Rahgeme

Asuka Interview with Newsweek

29 posts in this topic

NXT Superstar Asuka continues to break records and is on the verge of setting a new milestone in her reign as NXT Women’s Champion: 500 days as champion! After that, Asuka will only be a few days away from the second longest reigning Women’s Champion in WWE history, only behind The Fabulous Moolah.

In an interview with  Newsweek, Asuka discusses joining the WWE, the records she’s broken and which main roster Superstars she’d like to compete against. Highlights of the interview below.

On signing with WWE: “When I decided to sign a contract with WWE, I decided two things. I was determined not only to win, but to leave [breaking] records. That is something I feel like I can do as a return to WWE [for hiring me].”

Wanting to change women’s wrestling in the WWE: “I wanted to change women’s wrestling in WWE. In wrestling, men and women do the same thing, but sometimes the men look more powerful and more impressive. I am trying my best to fill the gap between men and women.”

Thought on joining WWE’s main roster: “I’m going to go to TakeOver and beat Ember Moon and keep my title. Then I will probably go to Raw or SmackDown and get another title. Of course I want to go to Raw or SmackDown, that’s one of the reasons I joined WWE. But I think there’s an appropriate timing…I’ll go when it’s the right time.”

On which main roster Superstar she’d like to face: “I don’t use the words ‘respect’ or ‘admire’ toward my opponents, but I’m interested to have matches with Sasha [Banks] and Charlotte [Flair]. Those two women I’ve never faced before.”

Asuka also discusses adjusting to life in America and advice she’s received from Triple H.

credit: diva-dirt

1 person likes this

Wow I'm so glad me and her are on the same page! Asuka vs Sasha would be a wonderful match, but for some reason, I don't see her having much chemistry with Charlotte. That's just me though 

2 people like this

Asuka should want to wrestle versus competition not the lessers

Toe5BPX.gif

How tf does this interview tease Sasha vs Asuka. She just said she's interested in facing her AND Charlotte.... "teases" delusional sasha stan

1 person likes this

I loved seeing her work with Dana/Emma, I kinda want to see her work with at least one of them again, and a match with Natalya would be cute too.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Bella By Nature said:

How tf does this interview tease Sasha vs Asuka. She just said she's interested in facing her AND Charlotte.... "teases" delusional sasha stan

It's called click bait. I think you're just pressed Alexa or Nikki weren't mentioned. Stop with the hate in my notifications, it's getting weird

2 people like this

Asuka's great by herself but there's not one match of hers that has really stood out to me. They all start slow, then pick up and end out of nowhere. I don't like the formula she goes with so I can't say I'm that excited for the matches. I am however excited for Asuka the troll to start playing with the main roster girls in segments and such. :clap: 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Rahgeme said:

It's called click bait. I think you're just pressed Alexa or Nikki weren't mentioned. Stop with the hate in my notifications, it's getting weird

Hate in your notifications you're so fucking irrelevant stop replying then you dumb fuck.... 

1 person likes this

Her booking doesn't need to come up with her to the main roster she has surpassed Brock at this point when it comes to how they use her. I'm not here for either woman facing her if they continue to use the Asuka match formula. Hopefully she keeps a distance from the championship because I'm going to need a long break after she finally drops the Nxt women's title. Asuka leaving the land of Nxt will be a very interesting situation though I'm curious to see how she will do on Raw or Smackdown. 

3 hours ago, Bella By Nature said:

Hate in your notifications you're so fucking irrelevant stop replying then you dumb fuck.... 

Do I have you that mad? You deserve to be banned after all the insults I've gotten from you in 24 hours. Calm down sweetie

1 person likes this

My title keeps being changed and I'm being threatened with a ban if I change it again. I just want everyone to know that I have a gun held to my head, and I want justice

21 minutes ago, Rahgeme said:

My title keeps being changed and I'm being threatened with a ban if I change it again. I just want everyone to know that I have a gun held to my head, and I want justice

Sis, when your ulterior motive is solely to mention your fave because she was vaguely mentioned, It's warranted.
Especially when you were warned multiple times that the topic didn't surround her- canceling her inclusion on the title.
If you wanted to mention her so bad you could've made a post under the OP, or put it in the OP and called it a day.

In the future sit there and eat your food.
giphy.gif

5 people like this

2 minutes ago, Brandon. said:

Sis, when your ulterior motive is solely to mention your fave because she was vaguely mentioned, It's warranted.
Especially when you were warned multiple times that the topic didn't surround her- canceling her inclusion on the title.
If you wanted to mention her so bad you could've made a post under the OP, or put it in the OP and called it a day.

giphy.gif

Brandon, you're still in the running to becoming Heartbreakers next top Moderator congrats. 

tenor.gif

3 people like this

Nice interview though I'm sure matches with her vs Sasha & Charlotte would be great. 

25 minutes ago, Eric said:

Nice interview though I'm sure matches with her vs Sasha & Charlotte would be great. 

Yeah

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Rahgeme said:

For future reference, don't bring your arguments from discord onto here. The title change was justified and that is that.

Nbr1UnQ.gif

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, Brandon. said:

giphy.gif

Who asked you though? 

3 people like this

Just now, Lady DarkFox said:

For future reference, don't bring your arguments from discord onto here. The title change was justified and that is that.

Nbr1UnQ.gif

It wasn't. Y'all just love to hate! But I'm not a stranger to this. Bitch I'm ME

tenor.gif

I'm all for her to have a match with Charlotte or Sasha, although I think it would be better if she went to SmackDown. It was a cute interview.

1 person likes this

@Rahgeme For someone that puts Sasha over Nikki, you wanna be Nikki so bad, in terms of having everyone pressed over you lmao. You being the heel they refuse to make your fav, why not try out a babyface era?

tumblr_nblhnxEgWz1txmsuro2_250.gif 

On topic, her matches with Sasha and Charlotte would both shit. Moreso with Charlotte only because I can't see them having Asuka finish her in that sudden corny fashion. Sasha I can honestly.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Josh. said:

Yeah

Who asked you though?

21 minutes ago, Eric said:

Who asked you though?

I was actually agreeing you nutsack shaped bitch.

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, Josh. said:

I was actually agreeing you nutsack shaped bitch.

Oh... sometimes I never know with you so I have to be in defense mode at all times. Sorry sis nnmm

1 person likes this

Just now, Eric said:

Oh... sometimes I never know with you so I have to be in defense mode at times. Sorry sis nnmm

No seriously I was being shady so at least you know me. 

OT: Asuka is kind and important 

tumblr_nblhnxEgWz1txmsuro2_250.gif 

5 people like this