Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlotte Flair

Happy Birthday WWE Women's Championships!

5 posts in this topic

WWE_Womens_2016_Championship.png

WWE_SmackDown_Women%27s_Championship.jpg

Both the Raw and Smackdown Women's titles have been established for at least a year (over a year for the Raw women's title and exactly a year today for the Smackdown Women's title).  What are your thoughts on the women's titles, the past and current championship holders and favorite moments/feuds associated with the women's title?  This is the time to celebrate these titles!

Furthermore, below are some basic statistics associated with the women's titles!

Raw Women's Championship Stats

Inaugural Champion: Charlotte Flair (Wrestlemania 32)
Longest Reign: Charlotte Flair @ 113 days (Wrestlemania 32 thru Raw, July 25th edition)
Shortest Reign: Sasha Banks @ 20 days (Raw, Nov 28th edition thru Roadblock: End of the Line)
Most Reigns: Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks at 4x

Smackdown Women's Championship Stats

Inaugural Champion: Becky Lynch (Backlash)
Longest Reign: Naomi @ 140 days (Wrestlemania 33 thru Summerslam)
Shortest Reign: Naomi @ 9 days (Elimination Chamber thru Smackdown, Feb 21st edition)
Most Reigns: Alexa Bliss and Naomi at 2x

Overall Women's Championship Stats and Fun Facts

• Alexa Bliss is the first woman to hold both the Raw and Smackdown Women's championships
  • Charlotte Flair has the most cumulative days held as a women's champion (Raw or Smackdown) @ 242 days, with Alexa Bliss trailing slightly behind @ 222 days
  • Charlotte and Sasha never successfully defended their women's championships at a PPV
  • Naomi is the first woman (in this women's championship era) to win a title in her hometown

nay snatching the records for both longest AND shortest reign :clap: 

For the Raw women's title, my favorite matches have to be the Raw where Sasha won her first and third titles and Summerslam 2016.  My fave champion has been Charlotte and my favorite iconic moment associated with the title is when Sasha returned back in June after weeks of hiatus and made it known she's coming for it (it's the Raw where she helped Paige after CharDana tried to jump ha)

For the Smackdown women's title, not to be mean, I don't really have any favorite matches.  But my favorite moment is when Nay won the title at EC 2017.  And likewise, I don't really have a favorite champion - like I love Naomi down, but creative didn't make her reign pop enough, but that goes for all the girls who were SD women's champions tbh.  With Raw, I can think of plenty of moments and matches that come to mind with the Raw Women's title, not so much for the SD one.  I remember Becky winning the title and vaguely Alexa winning it in the tables match.

1 person likes this

Charlotte and Sasha never successfully defended their women's championships at a PPV

Charlotte did at Payback, Extreme Rules, Clash of Champions and Royal Rumble!

Anyways, my favorite wins were Sasha and Naomi winning their first titles.

2 people like this

27 minutes ago, Messy Maggie said:

Both the Raw and Smackdown Women's titles have been established for at least a year (over a year for the Raw women's title and exactly a year today for the Smackdown Women's title)

28 minutes ago, Messy Maggie said:

over a year for the Raw women's title

And this is the reason why I'm closing this thread.

fXtfCf6.gif