Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boris.

The Brand Split One Year Later - Who Has Impressed You The Most?

37 posts in this topic

So it has officially been one year since the draft, which marked the call-ups of Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax, and Carmella.

cjv-xfdwgaeuehw.jpg

So far this is what they have done on the main roster:

Alexa Bliss:

- Achievements: SmackDown Women's Championship, 2x, 110 days (70 + 40); Raw Women's Championship, 1x, 80+ days

Title matches (as challenger): 5

- PPV matches: 11

- Hardcore matches: Tables match (vs. Becky Lynch), Steel Cage Match (vs. Becky Lynch), Kendo Stick on a Pole match (vs. Bayley)

- Main events: Alexa vs. Becky - Steel Cage match; Appearance after the Raw Gauntlet match

Nia Jax:

- Achievements: N/A

- Title matches: 2

- PPV matches: 5

- Hardcore matches: No DQ match (vs. Bayley)

- Main events: Gauntlet match on Raw

Carmella:

- Achievements: 2x Miss MITB

- Title matches: 2

- PPV matches: 8

- Hardcore matches: No DQ match (vs. Nikki Bella), 2 MITB Ladder matches

- Main events: Interference with The Welcoming Comittee during Naomi vs. Charlotte on SD, MITB Ladder rematch on SD

-----

Who do you think has done the best job so far, career-wise and talent-wise? Do you think anyone has backed up their push, disappointed, or is even underutilized?

4 people like this

If you would've told me that both Alexa and Carmella would make history while Nia would barely even get title matches I would've laughed at you. It's crazy how a year changes a lot. I think Alexa and Mella being on SD helped them a lot, opposed to Nia on Raw where for a while it was only two women making history. Overall, I'd say Alexa has done the best job, and Carmella is right behind her.

3 people like this

I expected Alexa to get used well on the main roster but I did not expect this level of a push nor it happening so quickly. Her rise to the top has been surprising although not as surprising as how Carmella's been doing, imo. I legit thought she'd be serving Summer Rae but that heel turn brought new life to ha. I never thought she'd be Ms Money in the Bank so. :clap: 

Carmella's the most surprising, Alexa's definitely the most impressive and Nia's been a complete disappointment. Funny because everyone thought she'd succeed the most out of all the women that got called up. 

5 people like this

Kinda cute how the girls that were Network exclusives have racked up more achievements than someone who was a main TV draft pick. Carmella went from being the last draft pick to a 2x mrs money in the bank, and Alexa has won three titles, and both have made history. Meanwhile Nia is literally N/A :ahh:

6 people like this

Alexa cause I didn't believe she would be able to swim with the big sharks. She made the big sharks her bitches, so that was a pleasant surprise! :D

Carmella as well.

But honestly Naomi's rise was one of the biggest positives and surprises of the brand split.

1 person likes this

In ring wise none of them. I'll go with Lexi though. She owns ha character. Carmella lost ha accent. Also Lexi was in a tables match. I don't blame you for forgetting it though. 

1 person likes this

Nia watching Carmella and Alexa pass her in achievements a year later.

SH0dynR.gif 

6 people like this

Alexa and Carmella have both achieved so much in such a short time and their star power is only going to continue to grow. As for Nia her hair has looked cute :oksis:

4 people like this

Obviously Alexa & Carmella. N/A Jax hasn't done shit.

:k2:

2 people like this

30 minutes ago, trishallday said:

In ring wise none of them. I'll go with Lexi though. She owns ha character. Carmella lost ha accent. Also Lexi was in a tables match. I don't blame you for forgetting it though. 

:k2:

3 people like this

Out of the both, I think the most meteoric rise and the most trusted one at that has to go to Miss Lexi. I really thought her rise wouldn't be as significant cause she hasn't had a NXT Women's title and was pretty much a pretty contender for Bayley to squash at the time. Even when she won that #1 contender's match to take on Becky, I thought she was going to flop and just build up Becky, but she just took the title from ha :shook: And even when she took on Bayley, we all thought Sasha vs Bayley was happening at SS but this bitch is walking in as champ. They're definitely using ha more than she was originally in NXT.

Carmella's rise also had me shook but I still feel like RAM would lowkey not be as kind to her as they were to Alexa when it came to pushes. But her heel turn was the best thing to happen to her career too. SD Live producing STARS :clap:

4 people like this

The obvious choice, future Hall of Famer and the top heel in the Women's Division, Alexa Bliss! My queen went from managing nobodies like Blake & Murphy and wrestling Blue Pants to curbstomping the Horsewomen and stealing Charlotte's accolades. She is a legend in the making. :shook::shook:

Carmella is up there too tho! The good sis went from coming out to crickets to being a heaT magnet on SD as Ms. Money in the Bank and having some of the most entertaining storylines in the company.

Nia is...not like most girls, I guess. :uhh:

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Boris. said:

Nia Jax:

- Achievements: N/A

:skull:

2 people like this

Obviously Alexa is the most impressive by far... she's way more progressed than Carmella and Nia. Poor Nia, she stays appearing on RAW but still no title feud. They've all been great though, very happy for them. They were afterthoughts in the NXT division and the draft but ended up to be top women in their divisions. Hoping for Peyton and Billie next.

1 person likes this

Carmella. Her going from receiving crickets and being dragged for her promo work to becoming one of the best mic workers in the division, heat almost every week, and first ever Miss MITB. :clap:Nia and Alexa haven't impressed me much (aside from Nia in the Gauntlet a few weeks ago).

1 person likes this

Carmella then Alexa.

Nia has obviously been underwhelming overall I'm just hoping she eventually gets her moment. Just for her sake.

Wouldn't wanna be known solely for crashing into barricades.

:clap:

Carmella and Alexa both have impressed me equally. I'm pretty sure the powers that be didn't think they would slay as hard as they are currently doing. Alexa literally shined every time she was given the opportunit. Carmella's feud with Nikki definitely put her on the map and showcased how entertaining she could be outside of just being a generic underdog character.

Nia has been a let down tbh. I thought she would have some accomplishments to her name by now but she literally is always the filler girl or the understudy. 

Alexa delivered as expected and then some with the move to Raw and becoming the first to win both titles, and I stanned every step of the way, but Carmella was the true success story since the draft for me. People wrote her off when she was sinking her first few weeks but the powers that be made the best decision they could and turned her, kicking off the one of the best booked characters throughout the past year for sure.

Even then, her turn wasn't as huge as it should have been (in part due to them literally putting her on auto-pilot sneaking and getting the best of Nikki like every week for a month flgs;d) but I think the promo where she called out Nikki for being with Cena was her true coming out party and kicked off the story that lasted until WM for Nikki and ended in her engagement while showing people their first glimpse of Carmella as a STAR. Everyone expected Alexa to be successful, not to take anything away from her because she did that, so her winning titles, competing in a Tables, Steel Cage, etc. wasn't a huge shock. Compare that to if you had told even the biggest stan that Carmella would be trusted to feud with Nikki upon her much-anticipated return, compete in a No DQ barely a few months in to her career and then two MITB's (that she'd win) before she even hit the one year mark and they would've laughed. She was a glorified valet thrown in at the deep end but she proved herself to the point she was walking around with her own damn valet. :rot:

It's crazy how well pre-WM SD balanced both Carmella and Alexa as the newbie heels and made them in to stars without the other ever suffering. Alexa has it harder now with Raw's writing but a year since debuting and they're both easily the top heels of their respective divisions. Iconic.

3mdXNts.gif

5 people like this

Nia is a tricky one. She's definitely suffered from lazy Raw writing, start and stop pushes, getting right to the contenders match before the title push is snatched away from her, but at the same time, I don't really think she knows what her character is supposed to be and so neither does WWE. She's big so sometimes she's pushed as a monster but then she has that BGC confessional voice so she's pushed as catty and she can take losses from Sasha, Bayley, and then disappear for weeks. One minute she's wanting a title shot from Alexa and the next minute she's supporting her despite the writing having shown Alexa is out for herself and never intended on giving her the shot she promised.

Honestly, I'm still of the belief that she was supposed to be the one to win the contenders back in April and then win the title from Bayley but that match she had with Charlotte soured whoever's making the decisions and they went with the safe choice in Alexa instead, in which case, sis doesn't really have anyone to blame but herself. She did bring it back a bit though with her endurance in the gauntlet, but everything with her is just too inconsistent imo, from her booking to her character to her own ability.

oh my god, iconic :shook:

the switch up will never not have me shook

3 people like this

46 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

Nia is a tricky one. She's definitely suffered from lazy Raw writing, start and stop pushes, getting right to the contenders match before the title push is snatched away from her, but at the same time, I don't really think she knows what her character is supposed to be and so neither does WWE. She's big so sometimes she's pushed as a monster but then she has that BGC confessional voice so she's pushed as catty and she can take losses from Sasha, Bayley, and then disappear for weeks. One minute she's wanting a title shot from Alexa and the next minute she's supporting her despite the writing having shown Alexa is out for herself and never intended on giving her the shot she promised.

Honestly, I'm still of the belief that she was supposed to be the one to win the contenders back in April and then win the title from Bayley but that match she had with Charlotte soured whoever's making the decisions and they went with the safe choice in Alexa instead, in which case, sis doesn't really have anyone to blame but herself. She did bring it back a bit though with her endurance in the gauntlet, but everything with her is just too inconsistent imo, from her booking to her character to her own ability.

Oh she definitely ruined her chances of whatever push they was going to give her when she almost canceled Charlotte. 

Carmella without a doubt is the most shocking. I always knew she had it because she is dedicated to her character 100% and has so much fun with it so it comes across so fluid and genuine. Then watching her interview with Lillian, it all came full circle. She works extra hard because she refuses to have anything handed to her and take any shortcuts. I'm extremely proud of my fav. She has shown she can hang with the best of them, outshine everyone with a microphone in her hand (even if she's just standing there tbh, Queen exhales charisma) and she's just that bitch. She has yet to disappoint so I don't see them souring on her anytime soon, she's sweet, intelligent, and super hard working. The best part is, her come up was organic. When coming to the MR, we actually got a chance to see her grow, we actually got the chance to doubt her and gave her the chance to prove us wrong. She earned the opportunities she got and blew them out of the park, does it get better?

Alexa, like @Shoaib. said, we all knew she was gonna do great. She got a much bigger push than Carmella and was pretty much on top or in the spotlight with being a valet for a successful tag team. We knew she was that bitch, so it's not really shocking that she's fucking shit up.

Nia, I'm not even sure if she's to blame. WWE just doesn't get her. They don't get that she's just not cut out for the character they're giving her. I don't want to completely discredit her talent, because she can probably slay another role. It's just unfortunate that she was immediately typecast into one role because of how she looked. It also doesn't help that they pushed her to the moon when she clearly wasn't ready and portrayed to be something she can't deliver. She was wrongly dealt the right hand. And continues to.

1 person likes this

Alexa has been the most successful clearly, I mean if you told me anyone but Charlotte would be the first ever Raw & SD Women's Champion then I would have laughed at you but she did that. However, I don't feel like she deserved her push so soon and has failed to deliver in the majority of her stipulation matches. So with that being said, I would argue that Carmella has been the one that has backed-up her push. I much prefer her mic work and overall heel mannerisms  to that of Alexa's. As mentioned above her push was so organic and wasn't so forced, which in my opinion is how Alexa's came across since she was just kind of thrown into the top spot for no real reason.

Can we rescind 2x Miss Money in the Bank from Carmella tbh, or is that something WWE is actually going with? :rot: 

all are still lacking in one place or another, in my opinion, but Alexa Bliss as a 3-time champion at this point is something I would not believe last year and I still think is a little odd on paper.