Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Twisted Bliss

PPVS to become dual brand events?

26 posts in this topic

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPy8hrtyPOHNdqPwASVPr

WWE’s Backlash pay-per-view event scheduled for Sunday, May 6, 2018, at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey will now feature both Raw and SmackDown LIVE Superstars. 

The event was originally scheduled to be a Raw brand event, but TicketMaster sent out an email on Monday to people who bought tickets to the event informing them that the show will combine both brands.

Here is a screenshot of the email that was sent.

27579302_157516125043753_104991237048421

The @WrestleVotes Twitter account, which has broken some stories in the past, also claims that starting with Backlash, all WWE pay-per-view events will be dual-branded. In other words, there won’t be anymore Raw or SmackDown LIVE exclusive shows. The weekly television shows won’t be affected.

People getting tired of seeing the same shit every ppv. :maryse:

The last time WWE introduced the brand split they had the separate PPVs for a while and then starting dual branding everything. They probably get tired of writing different PPVs each month and just try to jam the two together. 

Though it's just for Backlash, I hope they do it. People who are trying to act like this is a bad thing are lying to themselves, no reason they should be running fourteen pay-per-views a year.

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

Though it's just for Backlash, I hope they do it. People who are trying to act like this is a bad thing are lying to themselves, no reason they should be running fourteen pay-per-views a year.

Honestly it’s for the best and should help improve the writing across the board. They can also drop 2 events and just give us one ppv a month if they must.

1 person likes this

This is good because a lot of the current ppvs have a lot of filler feuds. However, there will be a lack of side/non title women’s feuds getting shine. Which is a shame, they’ll be slotted on the kick off show if anything.

2 people like this

27 minutes ago, Seductress said:

This is good because a lot of the current ppvs have a lot of filler feuds. However, there will be a lack of side/non title women’s feuds getting shine. Which is a shame, they’ll be slotted on the lee show if anything.

Not as long as the cruiserweights are still around.

34 minutes ago, Seductress said:

This is good because a lot of the current ppvs have a lot of filler feuds. However, there will be a lack of side/non title women’s feuds getting shine. Which is a shame, they’ll be slotted on the lee show if anything.

Already is.

1 person likes this

they always get lazy and make the brand split flop

giphy.gif

2 people like this

45 minutes ago, Gavin said:

they always get lazy and make the brand split flop

giphy.gif

This was actually the norm if you watch PPVs from 2002 and 2003, at the very beginning of the brand extension, and the shows were actually pretty decent. If anything, the filler matches will disappear and we should be left with more decent content than just three big matches and filler. 

giphy.gif

3 people like this

ugh i dont like this. I feel like this will be the beginning to the road to eventually getting rid of the brand split. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Seductress said:

If anything, those feuds might get their pay off on weekly TV, meaning more interesting and exciting shows (lol)

giphy.gif

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Mandy Rose said:

ugh i dont like this. I feel like this will be the beginning to the road to eventually getting rid of the brand split. 

Could you give me a good reason as to why this would allude to the end of the brand split? WWE has three touring rosters and 3x the contracted talent they had when they got rid of it in 2011. Maybe I'm missing something?

2hcdchz.gif

12 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

Could you give me a good reason as to why this would allude to the end of the brand split? WWE has three touring rosters and 3x the contracted talent they had when they got rid of it in 2011. Maybe I'm missing something?

2hcdchz.gif

Because there was nothing wrong with split-branded PPVs to begin with- it allowed the lower tier talent to have a small program that’ll lead up to their PPV match. 

Going back to same brand PPVs indicate they dont see the benefit of showcasing the lower tier talents on both rosters on the PPV. 

It maybe a reach, but it’s definitely a sign that WWE may not see the financial benefit of having split-branded roster

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Mandy Rose said:

Because there was nothing wrong with split-branded PPVs to begin with- it allowed the lower tier talent to have a small program that’ll lead up to their PPV match. 

Going back to same brand PPVs indicate they dont see the benefit of showcasing the lower tier talents on both rosters on the PPV. 

It maybe a reach, but it’s definitely a sign that WWE may not see the financial benefit of having split-branded roster

WWE is fully capable of putting in a side feud on the PPV card even IF its dual-branded sis :rot: It's regardless a 3-4 hr event, they just don't have the creative team to write up good feuds.

We're not even getting good side feuds on the PPV card anyways even with the ample space they have on the card rn, a co-brand PPV isn't really going to change anything :newspaper:

3 hours ago, Mandy Rose said:

I'm not seeing the correlation. Each show is alleged to have four matches on the PPV, so they would still be able to slide in a lower-tier match. But even then those matches will still see a conclusion on SmackDown if they don't get one on the PPV, the same show that barely even features lower tier wrestlers to begin with. They are trying to save money, and cutting the number of PPVs honestly benefits everyone because it will actually let them build up feuds while not having to worry about that big show that is usually two weeks after the other one they just had.

9YCSeTR.gif

5 hours ago, Mandy Rose said:

Does it even matter at this point? Asuka is going to dominate SD soon and Ronda will dominate RAW. 

Everyone is going to pushed to the side for two years of that bullshit. 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Jeigz said:

This was actually the norm if you watch PPVs from 2002 and 2003, at the very beginning of the brand extension, and the shows were actually pretty decent. If anything, the filler matches will disappear and we should be left with more decent content than just three big matches and filler. 

giphy.gif

the women's matches are the filler matches, this just means women that already don't get many ppv matches will have even less of an opportunity because the cards will be filled up by ronda, alexa, asuka, and the horses

5a6ec16cd5f29_SHEDEAD.gif.d0a877f9c98ae9

1 person likes this

This wouldn't be a good idea. WWE PPVs usually have 7-8 matches, and they currently have 9 titles. That'd basically mean no side feuds on the card, and whichever titles are left off the card would be seen as less important. Just stick with this schedule.

Good business move. For me, I have maybe 3 favorites on SD, so why am I gonna pay a lot of money for 3 people... who might not even all be booked? Tf. With both shows being on 1 PPV I’d be fine paying lots of money cause I’ll get my money’s worth getting to see more of my favs

Should've been the case since the brand split was brought back imo. Logically it should give people more reason to watch both the weeklies (bigger matches/developments) and the PPVs (more buildup, more anticipation), as well distinguish between the two because most of the lower tier PPVs seem to just feel like another Raw or SD. It's just a matter of if they'll actually execute that or just create weeks of filler. 

1 person likes this

On 2/14/2018 at 2:21 PM, Layout said:

Good business move. For me, I have maybe 3 favorites on SD, so why am I gonna pay a lot of money for 3 people... who might not even all be booked? Tf. With both shows being on 1 PPV I’d be fine paying lots of money cause I’ll get my money’s worth getting to see more of my favs

It's... $10 a month.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Daniel42 said:

It's... $10 a month.

It’s Black History Month. Do you think a POC would refer to $10 as “a lot of money” ?AQBneqV.jpg

I clearly meant PPV tickets, not the Network (which you can pretty much get for free...)

9 hours ago, Layout said:

It’s Black History Month. Do you think a POC would refer to $10 as “a lot of money” ?AQBneqV.jpg

I clearly meant PPV tickets, not the Network (which you can pretty much get for free...)

I don't know why you're bringing race into it, but alright.

Maybe you can be more specific next time you try to be clear

Image result for fake smile gif

1 person likes this