Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Travis

Booking: RAW or Smackdown Live?

24 posts in this topic

knxv%20wwe%20raw%20smackdown_14942636147

Which booking style do you prefer?

I said it once, I'll say it again. The one thing RAW does right that Smackdown Live has yet to do again, is prioritize the title.

Everything else is Smackdown Live, the A show.

7 people like this

WWE fans are weird. :rot: 

RAW: Same 4 Women on TV, Singles feud

Fans: Boring xD!

Smackdown: All Women on TV, Multi-women matches

Fans: More Singles Feuds -_-

Anyways, I prefer Smackdown because everyone is being used and they have proven that they can have singles feuds going on while keeping every girl relevant (Nikki/Carmella co-existed during Becky/Alexa, Nattie/Nao kept on TV). Smackdown always starts off slow, and with Vince doing everything possible to sabotage them, they're doing perfectly fine keeping everything equal and fresh with the women. 

Travis Roucka

2 people like this

Both have serious problems, but Smackdown seems to put efforts in developing an actual story.

Meanwhile RAW still relies on the popularity of people like Sasha and Alexa instead of giving a direction, which is why we still see Alexa vs Bayley -_-

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Travis Roucka said:

WWE fans are weird. :rot: 

RAW: Same 4 Women on TV, Singles feud

Fans: Boring xD!

Smackdown: All Women on TV, Multi-women matches

Fans: More Singles Feuds -_-

Anyways, I prefer Smackdown because everyone is being used and they have proven that they can have singles feuds going on while keeping every girl relevant (Nikki/Carmella co-existed during Becky/Alexa, Nattie/Nao kept on TV). Smackdown always starts off slow, and with Vince doing everything possible to sabotage them, they're doing perfectly fine keeping everything equal and fresh with the women. 

Travis Roucka

Because both are extremes. Asking for single feuds doesn't mean "put the same people in there the whole year, please". And getting everyone on the show doesn't mean "more multi-women matches and feuds, please".

7 people like this

Smackdown. It gives everyone a chance to showcase character and actually blossom. The fact that Carmella debuted as a face and wasn't working, the writers switched her to a heel and gave her a great feud with Nikki Bella, just shows how much they can transform/care for their talent over there. Meanwhile RAW can only focus on the same few girls at a time, and the storytelling is shitty. Smackdown does use a lot of women at once, which can be aggy. But at the same time the girls have their own individual beefs, such as Lana and Charlotte, Becky and Carmella/Elsworth. 

:heart:

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, Seductress said:

Smackdown. It gives everyone a chance to showcase character and actually blossom. The fact that Carmella debuted as a face and wasn't working, the writers switched her to a heel and gave her a great feud with Nikki Bella, just shows how much they can transform/care for their talent over there. Meanwhile RAW can only focus on the same few girls at a time, and the storytelling is shitty. Smackdown does use a lot of women at once, which can be aggy. But at the same time the girls have their own individual beefs, such as Lana and Charlotte, Becky and Carmella/Elsworth. So SD wins, and RAW loses as per.

:heart:

Omg I highkey love this also. It keeps all the girls close, cause they literally enjoy working together, but it also develops every character perfectly because they're all clashing with each other. Who would've thought that we'd see Lana/Charlotte beefing? If you were to have Dana do a segment with Nia on RAW, it would look odd as hell because they're never seen together. Fuck, even Mickie and Dana look odd together :skull: 

1 person likes this

My only pet peeve is title feuds that are too long, when they don't actually need to be. Title feuds (See Bayley Vs Alexa) are carried out way too long, especially when they don't need to be and the champion has already beaten the contender clean. It takes away chances from other girls to shine in a singles title feud, and a champion looks a lot stronger when they're beating different contenders over just beating the same person several times.

Smackdown hands down. The story progressions and character development is miles a head of Raw. Every woman on Smackdown feels like they are serving some type of purpose whether we see it happen initially or if it's setting up a story in the future.

Raw is too predictable and let's some of its female talent rot in the back which is unfair because everyone can bring something to the table.

1 person likes this

They both suck at the moment. But I guess I prefer SD since at least we see all the girls as opposed to Raw where it's the same 4 people with no development whatsoever. 

I'm still waiting for them to top the perfection that was SD Live July 2016 - January 2017. :heart: 

tumblr_ogzyi3UUPi1swrlico3_400.gif

3 people like this

RAW obvs, their division are my six favourite minutes of the week. :cooksie:

I also love how they genuinely find the way to make half of the roster look like jokes, it's so inspiring.

3 people like this

21 minutes ago, GabeEd said:

They both suck at the moment. But I guess I prefer SD since at least we see all the girls as opposed to Raw where it's the same 4 people with no development whatsoever. 

I'm still waiting for them to top the perfection that was SD Live July 2016 - January 2017. :heart: 

tumblr_ogzyi3UUPi1swrlico3_400.gif

Um what happened to February?

After that night bitch, she was known as the Broken Hart! :uhh:

3 people like this

17 minutes ago, Angelic said:

Um what happened to February?

After that night bitch, she was known as the Broken Hart! :uhh:

Nay made Lexi her bitch in February. :cooksie:

jk February was liT too. March is where things got shaky. 

1 person likes this

I'd say SmackDown hands down. Although recently it's been Multi women matches, as for RAW they use the main two women. 

1 person likes this

The booking hasn't been great on either but for me Raw has had more glimmers of greatness, so it.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Angelic said:

I said it once, I'll say it again. The one thing RAW does right that Smackdown Live has yet to do again, is prioritize the title.

Everything else is Smackdown Live, the A show.

Just give Charlotte the belt and that'll be fixed. When the focus is on her they make sure shit is important. Just look at how her and Naomi main evented. 

ezgif-2-ed8571dcfd.thumb.gif.5eec171ccd6

15 minutes ago, Layout said:

Just give Charlotte the belt and that'll be fixed. When the focus is on her they make sure shit is important. Just look at how her and Naomi main evented. 

ezgif-2-ed8571dcfd.thumb.gif.5eec171ccd6

Stop it, because Becky and Alexa's shenanigans were prioritized too. Just the right amount too. They were the most important feud, but it wasn't thrown in our faces that they were the most important, because Nikki/Carmella and whatever Natalya was doing were poppin as well.

chad2-.thumb.gif.beb0d780897ff95859b2efe

Edit: Not you making me post your pfp, I already stare and gawk at it for 30 seconds everytime I pass it, now I'm stuck :shook:

2 people like this

tbh I'm getting sick of the multi-woman mashup on SD when we've seen that they're capable of having good feuds going on. Nattie/Nikki was probably the best feud of the last year and that's not saying much tbh because the story was shallow and there was no championship involved, so while Raw gives all the importance to the champ, that's not always needed. I feel like as long as there is some sort of thought behind the booking and the girls are putting their all into it, both shows have the capacity to have good programs going on. Sasha/Charlotte was stale by the end, but the two knew how to work with each other and bring energy to big matches, which kept us excited, while SD kept us interested by letting all the girls have a chance for equal development and competition. Raw is obviously worse for lower tier talent and for actually booking time for the women, but SD is at the point where the division needs a clear hierarchy. So SD for the time being.

3o7TKxVzXNMTp0ifvO.thumb.gif.7d4d4378166

1 person likes this

This aint a question.... RAW has been doing the same thing since the draft Sasha vs Top Heel (Charlotte then Alexa), and Bayley vs Top Heel (Charlotte then Alexa). Sasha and Bayley always in the title picture with them occasionally inserting Nia. On SDLive, we've had Alexa vs Becky, Alexa vs Naomi, Naomi vs Lana, Naomi vs Charlotte. Also, there was amazing non-title feuds like Carmella vs Nikki, Nikki vs Nattie, Becky vs Mickie, and the build up to the multi women matches are always good. SDLive is consistently great, I don't even watch RAW anymore its like they take one step forward and three steps back. 

Oh and also character wise, Nattie has never been better, Carmella has never been better, Tamina has never been better, Lana is finally wrestling. Pre-draft I was a Sasha fan and I literally can't stand her anymore, Smackdown upgrades characters and RAW ruins them. 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Ari M. said:

The booking hasn't been great on either but for me Raw has had more glimmers of greatness, so it.

Not since the shake up sis. Nope.

ok I'll make it long, but i'll take everything into consideration from day 1 of the brand split

When Carmella and Alexa came up, they put them against the two top babyfaces in Nikki and Becky so the crowd can get to know them, while Nattie and Naomi jumped in and out when needed. When those feuds were over, Naomi faced Alexa, and Nattie faced Nikki. Meanwhile, Carmella immediately jumped in an angle with James, while Becky feuded with Mickie. Hell we even had a feud between Maryse and Renee. Now they don't have separate feuds, but are making everyone look like threats for the title, hence why they're ALWAYS in front of Shane's office, asking for title matches :rot:, while Dana, Emma, Mickie, Alicia... prefer catering. And when they are in those big matches, they make everyone look like they have a chance, compared to Emma, Dana and Mickie in that Gauntlet match (Mickie did last long but she lost to a Body Block...).

Meanwhile on Raw, the most promoted girl from NXT, Nia, only got squash matches instead of a HOT feud so people can get to know her like Mella and Alexa. And when she finally got it, it was against a jobber that nobody cared about. Sure, that wasn't bad at all because it gave both of them something to do, BUT, they even dropped that after their PPV match. Both were off TV for weeks and only returned to do that Survivor Series program. Even other side feuds lasted no more than a few weeks and had nothing substantial - Dana vs Bayley (don't get me started on that Arm Wrestling match), Bayley vs Alicia (wasn't really a feud, but they made them face each other 2 weeks in a row over a toy and it did nothing for Bayley, or Alicia), then Nia vs Sasha. Nia squashed her at RR, then she  was the one not doing anything, while Sasha was getting storyline with Bayley and Char. Logic. 

Then there was the title scene, which was just match after a match, and title changes. The matches were amazing, but it did nothing for Sasha or Charlotte. Then Bayley, the ultimate underdog, wins the title after only 6 months of her debut. Faster than any girl on the MR except Paige, Charlotte and Alexa, and we were supposed to root for her. Then they destroy Charlotte's streak like that, and make her lose at WM again and when you look at it back now, it's like, what was the point? Why did Sasha lose all those big matches only for Char to lose on a B PPV, RIGHT BEFORE WM? So Bayley beats the streak, wins at WM over the top Raw women, and Alexa walks in and beats her like it was nothing. Nia - 1 year with no title win, Alexa, the smallest girl on the roster - wins the title 2 weeks after getting drafted. They just don't care.

I mean Tamina is more relevant than Alicia, Dana, Emma, Mickie... and even Nia. Mickie's SD booking wasn't anything great, but compared to Raw, it was magical. Enough said.

I feel like we've had this same thread about 10x over. Why is this still a question? :uhh:

1 person likes this