Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
puddinglover

What are your thoughts on the designs of the current womens championships?

37 posts in this topic

I think that the NXT women's championship looks the best. I dislike the design of the Raw and SD womens championships, because they look like fruit roll-ups.

They'd look better like this..

fXSWRjB.jpg

D9kDMNi.jpg

The obnoxious blue and red background colors look awful and white would be too plain.

Am I the only one that hates the nxt title design now? 

I love the white strap belts in honestly I actually loved the second version of the Divas title the most but it was too iconic for some. 

20 minutes ago, puddinglover said:

I think that the NXT women's championship looks the best. I dislike the design of the Raw and SD womens championships, because they look like fruit roll-ups.

This is a fruit roll up. 

WWE-Raw-WWE-Universal-Championship-Belt-

I don't like how they are practically the same just different colors. I kinda prefer the original women's championship design. it was cute.

Image result for womens championship belt original

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Mr.wolf2020 said:

Am I the only one that hates the nxt title design now? 

I love the white strap belts in honestly I actually loved the second version of the Divas title the most but it was too iconic for some. 

I'm not a big fan of the NXT womens championship but I think it's better than the other 2. My main problem with it is the giant X.

I like white straps, the intercontinental championship is the best looking belt in the WWE right now IMO

I like the 3 of them.

KREMDtZ.gif

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, puddinglover said:

I'm not a big fan of the NXT womens championship but I think it's better than the other 2. My main problem with it is the giant X.

I like white straps, the intercontinental championship is the best looking belt in the WWE right now IMO

I hate current nxt title the old one was much better all they had to do was make it bigger. My favorite current women's title is the red version it just looks so good to me. 

The main roster titles should have a rounder shape to them. I hate the NFL Super Bowl ring look that the titles have.

15 minutes ago, Seductress said:

I don't like how they are practically the same just different colors. I kinda prefer the original women's championship design. it was cute.

Image result for womens championship belt original

I always found this to be basic and never understood the appeal about it. 

2 people like this

I too prefer the original women's title to today's designs, but I don't think WWE will ever go back to it.

They love making titles that can appeal as toys hence the colours.

I think something more similar to the old NXT women's title would appeal more to me, it just gave me that old school vibe.

The new designs are better than the old ones :sorry:

Gucci :

46be0a03bd36e6785115c56191cfe661--nxt-wo

Goodwill:

Bayley4.jpg

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Mr.wolf2020 said:

I always found this to be basic and never understood the appeal about it. 

It is basic, but it looked like a championship of the era and is nostalgic for people who grew up and grew into wrestling during the Attitude/Ruthless Aggression Eras. The design could have been a women's or a men's title, which to me is at least somewhat important in its prestige. It also elevated and made whoever was the champion look like a champion rather than just being a prop for them, which is very important I think, too. The new belts, while meant to echo the perceived equality between men and women in the business, to me just stick out because the huge white strap and the colored plate sort of clash and put a label that says "I'm the Champion" on the girls  rather than allowing the superstar's unique look and personality to shine while the belt highlights it. That's my opinion anyway. There's a reason everyone from the Kat to Trish Stratus actually looked good holding it and why it elevated them while they did. It didn't get in the way. It just made them look like better versions of who they already were.

I don't mind the new designs tbh. They're not ideal, but they do what they're supposed to. 

4 people like this

The original Women's Title is iconic if you don't like it then acquire some taste.:k2:  

I actually like both Women's Title even more when my favs are holding them.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Jeigz said:

It is basic, but it looked like a championship of the era and is nostalgic for people who grew up and grew into wrestling during the Attitude/Ruthless Aggression Eras. The design could have been a women's or a men's title, which to me is at least somewhat important in its prestige. It also elevated and made whoever was the champion look like a champion rather than just being a prop for them, which is very important I think, too. The new belts, while meant to echo the perceived equality between men and women in the business, to me just stick out because the huge white strap and the colored plate sort of clash and put a label that says "I'm the Champion" on the girls  rather than allowing the superstar's unique look and personality to shine while the belt highlights it. That's my opinion anyway. There's a reason everyone from the Kat to Trish Stratus actually looked good holding it and why it elevated them while they did. It didn't get in the way. It just made them look like better versions of who they already were.

I don't mind the new designs tbh. They're not ideal, but they do what they're supposed to. 

I never cared for it and will always find the design basically lazy in my opinion. I always felt people overlooked it and praised the championship because of the long history of good that people acknowledged compared the the championship that followed. The new titles to me scream champions of equality and I love the original Wwe title that they are molded after. 

4 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

giphy.gif      You put it perfectly!

32 minutes ago, Slayla said:

Gucci :

46be0a03bd36e6785115c56191cfe661--nxt-wo

Someone with taste. 

11 minutes ago, Mr.wolf2020 said:

I never cared for it and will always find the design basically lazy in my opinion. I always felt people overlooked it and praised the championship because of the long history of good that people acknowledged compared the the championship that followed. The new titles to me scream champions of equality and I love the original Wwe title that they are molded after. 

Bold: If you're saying that people like the original Women's title more because it preceded the Divas title and the Divas title was hated by misogynist smarks because it's a butterfly and for models/not wrestlers/whatever they're saying nowadays, I would kindly request that you explore my post history and also realize that my post mentioned, of all women, the Kat, as being worthy of holding the 98-10 Women's title. Of course, maybe I'm misinterpreting what you said, because it wasn't the easiest thing to decode.

Italics: They might show a perception of equality, but we all know that the truth of the situation is that the women (aside from extreme circumstances and certain instances) are not booked or considered as equals to the men, so that is more of a criticism than a reason to like the new belts for me. Giving them a prop that feigns equality doesn't warrant praise when the equality has not been completely reached just yet.

VUHHC7b.gif

1 person likes this

The belts are too big and it looks odd on literally all of the girls (including Charlotte, shockingly)

J9hkFc1.gif

1 hour ago, Eric said:

The original Women's Title is iconic if you don't like it then acquire some taste.:k2:  

I actually like both Women's Title even more when my favs are holding them.

You like this one?

WWFWM95.jpg

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Lady DarkFox said:

You like this one?

WWFWM95.jpg

You mean

WWF_Moolahs_Belt_Front.jpg

Just now, Matto said:

You mean

WWF_Moolahs_Belt_Front.jpg

This is not an official WWE Women's Championship.

9 minutes ago, Lady DarkFox said:

You like this one?

WWFWM95.jpg

The one that I'm old enough to remember. :k2:

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Lady DarkFox said:

This is not an official WWE Women's Championship.