Foxy

Today in History

113 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I think the title is pretty clear, in this post I'm going to share what happened in WWE/TNA women's wrestling history in this day years ago. The objective is to share our memories in this moments, opinions and everything we want about them. I'm from another country, so sometimes (like today) the day of the post will not always be the same for everyone. For example, here, it's June 30 already, so this is where we are going to begin.

TODAY IN HISTORY...

On June, 30th 2014 (Three years ago) AJ Lee returned to WWE, faced Paige for the WWE Diva's Championship and became a 2x WWE Diva's Champion.

How do you remember this moment? Where you surprised by AJ's return? Did you think Paige's reign would end so soon? Share your opinions and thoughts about this moment!

4 people like this

The chills I got when ha theme hit. I thought my original #1 was never coming back around this time because of CM Puke, but she returned and lasted a little while longer, creating momenTs. Please come back Queen AJ :shook::shook::shook:

5 people like this

ICONIC :shook:

I remember that time so well, her getting married, the pregnancy rumours, everything. @Mariah. and I always say how she would literally wait until we hit rock bottom and thought it was over before she returned, a fucking troll g;fjds. The moment/feud is iconic too omg take me back :shook:

5 people like this

fuck I remember the chat here too, Anya doubting the report since the former WWE Champion returning was meant to be Jericho and Miz came out instead, then Jericho interrupting him and right before the main event they announced Paige was next and we KNEW :ahh:

2 people like this

Nawww the feud that would later give us the running hug of friendship ... And a ton of awkward ass lesbian moments 

5 people like this

6 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

ICONIC :shook:

I remember that time so well, her getting married, the pregnancy rumours, everything. @Mariah. and I always say how she would literally wait until we hit rock bottom and thought it was over before she returned, a fucking troll g;fjds. The moment/feud is iconic too omg take me back :shook:

the save_us.aj or whatever campaign, we were going through it :shook: 

4 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

fuck I remember the chat here too, Anya doubting the report since the former WWE Champion returning was meant to be Jericho and Miz came out instead, then Jericho interrupting him and right before the main event they announced Paige was next and we KNEW :ahh:

gkjlfg 

this chat in its entirety is so iconic :cry:. i read the hens wanting aj to save nikki (and me saying i feel bad for nikki for getting the short end of the stick when it comes to her and brie but at least it's getting me behind her, wow my stanning was so organic)

2 people like this

It was a cute moment :clap: I was happy to see AJ return and win the title :clap:

1 person likes this

Page 40 @Shoaib., it feels like just yesterday :cry: 

1 person likes this

Fuck the pop she got gave me shivers.:cry:

1 person likes this

the night she became immortal and joined Eve :clap: 

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Page 40 @Shoaib., it feels like just yesterday :cry: 

a;fjdl;sd 59 pages, wow wrestling was truly never more alive

BrbT4-gCcAA3eM6.jpg

2 people like this

Wig glued onto my head. 

2 minutes ago, Travis Roucka said:

Wig glued onto my head. 

Travis in Plug.DJ: omg fuck i miss aj so much

2 people like this

Include WCW in this thread :clap: 

I actually stopped watching WWE when Paige vs AJ occured (thankfully) but the difference you can see between then and now is huge

This was right before I came back to WWE so I never experienced it first hand. But I still catch a little chill just watching it. The atmosphere was AJ, she had the whole shit on lock. The pop either of these two would get if their theme hit tomorrow.. :shook:

1 person likes this

WIG OFF! :shook:  The feels when it's both of your favs so matter the outcome I was happy. I don't care what anyone says I enjoyed their feud. Jesus could you imagine if they were both here and on SMACKDOWN LIVE!!! idflgifug The stip matches the segments the mic work! WOW! I'm glad I stan legends tbh PAI.J 4 EVER!

I remember this. Hearing her music and seeing her skip down the ramp with that tan :shook:

I damn-near cried

2 people like this

Back when I could watch raw live at the time I thought Aj was pregnant and wouldn't be coming back. When she came out we all reacted so loud and then she shocked even more when she took the title back. 

3 hours ago, Mariah. said:

Travis in Plug.DJ: omg fuck i miss aj so much

Wig suddenly Black Widowed :nattie: 

i wish we enjoyed saraya and april's feud more than we did back then :skull: 

We were all so fucking SHOOK. I remember everyone lost their shit when AJ's theme hit and Melon dragging Paige's promo. :shook: 

Most iconic double turn in history. I want them both back. :tear: 

Loved AJ but that storyline was dumb. I was so over Paige vs AJ.

I remember being frustrated cause Paige didn't act like the way she was at NXT.

When AJ's career started to flop.

23 minutes ago, Vinaro said:

When AJ's career started to flop.

You do have experience spotting out a flop. 

I always watch live shows, but that year I didn't watch night after WM Raw and this one, and when I woke up and read the results I was so mad that Paige/AJ won.

I think someone else should've ended AJ's reign, someone who preferably feuded with her before (Naomi). Paige doing it was a great moment and all, but AJ took a break immediately, and left Paige floundering and the hype was pretty much gone by the time she returned.

Sure, crowd was hyped when she returned here, or when Paige ''turned'' on her, but I feel they still were never able to re-do that magic they did the night after MW.