Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooksie

Should WWE give up the "Diva" search?

Should WWE give up its "Diva" search?   22 votes

1. 1. Who can play the part?

• I've jumped the gun; Lana is obviously coming. (u sure sis?)
    • Mandy Rose
    • Summer Rae
    • Kelly Kelly (WrestleMania and SummerSlam main events only)
    • Maryse postpartum
    • Other (state below)
    • No one; they should give up.
    • No one; they should keep looking.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 posts in this topic

dbea7768ee785293511ad326d4164cf7--wrestl

Behold a legend who should be in the WWE Hall of Fame but won't because she doesn't need their validation :clap: 

While many wrestling fans noted a search for the "next Trish Stratus" at the end of the new millennium, it seems that at the latter end of this decade, WWE has found itself in search of the next Sable. While it's unfair and unrealistic to expect any of the current generation to exactly match the same success of these two legends, the notable qualities of the archetype have become glaringly apparent in the last year, as WWE's "Women's Evolution" in which women's matches and in-ring capabilities are more consistently highlighted rather than their looks, it's left a void in the hearts of WWE's predominantly male creative team. As a compromise with the audience's demands and their own, instead of compiling a roster full of bombshells, they're just looking for one. One with the same amount of star power, beauty and charisma to line up with some of the bigger names in the company, and not just female. In her prime, Sable was as big of a commodity in WWE as her male counterparts and had tons of potential for mainstream crossover.

Eva-MArie.png

This one (queen) didn't work out. So they tried again.

emmalina.jpg

And again (queen).

Lana-Smackdown-7417-645x366.jpg

And again.

With now three tries in the books for a sexy, female bombshell who can shake the audience just with her mere presence, it poses the question: should WWE just give up? Do we need a Diva in the era of Superstars? Is there anyone who can save Gotham City from the threat of Bayley and Ruby Riot?

e466a41ee743f905ae3c4353fa49df7128e6340d

Discuss.

1 person likes this

I think Summer could do it if given the chance. Where the fuck is she? 

:draglina:

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Dana Brooke said:

I think Summer could do it if given the chance. Where the fuck is she? 

:draglina:

At Cirque du Soleil. The gag was she was only going to the Mae Young Classic because she was already on her third Vegas trip that month and they just happened to be in town :shook: 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

At Cirque du Soleil. The gag was she was only going to the Mae Young Classic because she was already on her third Vegas trip that month and they just happened to be in town :shook: 

:skull: 

I feel like she was cleared a long time ago though? I just want to see her at least one more time before she goes :crying: 

3 people like this

Just now, Dana Brooke said:

:skull: 

I feel like she was cleared a long time ago though? I just want to see her at least one more time before she goes :crying: 

She was, but she missed the post-Mania deadline they were looking for as that's their biggest time when they reset rosters for the next couple of months. The dynamic has already been set up for their rosters so that's why they haven't brought her back yet BUT SINCE THEY'RE LETTING PAIGE RETURN THEY SHOULD PROBABLY LET SUMMER RETURN TOO SINCE SUMMER HAS BEEN WAITING/DOESN'T WANT TO GET RELEASED/HASN'T HAD TWO SUSPENSIONS AND A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SCANDAL SINCE SHE GOT INJURED!!!!! :skull::skull::skull: 

1 person likes this

Just now, Cooksie said:

She was, but she missed the post-Mania deadline they were looking for as that's their biggest time when they reset rosters for the next couple of months. The dynamic has already been set up for their rosters so that's why they haven't brought her back yet BUT SINCE THEY'RE LETTING PAIGE RETURN THEY SHOULD PROBABLY LET SUMMER RETURN TOO SINCE SUMMER HAS BEEN WAITING/DOESN'T WANT TO GET RELEASED/HASN'T HAD TWO SUSPENSIONS AND A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SCANDAL SINCE SHE GOT INJURED!!!!! :skull::skull::skull: 

Paige should come back tho still :clap: 

1 person likes this

They should've given it to Carmella but sine they didn't, they should just appease Kelly and give her that part time contract. She's a girl that has already proven to work and could work a better program (post-ring rust) than a Lana can in the ring and serve a better look than a Summer Rae, who the crowd has proven not to care about time and time again.:shrug: 

Edit: Peyton can serve the role way better than any girl they've tried it with too, so there's that!

1yfO1RL.gif.cdfcf86a5e20ca97876528bbc3b3

1 minute ago, Cooksie said:

Just now, Cooksie said:

Paige should come back tho still :clap: 

THIS TEA :innocent2:

I really need the RAW creative team to snap the fuck out of it and give us some diversity within the women's division. They have so many stars with so much potential (Momckie James, Danal Brooke, Emma****) but they insist on feeding us the same old shit week after week. I would SHIT if Paige and Summer returned to fuck shit up :crying: 

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Wilifred. said:

They should've given it to Carmella but sine they didn't, they should just appease Kelly and give her that part time contract. She's a girl that has already proven to work and could work a better program (post-ring rust) than a Lana can in the ring and serve a better look than a Summer Rae, who the crowd has proven not to care about time and time again.:shrug: 

Edit: Peyton can serve the role way better than any girl they've tried it with too, so there's that!

Peyton is a wrassler tho, I don't wanna see her in an Eva Marie type role :brandon4:

Maryse would be IDEAL but she signed a no match clause, as opposed to that no bumps clause y'all keep mentioning. Which sucks? Because as ugly as her WM program was, it showed she's most entertaining when she's playing with the girls. :rot: 

Just now, Dana Brooke said:

Peyton is a wrassler tho, I don't wanna see her in an Eva Marie type role :brandon4:

let mawma serve versatility :uhh: "WWE Divas are so versatile, we're ready for anything" :k2:  

1 minute ago, Wilifred. said:

let mawma serve versatility :uhh: "WWE Divas are so versatile, we're ready for anything" :k2:  

WWE nuh use ladies with accents (cc: Becky Lynch) unless they're serving Suicide Girl (cc: Paige). Stay in (summer) school!

xidJDI7.gif

7 minutes ago, Wilifred. said:

are you high :skull: 

3 people like this

Just now, Cooksie said:

WWE nuh use ladies with accents (cc: Becky Lynch) unless they're serving Suicide Girl (cc: Paige). Stay in (summer) school!

xidJDI7.gif

KJFD WE appreciate FOREIGN beauties over here but Kelly it is! 

xidJDI7.gif

Just now, Cooksie said:

are you high :skull: 

partially 

Eva's character is not a gimmick that can work with any person at any given time. It's hard to capture the essence of that magic once it's gone so I don't see how that relates to the diva search being a failure per se.

3 people like this

Talking about crowd reactions as if vignettes aren't the reason Lana gained her momentum back from being forgotten about and that promoting Summer's ShowMeYourMumu sponsored IG wouldn't serve the same effect. Even Emma got a pop as Emmalina. 

tenor.gif

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

Eva's character is not a gimmick that can work with any person at any time. It's hard to capture the essence of that magic once it's gone so I don't see how that relates to the diva search being a failure per se.

True.

13 minutes ago, Wilifred. said:

Independent circuit (2009–2015)[edit]

On 28 February 2009, McIntosh made her professional wrestling debut in Pro Wrestling Women's Alliance as KC Cassidy, teaming with Robbie Eagles in a mixed tag team match, defeating Madison Eagles and Mike Valuable.[5] For the next year in the promotion, she traded victories with Jessie McKay in singles matches, including a loss in a PWWA championshipmatch.[5] On 7 January 2011, she unsuccessfully challenged Madison Eagles for the championship.[5] On 20 June 2011 KC Cassidy and Tenille Tayla defeated Eliza Sway and Shazza McKenzie.[12] Cassidy made two appearances for the American all-female promotion Shimmer Women Athletes as Bambi Hall's tag team partner.[5] She was originally the scheduled opponent for Su Yung at a Shine Wrestling event in Ybor City, Florida, but instead became the replacement opponent for Rhia O'Reilly.[13] She also appeared for promotions Pro Wrestling Alliance Australia, New Horizons Pro Wrestling, Melbourne City Wrestling and Riot City Wrestling.[8][14]

Willy it's time to stop with your model era agenda go latch onto Taynara instead :uhh: 

9 people like this

WAIT i just realized that Willy's set is from ONE match :ahh: 

5 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Independent circuit (2009–2015)[edit]

On 28 February 2009, McIntosh made her professional wrestling debut in Pro Wrestling Women's Alliance as KC Cassidy, teaming with Robbie Eagles in a mixed tag team match, defeating Madison Eagles and Mike Valuable.[5] For the next year in the promotion, she traded victories with Jessie McKay in singles matches, including a loss in a PWWA championshipmatch.[5] On 7 January 2011, she unsuccessfully challenged Madison Eagles for the championship.[5] On 20 June 2011 KC Cassidy and Tenille Tayla defeated Eliza Sway and Shazza McKenzie.[12] Cassidy made two appearances for the American all-female promotion Shimmer Women Athletes as Bambi Hall's tag team partner.[5] She was originally the scheduled opponent for Su Yung at a Shine Wrestling event in Ybor City, Florida, but instead became the replacement opponent for Rhia O'Reilly.[13] She also appeared for promotions Pro Wrestling Alliance Australia, New Horizons Pro Wrestling, Melbourne City Wrestling and Riot City Wrestling.[8][14]

Willy it's time to stop with your model era agenda go latch onto Taynara instead :uhh: 

lfkmgl shut UP 

2 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

WAIT i just realized that Willy's set is from ONE match :ahh: 

you too :uhh: 

Omg @Cooksie I was just thinking about this the other day nn. I really think they should re-do the divasearch a 2013 tea, Where it isn't televised. We got girls like Devin Taylor, Veronica, Lana, Jojo, and Eva from that. I love the "wrestler" girls, but the models look like stars, and just bring a different quality. A bombshell is what todays division is missing, If someone came in and utilized her looks to further herself they would be really over. (See Lana, who was basically over because of her looks and small dresses).

2 people like this

The next Sable is never going to happen. Why? Because the things that made the crowd crazy over her and the things that she was allowed to do could never be thought of nowadays. The crowd is not even nearly as active and into the product as they were. The true illusion and the magic is gone.

Eva was her own beast. She's stunning as well, so she's immediately going to have the crowd's attention. She also had a "distinct" look going for her, so she was immediately memorable. And the heat bitch, the heat. I don't think Eva's magic can be replicated again either.