Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wiccan Venus

More former Divas on Chasing Glory

30 posts in this topic

Eve:

-She still feels like wrestling is a big part of her life

-When they announced the Women's Royal Rumble when she was teaching women self-defense and right after she got home she received all the highlights of what's going on in the company and she was very emotional about it. She says she knows how much it means for the women that are currently there.

-She knows she had a part in creating the revolution because that's how history works and she says that back when she was there, women were very frustrated because they didn't have important roles. That was one of the reasons why she retired.

-She's very happy for the current generation of women because they finally get time to shine.

-”Divas Generation” couldn't connect with the crowd because the company basically told them to go out, have an entrance, have a match and go home. She wasn't surprised that fans weren't paying attention to the women because there was no investment there.

-She misses WWE. The in-ring part was really hard to let go. She loves wrestling and dedicated herself to it but she has a different life now and she doesn't miss traveling.

-She says that Sasha is her favorite, she loves her character and thinks she's an incredible performer. She loves her.

Kelly Kelly:

-She likes to watch the show sometimes. She had a feeling Stephanie was going to announce the Rumble while watching the show. She loved seeing the girls' reactions, how excited they were.

-She thinks she would've cried if she was the part of the current roster. She remembers when she was there 10 years ago and really wanted WWE to do Women's Royal Rumble.

-She agrees with Eve, she was very frustrated when women didn't receive chances but she feels that they made sure to make their presents known and now people are finally recognizing that.

-She remembers feeling very overwhelmed when she got signed but she had good people behind her and leading her.

-She misses performing, seeing everybody.

-She doesn't think that she'd ever return though because traveling was too exhausting.

-Paige is Kelly's favorite on the current roster. She loves everything about Paige, thinks she's a great wrestler and entertainer. Says they've never met before but Rosa always tells her about Paige, and how they would probably be best friends because they're so alike. Rooting for her to win the Royal Rumble. :clap: 

Melina:

-She loved being a heel because nobody else wanted to be hated and she loved being booed by fans. The only reason why she wanted to be a babyface was that she could do more effective moves in the ring.

-She said that her heel character was completely different than who she is in real life.

-She found out about Women's Royal Rumble from Twitter.

-She thinks that it's awesome that the segment ended with all the girls celebrating together but also they should've been more in-character because they all are there to win the match.

-She is surprised that it took WWE so long to make it happen.

-She says that it made her happy when little girls told her they wanted to be like her but she didn't want them to go through all the struggles. Nowadays it's different.

-She wishes she was in the current division but she got to be a part of something she loved and she's happy for the current roster because they get the opportunities.

-She loves Charlotte, Alexa Bliss and Asuka. She would love to work with Asuka.

-She misses wrestling but she feels like she has nothing more to prove. She doesn't feel like she has anything to fight for because she accomplished a lot. (You need closure sis :crying: )

7 people like this

6 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Paige is Kelly's favorite on the current roster. She loves everything about Paige, thinks she's a great wrestler and entertainer. Says they've never met before but Rosa always tells her about Paige, and how they would probably be best friends because they're so alike. Rooting for her to win the Royal Rumble. :clap: 

I always knew Barbara was woke, good for ha :clap: @Wilifred.

5 people like this

:clap: my queens.

Eve has come a long way since 2010 when I was sending her death threats on Twitter for taking the Divas Championship off of Maryse. I stan her now 

3 people like this

I love the energy that has been surrounding the division + the former girls lately. Lillian said it perfectly, and these girls really are like a big family :crying: They all sound so happy to catch up and give their two cents on what’s currently happening :clap: 

I know that a lot of them (if any, bc we don’t know) won’t be in the match but I hope they get an invite to be at the event. It really is starting to feel like something larger than life. Happy for my girls! 

3 people like this

"She said that her heel character was completely different than who she is in real life."

If I hear this shit one more time.

Basically nobody worth anything from that gen will come back like Mickie. Their bodies are good for a one-off and not giving us the TOUR we desire. Le sigh.

1 person likes this

-She knows she had a part in creating the revolution because that's how history works and she says that back when she was there, women were very frustrated because they didn't have important roles. That was one of the reasons why she retired.

-She agrees with Eve, she was very frustrated when women didn't receive chances but she feels that they made sure to make their presents known and now people are finally recognizing that.

-She wishes she was in the current division but she got to be a part of something she loved and she's happy for the current roster because they get the opportunities.

If it's one thing I always love and notice about interviews featuring the past girls is their thoughts on the lack of opportunities they got during their time. While they're happy for the newest generation of girls they also wish they were a part of it or wish they had the smallest opportunity during their time. This is why they deserve that respect they fought to stand out with little opportunities they had to give us what the girls have today. :clap: This is also why a few times a few fans are offended when the slightest of shade is thrown towards the girls of the past.

Then again it's 2018 and we still can't get a decent storyline so...:k2:

1 person likes this

-She said that her heel character was completely different than who she is in real life

CAN YOU COME WITH SOMETHING ELSE? CAN YOU COME WITH SOMETHING ELSE? 

11 people like this

First of all, come back for a quick angle, Eve :crying: give us one last heel storyline, drag Sasha through backstage politicking and then put ha over at Mania :clap: 

Also Melina kinda clocked the tea on staying in character and that there can only be one winner. Girls from back then would NEVER hold hands, the new girlies need to get it together with that.

3 people like this

Eve. :clap:

59 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Melina:

-She loved being a heel because nobody else wanted to be hated and she loved being booed by fans. The only reason why she wanted to be a babyface was that she could do more effective moves in the ring.

nn okay but did she forget how she sabotaged ha last push because she didn't commit to her heel turn and made sure everyone on twitter knew that she was just portraying a character? Because I didn't. :draglina:

3 people like this

I need to listen to this tomorrow (the Eve part most importantly ofc, but I guess the rest too!)

4 hours ago, Natalie said:

Eve:

When she was the woman with the most important role in the company?? ....consistently, for like a year at that point?

brandy_confused_by_jaaron24-d90zw8b.gif

2 people like this

Eve stanning Sasha ugh my faves. :shook: 

Melina honestly didn’t lie, she doesn’t have anything to prove considering she literally accomplished all there was to do. :clap: 

11 minutes ago, Angelic said:

When she was the woman with the most important role in the company?? ....consistently, for like a year at that point?

What does that have to do with anything? Mickie, Melina, Michelle, Maryse, etc. have all expressed their frustrations about how the women were treated in their time and they were all top women at one point or another, if not for the majority of their career. 

Being a top woman in 2011 is NOT the same as being a top woman in 2017. One carries more weight, and while both eras have their flaws, the latter is definitely a lot less frustrating than the former. I thought this would be obvious. 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Wilifred. said:

What does that have to do with anything? Mickie, Melina, Michelle, Maryse, etc. have all expressed their frustrations about how the women were treated in their time and they were all top women at one point or another, if not for the majority of their career. 

Being a top woman in 2011 is NOT the same as being a top woman in 2017. One carries more weight, and while both eras have their flaws, the latter is definitely a lot less frustrating than the former. I thought this would be obvious. 

I’m saying she saw great success with the role and place she was given with how prominent she was in both divisions. She was having consistent segments with John Cena. Maybe she could’ve contributed further and made things happen sooner had she stuck around. She left way too soon, at the worst possible time (for us, not her), and I’m sticking to it.

FEpRDS8.gif

1 minute ago, Angelic said:

I’m saying she saw great success with the role and place she was given with how prominent she was in both divisions. She was having consistent segments with John Cena. Maybe she could’ve contributed further and made things happen sooner had she stuck around. She left way too soon, at the worst possible time (for us, not her), and I’m sticking to it.

FEpRDS8.gif

okay but many girls before her saw similar success but things still remained the same up until recently. Eventually you start wondering if things are going to change PERMANENTLY, not monthly. I’m not going to have y’all paint literally the most humble human being that has stepped in that ring as ungrateful. It’s not going to fly. If she said that, it’s because it’s TRUE. 

And that’s the tea. 

FEpRDS8.gif

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Wilifred. said:

okay but many girls before her saw similar success but things still remained the same up until recently. Eventually you start wondering if things are going to change PERMANENTLY, not monthly. I’m not going to have y’all paint literally the most humble human being that has stepped in that ring as ungrateful. It’s not going to fly. If she said that, it’s because it’s TRUE. 

And that’s the tea. 

FEpRDS8.gif

Who said she was ungrateful? I’m saying she was the most powerful woman we had in years up to that point. She’s the closest we got to a Sable with how she had these men under her finger and her character was literally a manipulative heartbreaker. 

I never faulted her on the decision she made, we all know why she did it and it was warranted. Her personal life was at a perfect place and it was the best time. I’m just saying we don’t know where it could’ve went. Especially with AJ’s RISE and rule over the division and how the both of them could’ve single handedly changed things up possibly. Don’t come for me because I’m a proud beliEver in what could’ve been!

FEpRDS8.gif

6 minutes ago, Angelic said:

Who said she was ungrateful? I’m saying she was the most powerful woman we had in years up to that point. She’s the closest we got to a Sable with how she had these men under her finger and her character was literally a manipulative heartbreaker. 

I never faulted her on the decision she made, we all know why she did it and it was warranted. Her personal life was at a perfect place and it was the best time. I’m just saying we don’t know where it could’ve went. Especially with AJ’s RISE and rule over the division and how the both of them could’ve single handedly changed things up possibly. Don’t come for me because I’m a proud beliEver in what could’ve been!

FEpRDS8.gif

ok mawma the comment is still unnecessary because if you get why she did it, and you don’t fault her for her decision, then you’re just sour that she didn’t give us that WM feud with AJ, and to be honest I am too, but let us not dwell on the past and bring me a headless chicken so I can cook up this spell and she can enter the rumble. 

FEpRDS8.gif

Wow I blocked out the fact that Eve robbed us of a true women's WRESTLING  wrestlemania title match against AJ. A fucking HEEL through and through. 

FEpRDS8.gif

3 people like this

34 minutes ago, Wilifred. said:

ok mawma the comment is still unnecessary because if you get why she did it, and you don’t fault her for her decision, then you’re just sour that she didn’t give us that WM feud with AJ, and to be honest I am too, but let us not dwell on the past and bring me a headless chicken so I can cook up this spell and she can enter the rumble. 

FEpRDS8.gif

I’ll have Gavin over shortly.

FEpRDS8.gif

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Angelic said:

I’ll have Gavin over shortly.

FEpRDS8.gif

Trying not to go on a rant about the Divas division during that time. We'll see.

FEpRDS8.gif

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

Trying not to go on a rant about the Divas division during that time. We'll see.

FEpRDS8.gif

FEpRDS8.gif

Didn’t Melina say some slick shit and throw shade at Sasha? I heard she said something about “some women lose their spark when they turn face” or something, eluding to Miss Banks.

let that be the case... and—-