Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gl83

Sasha Banks on the Steve Austin podcast

45 posts in this topic

https://player.fm/series/the-steve-austin-show-1243840/sasha-banks

1) Sasha did MMA training because she watched RVD's DVD and he did it

2) Sasha dropped out of MMA school and joined wrestling school because she didn't like being punched in the face

3) None of the boys in the wrestling school wanted to slam Sasha because she was a girl, so the trainers made them treat her like an equal

4) Sasha cried every day on the ride home from wrestling school because the trainer was so harsh on her, but she appreciated it

5) In spite of the trainer "Handsome Johnny" attempting to break her, quitting wrestling never crossed her mind

6) Sasha asked her trainer to be an extra for WWE, but he said she wasn't ready, so she emailed WWE herself and got a reply within 10 minutes to do it

7) Someone pointed out that if Sasha went to the WWE she'd be doing bra and panties matches, she hated that, and said she wanted to go to Japan and Mexico to be a real wrestler

8) Sasha keeps a journal and writes in it daily

9) As Mercedes-KV, Sasha admits she was a bland babyface that just loved to do MOVEZ without telling a story

10) When she got to NXT, Sasha was just used to make other girls look good because she was a good wrestler with nothing else going for her

11) Tyler Breeze and Mikaze (Sasha's seamstress husband) helped her come up with a list of characters until The BOSS was ultimately chosen

12) Dusty Rhodes loved "Sassy Sasha" and wanted to push her new character after she stopped being a bland babyface

13) Sasha was going to give a generic corporate answer when Austin asked her if she enjoys being a heel or a babyface more by saying both, then she went into full shoot mode and said "I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and I definitely prefer being a heel."

14) Sasha went on to highlight the fact that the fans cheer the heels and boo the babyfaces because they're so poorly written and bland, and the heels kick ass.

15) Sasha said the only reason she enjoys being face is to make the kids happy and to see them dress up as her

16) Sasha said she knew before she locked up with Bayley at NXT Brooklyn 2015 that it was going to be special(In an interview a week before the match, she promised it would be "the greatest women's match you've ever seen"

17) Austin went on a tangent about intensity, believability, and character work being more important than high spots and bumps. Sasha said she and Bayley don't have to talk at all, but she takes pride in her secretive spot calling

18) Austin compliments her hidden spot calling by saying he's never seen or heard her do it in a match

19) Sasha tries to stay in touch with what the current fans want, so she constantly asks herself if she should do more spots, or focus more on storytelling

20) Sasha realized she was OVER when NXT crowds started chanting "SASHA'S RATCHET!" then eventually "NO SHE'S NOT!"

21) Sasha stole The BOSS persona from Snoop, but they weren't close, and she didn't meet him until he performed at a concert in IOWA when she was 12. Sasha used to beg Snoop to bring her to wrestling shows when he was in town, and she can be seen sitting in the front row in various pictures online

22) Sasha said until Paige's invasion with Mandy and Sonya, Sasha said creative only wrote for the Women's Champion

23) Sasha's happy to be working with the new girls so she can be in a storyllne

24) Sasha wants Women's Tag Team Championships so the women who aren't champion can do something of importance

25) Sasha's excited for the Indian tour because she sees a lot of Indian fans tweet her their excitement.

26) Sasha said wrestling in a quiet arena is the worst feeling ever. She'd rather be booed than wrestle in silence.

27) Sasha's favorite shows are Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and Stranger Things

28) Sasha's biggest fear is being an over the hill wrestler who's past her prime, so she contemplates early retirement

29) Sasha wants to eventually sit on her couch and be a mother, but she said she will leave retirement in God's hands and not put a date on it.

30) To get herself TV ready, Sasha says a prayer, thinks about what happened to her last week, then puts herself in "The Baddest Bitch" mode because she knows no one cares about her full babyface character

31) Sasha's slightly frustrated because they've teased her heel turn so many times and she's wondering "Is this ever going to happen?" but in the meantime, she's trying her best to make her babyface character work

32) Sasha closed the interview by saying she hopes they're getting a Women's Royal Rumble

4 people like this

Sounds like a decent interview nothing really new we haven’t heard before. I’m happy she admits she wants to be a heel just like the rest of us. I don’t see it happening anytime soon though at this point.

1 person likes this

@Rahgeme

Though probably nothing you don’t know.:newspaper:

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Mr.wolf2020 said:

Sounds like a decent interview nothing really new we haven’t heard before. I’m happy she admits she wants to be a heel just like the rest of us. I don’t see it happening anytime soon though at this point.

One other thing that she mentioned in the interview was that once her in-ring career is finished that she's very much interested in being a Road Agent. The reason being that she loves creating matches and building in-ring stories. She said that Bayley is interested in being a trainer because she loves, and has the patience, to explain how to do certain moves, but Sasha loves discussing what makes a match great and how a match should build properly.

11 people like this

Bitch. :skull:

8 people like this

7 minutes ago, gl83 said:

One other thing that she mentioned in the interview was that once her in-ring career is finished that she's very much interested in being a Road Agent. The reason being that she loves creating matches and building in-ring stories. She said that Bayley is interested in being a trainer because she loves, and has the patience, to explain how to do certain moves, but Sasha loves discussing what makes a match great and how a match should build properly.

I honestly could see them succeeding in both aspects. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nattie, Sasha, and Bayley were the future training team for Triple H. 

I do hope she gets that long title reign for her and her fans though. She mentions early retirement more and more at this point.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Ari M. said:

Bitch. :skull:

I choked. :skull: 

I appreciate her honesty and she didn't tell a lie anywhere.

3 hours ago, Mr.wolf2020 said:

I honestly could see them succeeding in both aspects. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nattie, Sasha, and Bayley were the future training team for Triple H. 

I do hope she gets that long title reign for her and her fans though. She mentions early retirement more and more at this point.

Probably because she's rightfully frustrated. WWE milks her fan support when they need to but doesn't wanna actually do shit with her :rot: . It kinda gives me shades of Mickie James' original run. The whole feud with Charlotte in hindsight seems like it was mainly to pad Charlotte's stats and give her a string of good matches and an iconic arch-rival than to actually serve both girls well since they haven't committed to a Sasha storyline since.

13 people like this

55 minutes ago, gl83 said:

11) Tyler Breeze and Mikaze (Sasha's seamstress husband) helped her come up with a list of characters until The BOSS was ultimately chosen

gldkfj the emphasis on seamstress is so shady :rot:. End gender roles!

9 people like this

5 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Probably because she's rightfully frustrated. WWE milks her fan support when they need to but doesn't wanna actually do shit with her :rot: . It kinda gives me shades Mickie James' original run. The whole feud with Charlotte in hindsight seems like it was mainly to pad Charlotte's stats and give her a string of good matches and an iconic arch-rival than to actually serve both girls well since they haven't committed to a Sasha storyline since.

No lies told here she’s essentially seen as a supporting character to the main even players. She at least has a resume that looks good on paper with great matches and championship reigns. I still don’t like her but she deserves better with the talent she has but we all know how the Wwe operates :oksis:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Angelic said:

@Rahgeme

Though probably nothing you don’t know.:newspaper:

I heard but haven’t listened! Lemme take the time and do so!

2 people like this

Seems like she kept it cute this time so that's good. I agree about the women's tag titles and rumble. Although as far as #9 goes, it seems her character is serving Mercedes KV right now.

Stonecold ready to snap mothers neck when she said “wrestling is fake”

Steve: it’s “fixed”!

Sasha: “fixed! sorry!”

Tbh there is nothing wrong with face Sasha, she's super popular and marketable, but her constant losses in big matches left a bad taste in fans' mouth.

I'm ready for the heel turn after WM, I want bad bitch NXT Sasha back.

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Probably because she's rightfully frustrated. WWE milks her fan support when they need to but doesn't wanna actually do shit with her :rot: . It kinda gives me shades Mickie James' original run. The whole feud with Charlotte in hindsight seems like it was mainly to pad Charlotte's stats and give her a string of good matches and an iconic arch-rival than to actually serve both girls well since they haven't committed to a Sasha storyline since.

I don’t blame her as well i know damn well these girls don’t want to sit backstage and do nothing. They’re more creative than the creative team themselves. 

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Boris. said:

Tbh there is nothing wrong with face Sasha, she's super popular and marketable, but her constant losses in big matches left a bad taste in fans' mouth.

I'm ready for the heel turn after WM, I want bad bitch NXT Sasha back.

Unfortunately WWE's crappy booking of Bayley resulting in the fans turning on her kinda ruined all that. In the wake of that, they had to keep Sasha as a Face since she was still universally liked and was still very popular. And now with Absolution on the scene, Sasha turning Heel would lead to a major imbalance between Face/Heels. It's bad enough that Smackdown is basically Charlotte vs The World due to Naomi/Becky being written out.

Vary qute interview, an icon. :draglina:

2 people like this

53 minutes ago, SaraLaDiallo said:

Vary qute interview, an icon. :draglina:

Sara nobody asked you to come in here being all rude and shit. You can take that somewhere else. 

OT: I love how she didn’t give PC answers and how passionate she is. However, you can tell she’s clearly starting to be over it.

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, Josh. said:

Sara nobody asked you to come in here being all rude and shit. You can take that somewhere else. 

OT: I love how she didn’t give PC answers and how passionate she is. However, you can tell she’s clearly starting to be over it.

//Japanese Princess// :draglina:

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Gavin said:

Seems like she kept it cute this time so that's good. I agree about the women's tag titles and rumble. Although as far as #9 goes, it seems her character is serving Mercedes KV right now.

This time? She keeps it cute ALLLL the time

I've always appreciated Sasha's honestly. You can tell that she's becoming more and more tired of being misused, which is a shame as she's one of WWE's top women. She's a great wrestler, is marketable, and can tell a story in the ring. She can play a great face, but it's WWE's creative that's to blame.

I'd really like to see her turn heel at WM. Since they're doing the 4HW vs 4HW match, I'd like to see Bayley take the fall (Since I doubt they'd put the WWE 4HW over MMA's) and have Sasha tear her apart after the match and blame her for all her shortcomings. When Sasha first debuted on the MR, she was undefeated in singles match for almost a year. When Bayley debuted, that's when she started losing a lot more. Bayley needs Sasha to get over, too. Bayley hasn't had a positive reaction in quite some time, and Sasha pretty much put her over when they started feuding. If anyone's gonna get the crowd back on Bayley's side, Sasha could be the one.

She has really gone to shit. That's what ha stans get for trying Godlotte tbh.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, trishallday said:

Would there be a Godlotte without a Boss? :specky: Food for thought.

4 people like this

Her finally owning up to Petty Bank$ instead of putting everyone on a tilt every time she makes a Tumblr text post :skull:

8 hours ago, trishallday said:

Keep it cute bitch :uhh:

9 hours ago, Eric said:

Would there be a Godlotte without a Boss? :specky: Food for thought.

True tea. There's no queen without peasants. 

1 person likes this