Travis Roucka

Smackdown Live May 16, 2017: Results

14 posts in this topic

V2tPnK9.png

BackLash Contract Signing for 6 Women Tag Match

Naomi (w/ Becky Lynch & Charlotte) def. Carmella (w/ Welcoming Committee)

Lana is coming to Smackdown Live

FALLOUT

Smackdown has been so dry since the shakeup. I'm literally only tuning in for the women at this point. I wasn't here for the contract signing at all, I find it dumb that they're signing a contract for a 6 woman tag match. If that's the case, how come the good sis Kelly Kelly didn't sign a contract on live TV before every 6 diva tag she had? :rot: Xtra. I also hate how Tamina is literally a prop. It may have been cute back in the day, but sis, this is a new era and they really need to put some faith in her or let her go. James' little part was cute, but plz let Carmella talk - and develop the "I'm just using you" storyline a bit more plz.

Cute match but they should have had Carmella dominate. Felt like Naomi was doing most of the work. I love the way Carmuva sells. She's obviously going to lay for Nao before Charlotte or someone snatches, hence why she's been pinning her constantly, which is kinda agg but also good for her bc they have faith in her. Her superkick ENDED Shawn Mikealls. Hope she serves a look for Backlash, since her team will be losing. The faster this predictable ass feud ends, the better.

nlmcTvx.gif

4 people like this

I love Naomi and Carmella, but what happened yesterday didn't make favours to any of them. Imo, Carmella looked weak during the match and she got zero time in the mic; and Naomi too because she didn't win a match since Wrestlemania, at this point she is the champ and at the same time the weakest link of her team judging by how she is being booked. I'm happy because it looks like they are seeding the roots for a Carmella vs Naomi feud, but if they do it I hope the booking'll be better than this. :mawma:

EDIT: Corbin looked so hot in the backstage segment, I love him :shook:

3 people like this

Carmella looked so good in the fallout. I wish they would give her the belt :crying: 

1 person likes this

Im not here for Carmella gettijgba shot so early because I know she's gonna lose it and not get another one anytime soon. But at the same time I'm here for it because it's a feud to go under Nay's belt (no pun) and some time to prolong it. My favs :uhh: I do need her to get that belt though. After Nattie takes it from Naomi.

Random Sidenote: But I just realized Charlotte has repeated every one of her attires except her Summerslam one. I wonder why, maybe I'm just overthinking it. And she has yet to wear pink.

I think because all the feuds are lumped into one is the reason why SD love has come off dry since the Shake-up.

The match wasn't anything special but it was cute no less.

I'm not feeling SD without Alexa and Nikki. Charlotte needs to stay heel, and they need call up a solid face, and maybe another solid heel. I like Naomi but she's not good enough on the mic to be top face imo. I feel the same way about Natalya. She ain't gonna cut it as top heel. Also I hope they're not trying to phase Becky out. She's the best on the roster imo.

I thought it was a really cute match and flowed well.  I never thought they would have chemistry.  Carmellas superkick to Naomi was savage 😝 Naomi's increasing innovation as she gets more confident 💪 the way Tamina FLEW to the floor 😜

7 hours ago, Travis Roucka said:

Smackdown has been so dry since the shakeup. I'm literally only tuning in for the women at this point. I wasn't here for the contract signing at all, I find it dumb that they're signing a contract for a 6 woman tag match. If that's the case, how come the good sis Kelly Kelly didn't sign a contract on live TV before every 6 diva tag she had? :rot: Xtra. I also hate how Tamina is literally a prop. It may have been cute back in the day, but sis, this is a new era and they really need to put some faith in her or let her go. James' little part was cute, but plz let Carmella talk - and develop the "I'm just using you" storyline a bit more plz.

Cute match but they should have had Carmella dominate. Felt like Naomi was doing most of the work. I love the way Carmuva sells. She's obviously going to lay for Nao before Charlotte or someone snatches, hence why she's been pinning her constantly, which is kinda agg but also good for her bc they have faith in her. Her superkick ENDED Shawn Mikealls. Hope she serves a look for Backlash, since her team will be losing. The faster this predictable ass feud ends, the better.

nlmcTvx.gif

This with the loss of Nikki for the time being smackdown should have gotten someone else during the shake up. Tamina will never be used in a non prop role like lets be real. 

Hopefully this feud ends Sunday because I'm over the team thing already. With a roster of 6 it limits everything creative can do and this is smackdown live. We went from multiple feuds last year to just one I'm over it. 

Daniel Bryan is definitely missed in segments like this Shane really doesn't seem interested in the segments. 

Natties gold gear is still stunning to see and Carmella came to snatch lives. 

Loved seeing Becky's blue gear again because it's one of her best looks that always gets paid dust. 

Naomi needs to kill this bald slogan it's never going to happen. Speaking of she really has come off like an afterthought and she is the champion after all. 

Jimmy got to speak but not Carmella :mawma:the match was cute but I'm over Carmella getting her ass kicked for 90% of her matches :mawma:

This mess of a feud is taking me back to the Divas Revolution except with less interesting characters.

Naomi never wins (the champ btw). 

Char is plain unlikable hence why she never got over as a face and neither did her merch.

Nattie couldn't lead a horse to water and Ellsworth's dumb ass just makes everything look like a joke. Turning the only women's feud on SmackDown into some mess about them wanting his white mess, delete it Satan!!!

Tamina having the driest character of any female talent to ever exist inside a WWE ring, and Becky kinda just being there.

This shakeup has been so awful, where is Momckie??? Should've kept her on SmackDown if they weren't going to do anything with her on RAW.

And where is Lana going to fit in? I just don't understand.

I'm so over WWE. 💀

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

This mess of a feud is taking me back to the Divas Revolution except with less interesting characters.

Naomi never wins (the champ btw). 

Char is plain unlikable hence why she never got over as a face and neither did her merch.

Nattie couldn't lead a horse to water and Ellsworth's dumb ass just makes everything look like a joke. Turning the only women's feud on SmackDown into some mess about them wanting his white mess, delete it Satan!!!

Tamina having the driest character of any female talent to ever exist inside a WWE ring, and Becky kinda just being there.

This shakeup has been so awful, where is Momckie??? Should've kept her on SmackDown if they weren't going to do anything with her on RAW.

And where is Lana going to fit in? I just don't understand.

I'm so over WWE. 💀

Isn't it funny how Alexa really was the glue holding the division together. 

2 people like this

52 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Isn't it funny how Alexa really was the glue holding the division together. 

Tea :shook:

Lexi and Nikki were the stars and everyone else got the rub from them. Charismatic kweens.

1 person likes this

The fact that they still haven't addressed Tamina and Naomi's situation is frustrating. 

1 person likes this