Cooksie

Full Sail | In Town (RP Thread)

1,675 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Captain Fox said:

Aiden English
"That would make us family. I'm your half brother." 
He grabs his chest and looks down to catch his breath as he is relieved everything is out. He looks back up and see Paige is barely standing and he quickly holds her up and walks with her to sit somewhere. Once she is seated, he finds a chair and sits next to her. "I know this is a lot to take in, but my mom has been helping your Gran-Well our grandma with raising you since he died. Even though they stopped being together, they always thought of each other as friends. She has been keeping tabs on you and sending pictures of me to grandma, who is a very lovely woman. She is the reason why the store is closed."

Paige Turner
Paige's mind was racing 100 miles a minute. She just couldn't comprehend all the information Aiden had given her. "I'm sorry this is just ... a lot for me to take in. For a while it's just been me and Grandma and now I have a long lost brother? It's just a lot." She reiterates, running a hand through her dark hair.

After a few more moments of contemplation she finally begins to speak again. "Not to be rude or anything cause it seems you came a long way to see me but even though we might be related you're still a stranger to me. I'm not just gonna jump up and hug you or anything. B-but I am willing to try and get to know you, if that's what you're here for."

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Paige Turner
Paige's mind was racing 100 miles a minute. She just couldn't comprehend all the information Aiden had given her. "I'm sorry this is just ... a lot for me to take in. For a while it's just been me and Grandma and now I have a long lost brother? It's just a lot." She reiterates, running a hand through her dark hair.

After a few more moments of contemplation she finally begins to speak again. "Not to be rude or anything cause it seems you came a long way to see me but even though we might be related you're still a stranger to me. I'm not just gonna jump up and hug you or anything. B-but I am willing to try and get to know you, if that's what you're here for."

Aiden English
"That is all I've wanted since I found out I had a sister."  It was then he decided that he would delay the other reason why he was there. Paige clearly wasn't ready to hear the burden their father laid down on her, and he wouldn't push it as much as he wanted to be a warlock. "So... How do you suppose we get to know each other without doing a complete novel on our complete lives?" His brows lifts as he taps the book in front of him. He smiles a bit as he thinks of a way to get to know his sister.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Captain Fox said:

Aiden English
"That is all I've wanted since I found out I had a sister."  It was then he decided that he would delay the other reason why he was there. Paige clearly wasn't ready to hear the burden their father laid down on her, and he wouldn't push it as much as he wanted to be a warlock. "So... How do you suppose we get to know each other without doing a complete novel on our complete lives?" His brows lifts as he taps the book in front of him. He smiles a bit as he thinks of a way to get to know his sister.

Paige Turner
"Well, my grandmo..." she begins but stops herself thinking it over. "I'm sorry. Our Grandmother always says you can learn a lot about someone over a nice spot of tea. I guess maybe we could start with that, if you want?" Paige suggests, offering Aiden a genuine smile.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Paige Turner
"Well, my grandmo..." she begins but stops herself thinking it over. "I'm sorry. Our Grandmother always says you can learn a lot about someone over a nice spot of tea. I guess maybe we could start with that, if you want?" Paige suggests, offering Aiden a genuine smile.

Aiden English
"That sounds absolutely wonderful," Aiden replies without hesitation.  This was a whole new beginning for him and he wasn't going to screw it up. "We can meet at a cafe in town sometime this week." Aiden grabs a paper and a pen nearby and writes down his number. "Here. Anytime you want to meet, you call." Aiden gets up from here chair with a smile plaster over his face. "I'll see you soon, Paige." 

Aiden walks out of the shop feeling hopeful that he can build a relationship with his sister and his grandma here in Full Sails. The wicca stuff can wait for a later date... Or can it?

FIN

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mariah. said:

SETH ROLLINS
The sensation of Finn's familiar touch continues to validate Seth's feeling of safety; the feeling that he really could be vulnerable with his friend. It was a vulnerability he hasn't been able to express wholeheartedly since turning, and in lieu of recent threats, it was a vulnerability he needed to release. Carefully pulling his arm away from under Finn's palm, until their hands meet and interlock, he takes a deep breath to guard his tears. "I died too, Finn... Like I said, this is gonna sound crazy man, but: I'm a vampire." Gripping Finn's hand tighter and shivering in his hold, his husky voice cracks through the continuation of his revelation. "And for a while, I've been living with it and trying to control it—trying not to hurt innocent people, and just protect those who need it and deserve it. But there's something coming after me and my kind, with no mercy. And it has me thinking... maybe there's no fighting the fact that I was reborn to be a monster. Shit, maybe I always was one. And maybe this is my sentence."

FINN BÁLOR
The unnerving revelation resonated deeper with Finn, much more than he had even anticipated. "I..." he began, but couldn't finish. At a loss for words with a combination of sorrow and reprehension clouding his thoughts, Finn couldn't pinpoint the correct response. If he feared or pitied this man he'd been drawn to, one way or another.

Father-- what is the meaning of this? 'Coming after his kind?' Is this...

"...the forewarning," he said, morosely, speaking out loud to himself. "Of a civil war among the damned that would strengthen their evil. The reason I..."

The reason you were...

"...Seth," he'd say, breaking from his darker tone to one with more optimism. His voice was low, but his eyes were bright, trying to convey confidence to the man before him. "That's your name, isn't it? For some reason, I knew I recognized your face. I don't... quite understand how, but I did. I... know you," he'd say, now becoming more conflicted with his brain searching for archival memories he no longer had access to. It brought him a stinging pain, making him wince. "...I don't know how to take any of this," he'd say, rubbing his temples, before looking Seth in the eyes once more, squeezing his hand intertwined in his own. "...but you and I aren't dead. We're very much alive, and we're going to have to keep each other that way."

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

FINN BÁLOR
The unnerving revelation resonated deeper with Finn, much more than he had even anticipated. "I..." he began, but couldn't finish. At a loss for words with a combination of sorrow and reprehension clouding his thoughts, Finn couldn't pinpoint the correct response. If he feared or pitied this man he'd been drawn to, one way or another.

Father-- what is the meaning of this? 'Coming after his kind?' Is this...

"...the forewarning," he said, morosely, speaking out loud to himself. "Of a civil war among the damned that would strengthen their evil. The reason I..."

The reason you were...

"...Seth," he'd say, breaking from his darker tone to one with more optimism. His voice was low, but his eyes were bright, trying to convey confidence to the man before him. "That's your name, isn't it? For some reason, I knew I recognized your face. I don't... quite understand how, but I did. I... know you," he'd say, now becoming more conflicted with his brain searching for archival memories he no longer had access to. It brought him a stinging pain, making him wince. "...I don't know how to take any of this," he'd say, rubbing his temples, before looking Seth in the eyes once more, squeezing his hand intertwined in his own. "...but you and I aren't dead. We're very much alive, and we're going to have to keep each other that way."

SETH ROLLINS
After nodding in agreement, Seth takes his free hand and places it atop his and Finn's interwoven fingers, still attempting to blockade his sweeping sadness, angst and tears, only to succumb to their release. He rests their held hands against his bowed forehead and draws his nose, then looks back at Finn with soaked eyes. "God, I missed you, man. It tore me up that I never got the chance to say goodbye."

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

SETH ROLLINS
After nodding in agreement, Seth takes his free hand and places it atop his and Finn's interwoven fingers, still attempting to blockade his sweeping sadness, angst and tears, only to succumb to their release. He rests their held hands against his bowed forehead and draws his nose, then looks back at Finn with soaked eyes. "God, I missed you, man. It tore me up that I never got the chance to say goodbye."

FINN BÁLOR
"I... I missed you, too,"
he'd say, slowly, not sure if he comprehended that emotion quite yet, but understanding it's what Seth needed to hear. Finn would wrap his arm around Seth's arm, bringing him in for an embrace. The level of empathy Finn felt in this moment was foreign to him in his immediate memory, but familiar... necessary in a realm of his knowledge that had escaped him. Though much perplexed Finn about this world, this feeling of camaraderie between himself and Seth felt comfortable.

"Is that what you need, then? Closure?" He'd say, murmuring lowly into Seth's ear, before releasing his embrace. "Do you think that's why we've been reunited?"

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cooksie said:

FINN BÁLOR
"I... I missed you, too,"
he'd say, slowly, not sure if he comprehended that emotion quite yet, but understanding it's what Seth needed to hear. Finn would wrap his arm around Seth's arm, bringing him in for an embrace. The level of empathy Finn felt in this moment was foreign to him in his immediate memory, but familiar... necessary in a realm of his knowledge that had escaped him. Though much perplexed Finn about this world, this feeling of camaraderie between himself and Seth felt comfortable.

"Is that what you need, then? Closure?" He'd say, murmuring lowly into Seth's ear, before releasing his embrace. "Do you think that's why we've been reunited?"

SETH ROLLINS
"I... I don't know. Maybe?"
 Seth responds, looking off into the open space and still trying to make sense of this series of events. Gazing back into Finn's blue eyes, he grazes his thumb against Finn's lips, flushing color back into his resurrected friend's muted state. "But I can still see you. And feel you."

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

SETH ROLLINS
"I... I don't know. Maybe?"
 Seth responds, looking off into the open space and still trying to make sense of this series of events. Gazing back into Finn's blue eyes, he grazes his thumb against Finn's lips, flushing color back into his resurrected friend's muted state. "But I can still see you. And feel you."

FINN BÁLOR
Finn blushed at the gesture. "...Yeah, I'm not a ghost, bud," he'd say, chuckling. "At least not fully. Is that the way you'd prefer it? Because I'm here. In the flesh. And much like this is my place to hide out from the world... maybe it could be yours, too?"

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cooksie said:

FINN BÁLOR
Finn blushed at the gesture. "...Yeah, I'm not a ghost, bud," he'd say, chuckling. "At least not fully. Is that the way you'd prefer it? Because I'm here. In the flesh. And much like this is my place to hide out from the world... maybe it could be yours, too?"

SETH ROLLINS
"I—I can't,"
Seth declines, thinking back to his vampire brothers and sisters, and the rising danger. The temptation to just run and hide away with Finn was insurmountable, but he needed to help his own first and, ultimately, keep Finn out of harm's way. He gives his friend a reassuring smile before explaining himself. "I shouldn't. It's just... this is all still a bit weird and random for me, and there's stuff I need to deal with first. But I promise, I'll help you figure out what you need to. We'll help each other."

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

SETH ROLLINS
"I—I can't,"
Seth declines, thinking back to his vampire brothers and sisters, and the rising danger. The temptation to just run and hide away with Finn was insurmountable, but he needed to help his own first and, ultimately, keep Finn out of harm's way. He gives his friend a reassuring smile before explaining himself. "I shouldn't. It's just... this is all still a bit weird and random for me, and there's stuff I need to deal with first. But I promise, I'll help you figure out what you need to. We'll help each other."

FINN BÁLOR
"Okay,"
he'd say, a bit dejectedly. He couldn't fathom what exactly the life of a vampire on Earth entailed, but at least a proximity to Seth could get him closer to finding the answers he needed. Granted, if Seth would stay in acquaintance. "I'll help you as much as I can. Just don't be a stranger, alright? I know things might get busy, but...  it would be nice to have a friendly face around more often."

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

FINN BÁLOR
"Okay,"
he'd say, a bit dejectedly. He couldn't fathom what exactly the life of a vampire on Earth entailed, but at least a proximity to Seth could get him closer to finding the answers he needed. Granted, if Seth would stay in acquaintance. "I'll help you as much as I can. Just don't be a stranger, alright? I know things might get busy, but...  it would be nice to have a friendly face around more often."

SETH ROLLINS
"I agree,"
Seth says softly, although he wanted to say so much more. The deeper, unexplored feelings he had for Finn were reigniting the longer he sat before him, in the reality that he was still alive. But whatever it was between them that rendered a romantic relationship improbable before, was impossible now. "I better get going," he continues, longing to kiss his friend goodbye.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

 SETH ROLLINS
"I agree,"
Seth says softly, although he wanted to say so much more. The deeper, unexplored feelings he had for Finn were reigniting the longer he sat before him, in the reality that he was still alive. But whatever it was between them that rendered a romantic relationship improbable before, was impossible now. "I better get going," he continues, longing to kiss his friend goodbye.

FINN BÁLOR
"I guess so,"
Finn would remark, lowering his tone as well, with a slight smile. He'd embrace Seth again, feeling the strength of Seth's arms around his as he deeply contemplated the encounter. He questioned the validity of his identity; surely 'Finn' was who he was, or must have been, as he knew Seth, and now knew how much Seth cared for Finn-- for him, rather.

Though this heightened sense of importance outside of his dutiful placement was appreciated, it was still largely irrelevant. He'd release his hold of Seth, before leading him to the front door, opening it. "I'll keep an eye on you as you head out, so that the cloak extends to you and no one sees you leave. ...Be careful out there," he'd say, tepidly. "You know where I am if you ever need me. For anything. Unless it has to do with murder, witchcraft or deviancy of any kind," he'd quickly correct. "...but yeah, I'm here. Call on me, anytime."

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CARMELLA VAN DALE
Although several hours had passed since her confrontation with the hell spawn that plagued her kind for generations, Carmella couldn't remove herself from the fury she felt. All night, into the morning, she wandered the shores and forests, trying to bring herself to a more tranquil state of mind—trying to ease herself. But her feelings could not be overcome, nor did she want to overcome them any longer. Her hatred and anger was strong, and her desire to rid herself of her chains was even stronger than before. With a soulless, cruel scowl and one leg thrown over the other, she swirls around her signature cup of brandy, her forearm hanging over the arm of her chair, tucked in a shadowy corner of the parlor.

The sound of heavy, approaching footsteps echo down the staircase, Carmella perched and unflinching, dressed in her lacy, black undergarments and open negligee, her body physically heated to match her mental state.

tbc: @Maxim

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

FINN BÁLOR
"I guess so,"
Finn would remark, lowering his tone as well, with a slight smile. He'd embrace Seth again, feeling the strength of Seth's arms around his as he deeply contemplated the encounter. He questioned the validity of his identity; surely 'Finn' was who he was, or must have been, as he knew Seth, and now knew how much Seth cared for Finn-- for him, rather.

Though this heightened sense of importance outside of his dutiful placement was appreciated, it was still largely irrelevant. He'd release his hold of Seth, before leading him to the front door, opening it. "I'll keep an eye on you as you head out, so that the cloak extends to you and no one sees you leave. ...Be careful out there," he'd say, tepidly. "You know where I am if you ever need me. For anything. Unless it has to do with murder, witchcraft or deviancy of any kind," he'd quickly correct. "...but yeah, I'm here. Call on me, anytime."

SETH ROLLINS
"I'm glad, believe me. And I will,"
Seth smiles before stepping away from the house and taking in his surroundings as he remains veiled, notably those visiting Finn's memorial. A friend who, to him, was still alive and who offered the potential for a human connection or relationship once again.
He takes one last long glance at as friend, then speeds off with the wind, without a trace.

fin.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 10:31 PM, Mariah. said:

CARMELLA VAN DALE
Although several hours had passed since her confrontation with the hell spawn that plagued her kind for generations, Carmella couldn't remove herself from the fury she felt. All night, into the morning, she wandered the shores and forests, trying to bring herself to a more tranquil state of mind—trying to ease herself. But her feelings could not be overcome, nor did she want to overcome them any longer. Her hatred and anger was strong, and her desire to rid herself of her chains was even stronger than before. With a soulless, cruel scowl and one leg thrown over the other, she swirls around her signature cup of brandy, her forearm hanging over the arm of her chair, tucked in a shadowy corner of the parlor.

The sound of heavy, approaching footsteps echo down the staircase, Carmella perched and unflinching, dressed in her lacy, black undergarments and open negligee, her body physically heated to match her mental state.

tbc: @Maxim

 

ROMAN REIGNS
Roman wakes with a start, coated with a slight sweat, trying to provide some context to his surroundings by recounting the events of the previous day. He admits to himself that he had expected a bit more of a resistance on part of Carmella; well-educated on her normally hard-hearted and obdurate nature, and having been witness to an underlying coarse tone throughout the majority of their exchange the previous day, obviously he'd anticipated some strong aversion initially (which is pretty much what he'd gotten). It's just that he hadn't expected her to accede so quickly thereafter to his request, he'd guessed. Giving too much thought to it is enough to keep him slightly unsettled and a bit on edge. Roman wasn't enough of a bull-headed fool to actually believe that his emotional appeal had somehow persuaded Carmella --- not when he himself thought the story he was selling was a bit flimsy, farfetched, and full of holes. Roman continued this train of thought for at least another half hour, devising and ultimately discarding many different scenarios of any kind of malicious intent that could be bundled with Roman's admittance into her home. Surely Roman's paranoia was unwarranted, but there was no way Carmella could be privy to Roman's actual purpose in her company, could she?

Shaking the thoughts loose, Roman popped the joints in his back and rolled his shoulders, before he got out of bed in with intent of preparing himself for the day. Mind running back to the young vixen, Roman thought it a bit strange that he couldn't hear much movement in the household. Granted, it was a pretty sizeable house, but somehow Roman had developed something of a 'sensor' to her. In fact, it had only been less than twenty-four hours since Roman had first engaged her face-to-face, yet he felt that he had become attuned to her presence in a way. He could chalk it up to just a passing feeling, but somehow he'd found himself tying Carmella to a very dark area of his mind that he'd long since parted off. But Roman realized he might've begun to take a vague liking to the woman, even in spite of her calculated disposition and evident seduction techniques. She was cutthroat, guileful, and had a damn good body to boot. He could entertain a vapid illusion from afar, is his thought as he makes his way down to the house's foyer.

And speaking of the devil in lace lingerie...

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxim said:

ROMAN REIGNS
Roman wakes with a start, coated with a slight sweat, trying to provide some context to his surroundings by recounting the events of the previous day. He admits to himself that he had expected a bit more of a resistance on part of Carmella; well-educated on her normally hard-hearted and obdurate nature, and having been witness to an underlying coarse tone throughout the majority of their exchange the previous day, obviously he'd anticipated some strong aversion initially (which is pretty much what he'd gotten). It's just that he hadn't expected her to accede so quickly thereafter to his request, he'd guessed. Giving too much thought to it is enough to keep him slightly unsettled and a bit on edge. Roman wasn't enough of a bull-headed fool to actually believe that his emotional appeal had somehow persuaded Carmella --- not when he himself thought the story he was selling was a bit flimsy, farfetched, and full of holes. Roman continued this train of thought for at least another half hour, devising and ultimately discarding many different scenarios of any kind of malicious intent that could be bundled with Roman's admittance into her home. Surely Roman's paranoia was unwarranted, but there was no way Carmella could be privy to Roman's actual purpose in her company, could she?

Shaking the thoughts loose, Roman popped the joints in his back and rolled his shoulders, before he got out of bed in with intent of preparing himself for the day. Mind running back to the young vixen, Roman thought it a bit strange that he couldn't hear much movement in the household. Granted, it was a pretty sizeable house, but somehow Roman had developed something of a 'sensor' to her. In fact, it had only been less than twenty-four hours since Roman had first engaged her face-to-face, yet he felt that he had become attuned to her presence in a way. He could chalk it up to just a passing feeling, but somehow he'd found himself tying Carmella to a very dark area of his mind that he'd long since parted off. But Roman realized he might've begun to take a vague liking to the woman, even in spite of her calculated disposition and evident seduction techniques. She was cutthroat, guileful, and had a damn good body to boot. He could entertain a vapid illusion from afar, is his thought as he makes his way down to the house's foyer.

And speaking of the devil in lace lingerie...

CARMELLA VAN DALE
"How did you sleep,"
questions the still aloof Carmella as Roman steps in front of the doorway, marginally more covered than he was overnight. She rolls her eyes after they trail the shirtless figure—his jeans sitting dangerously below his waistline—annoyed by his temptation, as well as her own weakness.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mariah. said:

CARMELLA VAN DALE
"How did you sleep,"
questions the still aloof Carmella as Roman steps in front of the doorway, marginally more covered than he was overnight. She rolls her eyes after they trail the shirtless figure—his jeans sitting dangerously below his waistline—annoyed by his temptation, as well as her own weakness.

ROMAN REIGNS
That's what had been troubling Roman since he woke up. He couldn't recall when he'd even fallen asleep or how he got up to the bedroom. Roman thought it a bit peculiar that he slipped into a steady sense of security so carelessly in unfamiliar territory, especially considering how sharp his defenses normally are. He'd slept too peacefully in a stranger's company. He hasn't stopped chastising himself for it. What soothed his mind a bit was that Carmella wasn't one he'd pegged for foul play, unless provoked.

"Uh, can't say that I got much in. Too much on my mind. Too much unease, you know?" Lies. He'd had one of the best rests in his recent memory.

Roman used that moment to pretty much drink in the sight of the vixen on the couch. Right leg crossed over the knee, the other tucked under solid, toned thighs, Carmella was a sight to behold adorned in black lace, as Roman trailed up the length of her body. Taking in how the waist dips in deep beyond the accent of her broad hips; the way her supple breasts sat squarely on her chest, threatening to break beyond their strappy prison. A notable stream of blood was jetrocketing towards his manhood, and he wasn't sure how much of it he could blame on 'morning wood'. Roman didn't know if sauntering around kinky negligee was a daily practice for Carmella, but he often preferred not to concern himself with what wasn't any of his business, nor could find any reason to raise a complaint. But wait, it sounded like she'd just gotten in only a moment ago. Why would she be dressed so?

"Did you just get in?"

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maxim said:

ROMAN REIGNS
That's what had been troubling Roman since he woke up. He couldn't recall when he'd even fallen asleep or how he got up to the bedroom. Roman thought it a bit peculiar that he slipped into a steady sense of security so carelessly in unfamiliar territory, especially considering how sharp his defenses normally are. He'd slept too peacefully in a stranger's company. He hasn't stopped chastising himself for it. What soothed his mind a bit was that Carmella wasn't one he'd pegged for foul play, unless provoked.

"Uh, can't say that I got much in. Too much on my mind. Too much unease, you know?" Lies. He'd had one of the best rests in his recent memory.

Roman used that moment to pretty much drink in the sight of the vixen on the couch. Right leg crossed over the knee, the other tucked under solid, toned thighs, Carmella was a sight to behold adorned in black lace, as Roman trailed up the length of her body. Taking in how the waist dips in deep beyond the accent of her broad hips; the way her supple breasts sat squarely on her chest, threatening to break beyond their strappy prison. A notable stream of blood was jetrocketing towards his manhood, and he wasn't sure how much of it he could blame on 'morning wood'. Roman didn't know if sauntering around kinky negligee was a daily practice for Carmella, but he often preferred not to concern himself with what wasn't any of his business, nor could find any reason to raise a complaint. But wait, it sounded like she'd just gotten in only a moment ago. Why would she be dressed so?

"Did you just get in?"

CARMELLA VAN DALE
"This is my house, and you're the guest. So that's not really any of your business, now is it,"
Carmella snipes back irrationally as she tilts her head and scowls. Her temper was already short, and the last thing she wanted was to be questioned by someone she barely knew. Because being questioned meant being controlled. And she had vowed she would no longer answer to anyone but herself, no matter how good the intention of the other person may appear. "But yes, sir," she nods, so impassioned that a thin layer of tears coat her eyes. Through them, she stares into Roman's, momentarily reminded of his innocent sister. "I did just get in. It was a crazy night, actually." She pauses her raspy speech to finish her drink, then rises to her feet, slowly pacing toward Roman. "You know: the usual story. A man thinks he owns you, a woman; your body, your mind, your 'innocence'. Then he decides to try and take it, against your fucking will. Like our only purpose in life is to serve them—you can't have your own freewill or you're a threat to yourself, to society, to them. But don't fret because I killed him... two of them, actually. Any other questions? Because in case you were also wondering, there were vampires there too. You believe in them, right? Hell's very own, created to embody everything it means to take another person's freedom, control and life, after having your own taken. Had to stick around to teach them a lesson, as well."

Carmella giggles, then stops in place and holds out her index finger. "Wait, sorry, am I rambling to a stranger? It must be the brandy. Its been sitting around for years, apparently."

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mariah. said:

CARMELLA VAN DALE
"This is my house, and you're the guest. So that's not really any of your business, now is it,"
Carmella snipes back irrationally as she tilts her head and scowls. Her temper was already short, and the last thing she wanted was to be questioned by someone she barely knew. Because being questioned meant being controlled. And she had vowed she would no longer answer to anyone but herself, no matter how good the intention of the other person may appear. "But yes, sir," she nods, so impassioned that a thin layer of tears coat her eyes. Through them, she stares into Roman's, momentarily reminded of his innocent sister. "I did just get in. It was a crazy night, actually." She pauses her raspy speech to finish her drink, then rises to her feet, slowly pacing toward Roman. "You know: the usual story. A man thinks he owns you, a woman; your body, your mind, your 'innocence'. Then he decides to try and take it, against your fucking will. Like our only purpose in life is to serve them—you can't have your own freewill or you're a threat to yourself, to society, to them. But don't fret because I killed him... two of them, actually. Any other questions? Because in case you were also wondering, there were vampires there too. You believe in them, right? Hell's very own, created to embody everything it means to take another person's freedom, control and life, after having your own taken. Had to stick around to teach them a lesson, as well."

Carmella giggles, then stops in place and holds out her index finger. "Wait, sorry, am I rambling to a stranger? It must be the brandy. Its been sitting around for years, apparently."

ROMAN REIGNS

Shit. Roman realized that, if he could assume an accurate representation of his face at that moment, it'd probably resemble a swollen puffer-fish, what with how comically wide his eyes had gotten. This is exactly the reason why Roman was kicking his own ass at having let his guard down so quickly, especially after but a single night on the compound with this girl. What the fuck had transpired in the short time that he'd taken a rest? He needed to try to get a rein on this situation, and fast.

"Vampires? Last time I heard someone say that with a straight face, those shitty teen flicks were still hot on the market. But I'm guessing that brandy is fucking with you big time right now", he threw out to her. "I mean, your eyes are looking a bit glazed over, so it'd probably be wise to put a lid on it. But I mean, you're a big girl --- don't let me stop your flow", Roman trying to project an air of nonchalance and cool indifference, as he's speaking to her.

"Also, I only asked out of curiosity, mainly. Not that it's any of my business how you go and come. I wasn't trying to police you or anything --- I apologize if that's the way it came out." He forges a flimsy yawn at that point. Feeling that he needs to contact Corey, he tries to excuse himself from the woman's company. "Sorry about that, still a bit beaten up from last night", as he makes a show of smelling his underarms, "and a quick shower is in order, from the smell of it. I think I remember passing a bathroom down the hall earlier. 'Scuse me while I take some time to get myself together".

He turns and heads back down the path to bedroom with a cool stride, albeit with a slight edge to his step --- subtle enough that Carmella wouldn't be able to pick up on it without stern focus, but with enough vigor that he makes it back to his destination before she can wise up to anything.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 8:41 PM, Maxim said:

ROMAN REIGNS

Shit. Roman realized that, if he could assume an accurate representation of his face at that moment, it'd probably resemble a swollen puffer-fish, what with how comically wide his eyes had gotten. This is exactly the reason why Roman was kicking his own ass at having let his guard down so quickly, especially after but a single night on the compound with this girl. What the fuck had transpired in the short time that he'd taken a rest? He needed to try to get a rein on this situation, and fast.

"Vampires? Last time I heard someone say that with a straight face, those shitty teen flicks were still hot on the market. But I'm guessing that brandy is fucking with you big time right now", he threw out to her. "I mean, your eyes are looking a bit glazed over, so it'd probably be wise to put a lid on it. But I mean, you're a big girl --- don't let me stop your flow", Roman trying to project an air of nonchalance and cool indifference, as he's speaking to her.

"Also, I only asked out of curiosity, mainly. Not that it's any of my business how you go and come. I wasn't trying to police you or anything --- I apologize if that's the way it came out." He forges a flimsy yawn at that point. Feeling that he needs to contact Corey, he tries to excuse himself from the woman's company. "Sorry about that, still a bit beaten up from last night", as he makes a show of smelling his underarms, "and a quick shower is in order, from the smell of it. I think I remember passing a bathroom down the hall earlier. 'Scuse me while I take some time to get myself together".

He turns and heads back down the path to bedroom with a cool stride, albeit with a slight edge to his step --- subtle enough that Carmella wouldn't be able to pick up on it without stern focus, but with enough vigor that he makes it back to his destination before she can wise up to anything.

CARMELLA VAN DALE
With her jaw clenched, Carmella watches Roman's muscular back trail up the stairs, her intensity mounting its peak in response to Roman's lack of reaction to her outburst. She wanted him to be as afraid of her as everyone else was; as she herself once was. She wanted the power and control. But the man's nonchalance confused, intrigued, worried and upset her all the same, recalling her first instinct that something intoxicating-ly dark laid within his impeccable shell of a body. To that observation, his reaction also reminded her of one Elias; the ability to stand in the face of trouble and fear, and remain composed and fearless. It's what she admired—and envied—most about her lost lover. This time, however, she wasn't interested in building a connection while solving his puzzling, cool, mysterious demeanor. Especially as the information she withheld was giving way to a vulnerability by way of her sympathy; she already knew too much about him and it was quickly making her grow attached amidst her long time loneliness. She was losing her control.

She strolls backward, back into her seat, throws her toned leg back over the other and taps her bare foot against the hardwood, falling into her labyrinth of a mind. With each beat, the flames in the fireplace next to her become increasingly forceful and the items around her begin to levitate slightly from their base.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 9:59 PM, Mariah. said:

CARMELLA VAN DALE
With her jaw clenched, Carmella watches Roman's muscular back trail up the stairs, her intensity mounting its peak in response to Roman's lack of reaction to her outburst. She wanted him to be as afraid of her as everyone else was; as she herself once was. She wanted the power and control. But the man's nonchalance confused, intrigued, worried and upset her all the same, recalling her first instinct that something intoxicating-ly dark laid within his impeccable shell of a body. To that observation, his reaction also reminded her of one Elias; the ability to stand in the face of trouble and fear, and remain composed and fearless. It's what she admired—and envied—most about her lost lover. This time, however, she wasn't interested in building a connection while solving his puzzling, cool, mysterious demeanor. Especially as the information she withheld was giving way to a vulnerability by way of her sympathy; she already knew too much about him and it was quickly making her grow attached amidst her long time loneliness. She was losing her control.

She strolls backward, back into her seat, throws her toned leg back over the other and taps her bare foot against the hardwood, falling into her labyrinth of a mind. With each beat, the flames in the fireplace next to her become increasingly forceful and the items around her begin to levitate slightly from their base.

ROMAN REIGNS

Roman began making his way to the bathroom after he'd hung up the phone with Corey. He wasn't feeding Carmella's bullshit about needing a good shower and really was in a bit of a need to freshen himself up. Stripping himself of his sweaty jeans, he slips into the shower, setting the water to a moderate pressure, but running it to a near scalding temperature. Roman wasn't exactly sure what it was about hot water, but having the scorching strokes massaging across the length of his back provided a soothing, and therapeutic, sensation for him. About five minutes removed of Roman coasting beneath the shower head, letting the flowing water run through his thick, dark tresses, he began rubbing some of the water across his face, but paused when his vision became tinged with a thick red. He quickly tried to gather a bit more of the water in his palms, with his two hands cupped, in a frenzied attempt at washing his face, but had a massive shock when he saw liquid of the same color begin to pool into his hands. Taking a quick visual scan of his battle-tested body, he looks for any kind of new incisions or cuts he may have incurred recently without having known. What he found, however, was that his body was almost completely overwhelmed and smudged with the same deep, red liquid. There was no mistaking what it was that was coating his skin; its sharp, pungent odor and thick texture. He was positive that the overall sight was just as garish and grotesque as he could've imagined.
 
In a frenzy, and with a bit less finesse than he would've liked, he hurriedly yanks a towel from the rack to wrap around himself, jerks the curtain back to its limit, and makes a move to get the fuck out of the shower, only narrowly avoiding a full-on collision with... Carmella. There she stood --- tranquil and serene, unlike moments earlier --- staring back at him with curious eyes, coating a more devilish root. He looks down as she slowly places her tiny hands onto his wet chest, preparing to speak, thereafter noticing the blood that had washed over him was displaced by plain, clear water, running off his body and dripping onto the floor.
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Maxim said:

ROMAN REIGNS

Roman began making his way to the bathroom after he'd hung up the phone with Corey. He wasn't feeding Carmella's bullshit about needing a good shower and really was in a bit of a need to freshen himself up. Stripping himself of his sweaty jeans, he slips into the shower, setting the water to a moderate pressure, but running it to a near scalding temperature. Roman wasn't exactly sure what it was about hot water, but having the scorching strokes massaging across the length of his back provided a soothing, and therapeutic, sensation for him. About five minutes removed of Roman coasting beneath the shower head, letting the flowing water run through his thick, dark tresses, he began rubbing some of the water across his face, but paused when his vision became tinged with a thick red. He quickly tried to gather a bit more of the water in his palms, with his two hands cupped, in a frenzied attempt at washing his face, but had a massive shock when he saw liquid of the same color begin to pool into his hands. Taking a quick visual scan of his battle-tested body, he looks for any kind of new incisions or cuts he may have incurred recently without having known. What he found, however, was that his body was almost completely overwhelmed and smudged with the same deep, red liquid. There was no mistaking what it was that was coating his skin; its sharp, pungent odor and thick texture. He was positive that the overall sight was just as garish and grotesque as he could've imagined.
 
In a frenzy, and with a bit less finesse than he would've liked, he hurriedly yanks a towel from the rack to wrap around himself, jerks the curtain back to its limit, and makes a move to get the fuck out of the shower, only narrowly avoiding a full-on collision with... Carmella. There she stood --- tranquil and serene, unlike moments earlier --- staring back at him with curious eyes, coating a more devilish root. He looks down as she slowly places her tiny hands onto his wet chest, preparing to speak, thereafter noticing the blood that had washed over him was displaced by plain, clear water, running off his body and dripping onto the floor.

CARMELLA VAN DALE
"Sorry,"
Carmella murmurs as she carefully glides her hands down and away from Roman's chest. If she wanted to be in control, her methods had to change. And always quick to adapt, she made her amendment accordingly. "I didn't mean to startle you; just wanted to make sure you had towels. Also, I wanted to apologize for my drunken outburst a moment ago. I really, really shouldn't have forced a stranger to carry all my baggage. I mean," she breaks, tapping into real feelings and emotion—locked away and buried deep—to amplify and project toward her acquaintance. "To spare you all the details and melodrama, I've been through a lot of fucked up things, and was forced to deal with most of it on my own. I haven't had someone to really trust or confide in, lately. It's been... lonely."

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mariah. said:

CARMELLA VAN DALE
"Sorry,"
Carmella murmurs as she carefully glides her hands down and away from Roman's chest. If she wanted to be in control, her methods had to change. And always quick to adapt, she made her amendment accordingly. "I didn't mean to startle you; just wanted to make sure you had towels. Also, I wanted to apologize for my drunken outburst a moment ago. I really, really shouldn't have forced a stranger to carry all my baggage. I mean," she breaks, tapping into real feelings and emotion—locked away and buried deep—to amplify and project toward her acquaintance. "To spare you all the details and melodrama, I've been through a lot of fucked up things, and was forced to deal with most of it on my own. I haven't had someone to really trust or confide in, lately. Its been... lonely."

ROMAN REIGNS

Eighteen hours. Eighteen hours in the company of the young witch, and Roman was having a drastic time holding on to his resolve. Roman knew exactly what Carmella's angle. He'd long considered the possibility of Roman's refusal towards her advances eating away at her. This was Carmella trying to re-establish control in a forum she felt was her domain. Yet, the thick tension inter-weaved in the air of the confined space between them was all too palpable. He knew exactly what Carmella was capable of --- had witnessed the calamity of her doing, either by provocation or just on a whim. Her stiff and callous reputation was one that preceded her in many circles. Yet, here she was, bare and exposed at his disposal; practically imploring him to allow himself to be used at her whim, and possibly offering up the same. Roman was only vaguely aware of a potential hold the enthralling young woman could have over his conscience, steering and deviating his willpower from their intended focus. However, something about the almost-unnoticeable vulnerability in her eyes opened up a possibility that, perhaps, Carmella could be as broken as he is; as brash and insentient as he is, because she could empathize on a level beyond the superficial surface. Perhaps she was laden with as much, or possibly even more, baggage as he was and needed the right outlet to curb her aggression and constant thirst for requital.

Perhaps it was something between the two that only they could provide for the other. Yet, Roman still realized how imperative it was that his objectives not be compromised.

"Is there something vital that you aren't telling me here? Something missing that I should probably know about?", he poses towards the bewitching girl, letting the heavy-loaded question hang firm in the air --- knowing full well she knew exactly what he was angling towards.

"

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxim said:

ROMAN REIGNS

Eighteen hours. Eighteen hours in the company of the young witch, and Roman was having a drastic time holding on to his resolve. Roman knew exactly what Carmella's angle. He'd long considered the possibility of Roman's refusal towards her advances eating away at her. This was Carmella trying to re-establish control in a forum she felt was her domain. Yet, the thick tension inter-weaved in the air of the confined space between them was all too palpable. He knew exactly what Carmella was capable of --- had witnessed the calamity of her doing, either by provocation or just on a whim. Her stiff and callous reputation was one that preceded her in many circles. Yet, here she was, bare and exposed at his disposal; practically imploring him to allow himself to be used at her whim, and possibly offering up the same. Roman was only vaguely aware of a potential hold the enthralling young woman could have over his conscience, steering and deviating his willpower from their intended focus. However, something about the almost-unnoticeable vulnerability in her eyes opened up a possibility that, perhaps, Carmella could be as broken as he is; as brash and insentient as he is, because she could empathize on a level beyond the superficial surface. Perhaps she was laden with as much, or possibly even more, baggage as he was and needed the right outlet to curb her aggression and constant thirst for requital.

Perhaps it was something between the two that only they could provide for the other. Yet, Roman still realized how imperative it was that his objectives not be compromised.

"Is there something vital that you aren't telling me here? Something missing that I should probably know about?", he poses towards the bewitching girl, letting the heavy-loaded question hang firm in the air --- knowing full well she knew exactly what he was angling towards.

CARMELLA VAN DALE
"I don't know,"
Carmella teases, insincere in her confusion over what Roman was alluding to. "Is there? I wouldn't say so. I mean," she adds, looking down bashfully, her eyes crossing the towel loosely wrapped around Roman's waist, "I think I've made it pretty clear that I have nothing to hide; nothing holding me back. And like I said, I've been looking for someone to lean on and to comfort me. But I can tell you're nervous." She adjusts her negligee over her lace undergarments as she closes the space between the pair of them, and places her ear against his pec to listen to his racing heart thump against the inside of his chest. "Incredibly nervous."

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member