Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlie

Money In The Bank: Did the right woman win?

Money In The Bank: Did the right woman win?   37 votes

1. 1. Money In The Bank: Did the right woman win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 posts in this topic

Carmella-Money-In-The-Bank-Winner.jpg

Money in the Bank was undoubtedly a historic showing for the girls, and the outcome of the first ever women's Money in the Bank has certainly received its fair share of controversy. Most of it stems from James Ellsworth's involvement, while some ignorant fools also claim that the wrong woman won.

What are your thoughts on this, fellow Heartbreakers? Did the right woman win? Were you happy with how the match turned out? Share your thoughts.

xg9bd0dj

The match was great, and the right woman definitely won. But due to the problematic ending (which is doing a great job of keeping everyone buzzing), people are souring on the entire match, which is stupid and extra. Was it the ending we deserved? No. Was it the ending she deserved? No.

Is it that serious? Not really, but these fans will continue whining and crying even tho it can only go uphill from here.

tumblr_nrtbcmx9SF1ro0deeo1_250.gif

7 people like this

Yes, and everyone is literally talking about it. James did not win, he just got it for Carmella. Had she done it herself alone, it would've gotten her some heat, but no one would be talking about it after, or not as much. This creates controversy and several storylines can come out of it, as seen with tweets from SD (and Raw) women, as well from Shane and Daniel. Not to mention that it fits Mella's character perfectly.

12 people like this

yes

/thread

8 people like this

Carmella wasn't my personal pick to win this match, but that isn't the problem. Would I have been happy if she climbed the ladder herself after distraction and got the briefcase? Not really. Would I have been outraged? No, I wouldn't be sour just because the woman I was rooting for didn't win.

My outrage does stem from the way it was handled and I do believe it to be that serious. Like fuck heel heat and storyline. This match was too important for the women for a man to step in and once again take from them what they worked so hard for. I drew immediate parallels between this match and the WM 25 battle royal. While the latter was significantly so much more of a train wreck, I always think about how great it would have been for Beth to be crowned the first and only Miss WrestleMania. As if that match wasn't mishandled to the 9th degree to start with, in steps a man to make it an even bigger joke. And that's what happened last night. Inserting that ugly creature into the MITB match made the entire thing seem like a joke. After a great match from all the women. It all got shitted on.

Lord knows WWE has been pushing this women's revolution for 2 years now, with fake feminist displays from all management. I ignored it because we were getting quality. Last night felt like 10 steps back. The company continue to push this narrative that the revolution is for 'little girls everywhere'. Well they truly fucked up and portrayed the message to those girls that they can't do it without a man.

2 people like this

Carmella deserved the win and yes I called it

I do have a hunch that either the girls or the men in the back felt uneasy with one of them grabbing it from the top themselves. I mean, Corbin was stood there struggling for quite a bit and he's what - 6 foot 8? They probably felt less anxious if it were a male doing the job and that's the story I'm sticking with until proven otherwise.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Travis Roucka said:

The match was great, and the right woman definitely won. But due to the problematic ending (which is doing a great job of keeping everyone buzzing), people are souring on the entire match, which is stupid and extra. Was it the ending we deserved? No. Was it the ending she deserved? No.

Is it that serious? Not really, but these fans will continue whining and crying even tho it can only go uphill from here.

This. Not only people keep talking about the subject, but this will also help Carmella to grow and become the top heel on sdl.

Like everyone, I would have prefered other finish but Smackdown has showed us that if they make the decisition to go with this finish, it's because there is something bigger waiting to happen. So we have to wait and see were we go from here.

And yes, Carmella is the rightful winner :stank:

4 people like this

10 minutes ago, Travis Roucka said:

Like I was so mad when I heard Ellsworth grabbed the briefcase, but the more I watch the ending, the less bothered I am about it now. I think Carmella could have generated enough heat, if not, more had they figured out a way with her being at the top of the ladder to grab the case, but I digress. Carmella deserves it and will honestly get the most out of being Miss. Money In The Bank :shook:. In my eyes, Carmella is the only one I could see running up on someone and snatching their title and making their faves seethe :clap: 

3 people like this

I definitely think the right girl won (I had either her or Nattie) but I didn't really like the ending. I know why they did it and it ultimately worked because it had people talking about it everywhere and butthurt users on YouTube trashing Mella but it kind of took away from this huge opportunity given to the women involved and what was a great match (I wish they got more time).

1 person likes this

Of course.

Becky would have been boring carrying it around, Charlotte isn't really the troll type, and the other two were never gonna win. Carmella was the best option for a first win.

I feel like the briefcase is perfect for her character, and I think she was the best option. It'll give her further character development because she lacks a lot of the skills the other SD girls posses in terms of being established, so this will give Carmella  a well-deserved new layer to her character. Plus her tears show the hard work she put into it.

Seductresss

2 people like this

She's the most developed heel the SD women have and the only one who can draw heat. Duh

The right woman won. I wish she climbed up it herself, but as usual SD has a way of feeding me shit I don't want and didn't know I needed.

The proof is in the aftermath:

1. Everyone is buzzing about what Daniel is gonna do Tuesday.

2. Did y'all HEAR the reactions Queen was getting when her (remixed) theme hit during Naomi's match? The crowd was gagging. Everytime the camera shot to her. They went crazy. As much as I stan her down, Carmella hasn't seen such big reactions since the draft started. I legitimately got chills for her.

Also, to discredit the whole match because of the ending is stupid and extra just like @Travis Roucka said. It's one thing to give Carmella her heat, you're discrediting the rest of the women in the process. And I'm not having that, Tamother shinedT way too much for that mess.

It was the ending we didn't know we needed. People are still crying and bitching about it so they accomplished exactly what they set out to. I don't know why y'all are gagging, they bring it to you every single week. 

Malaysia-Waving-1397504406.gif 

2 people like this

The WWE knew the passionate reaction this would get which is why Shane, Daniel, and the women on both brands went off on Twitter. They're using this to fuel storylines and truly launch Carmella into the next stage of her development. Getting the traditional MITB moment is great and all but it would have been very "well that was nice...next". As a character, Carmella is smart and strategic as shown in her feud with Fearless Nikki. She doesn't play fair at all. She plays to win. Carmella is aware of her limitations so she has to be resourceful which she's used to being since she's the Princess of Stanton Island. This entire relationship with Ellsworth is based on her using him towards her advantage. Stringing him on ever so slightly as he gets his hands dirty for her benefit. This move is 100% in-character and I have no doubt she'll prove her worth with this opportunity. Carmella isn't here for honor amongst women, she's in it for herself and herself only. As I said before, it's the memorable journey that makes the real history. Everything else is just an encyclopedia fact. Let's see how the WWE approaches this on Tuesday before people go guns blazing with vitriol for the booking decision.

4 people like this

The only woman that both needed this monumental rub, and has enough personality to carry the MITB briefcase storyline definitely went over, yes. Moreover, the finish was exactly what it needed to be. For better or worse, this is a story that's making waves across the spectrum of professional wrestling and is no doubt going to put a definitive spotlight on Carmella (and Ellsworth) going forward. As great as Carmella fits her role, she was in dire need of a platform to tip her character in the right direction (she was getting zilch from crowds, let's face it), and a finish like that puts the Carmella/Ellsworth duo over as exactly the slimy, greedy type to capitalize on a challenger indisposed and 'cash-in' on their misfortune. Also, the match was heavily promoted as one that would be "history-making"; a benchmark for future similar matches to follow. I know we're all wrestling fans first and have that small purist inclination at heart (believe me, I wasn't exactly thrilled about it myself in heat of the moment), but sometimes we lose sight of how important the 'entertainment' factor is to the pro wrestling landscape. If we'd gotten the very same match with a more pacifying finish, this would be distant memory in about a week's time (HIAC). Most memorable matches aren't marked by stipulations or how many times everyone involved can tout "first-ever!!" (also, HIAC) --- they're marked by the moments created. They took a big leap with the booking last night, and I guarantee it'll have a major payoff.

If played right and handled correctly, Carmella might've just risen to being one of the top 5 most important superstars on SDL.

3 people like this

I don't see how virtually no one could've foreseen Ellsworth triggering the victory in controversial fashion, when it was quite possibly the most obvious outcome of any (Carmella would be the only competitor with an accomplice to the ring, and he did basically the exact spot in a similar match type just a little over half a year prior).

3 people like this

Right woman won. She's in need of a new theme song desperately imo. 

the right woman won but im tiredT of wwe bandwagoning on feminism for their own gain!

they knew feminists would be mad about the ending but reduced it to heel heat

but to me it's more than that because the little girls in the crowd/at home are witnessing history being made in this world that they believe is real. to them everything in wrestling is real and there are no stories or characters, just wrestlers. and they're seeing this first ever match for the women, with all of this hype, only for it to be reduced to a joke and centred around a man.

that's why it pisses me off. let the women have it be about them without a bloody man getting involved. we already had mick foley trying to make the HIAC about him, now ellsworth is the focus of the mitb. even when they win they can never win and im tired of it.

1 hour ago, Neon said:

I don't see how virtually no one could've foreseen Ellsworth triggering the victory in controversial fashion, when it was quite possibly the most obvious outcome of any (Carmella would be the only competitor with an accomplice to the ring, and he did basically the exact spot in a similar match type just a little over half a year prior).

we saw him getting involved (i.e. pushing becky off) not making the win about him

The right woman won and she won it in the right way. 

Debate over. :mawma:

1 person likes this

Ultimately, I think it's hard to judge because we've never had a women's MITB before. The SD division is literally 6 women, so the utilization of the briefcase and how it's going to play into stories going forward is hard to predict because with the men there are endless feud options (within reason) while in this small division, we can't really predict how they're going to use the briefcase or what's coming next. All of the women right now are built as serious contenders to the title, including and especially Carmella at this point, and since MITB is usually about seizing an opportunity that maybe isn't readily available, it's hard to judge if the right person won when we don't know how things are going to go down the road. 

1 hour ago, trishallday said:

Right woman won. She's in need of a new theme song desperately imo. 

it was remixed and begins faster. also got two pops of the night. now shut UP

989sYyk.gif

1 person likes this