time.

2 people like this

Laycool probably