Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Josh.

Forbes Exposes Fabulous Moolah

85 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Katy said:

okay ignorance here... so this stuff about Moolah was known before the Battle Royal was announced?

Yes. The blog mentions Mad Maxine, who told her story years ago, and other women have also come forward long before now. If you have Amazon Prime and a free hour watch Lipstick and Dynamite—it’s a good documentary anyway, but it features Moolah, Mae, and their contemporaries in wrestling, and a lot of them have a lot to say about her and that was I think 2004 or 2005. 

Also, a quick google of “the original screwjob” tells a lot about her character and her relationship with the wwe. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

Would she be, though? She shouted out Moolah during her HOF induction. :skull: Bite the bullet and do someone recent, or just stop the 'trophy' gimmick in general and give whoever wins a title shot.

Icon really was the perfect option then :brandon:

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

I get what you're saying to some extent, but the bolded suggests that this is brand new information that we're just learning and people have just come out with it because they're displeased with the name of a match when, in reality, it's an open secret in the industry, and everyone just turns a blind eye because of how much free talent she brought to Vince in the 80s and how much money she made him over her career. I feel that (to some extent) you could even see some of the women's discomfort in the video package for the match (particularly Naomi), and that they have hesitations about it, but their jobs are ultimately controlled by what management tells them to do. It's a problem that the match is supposed to bolster up the women yet is built around a name that repressed and abused women for her entire professional career. 

okay I see how everything I said looks really bad now. I thought this stuff about Moolah just recently came out with the announcement of the Battle Royal. I didn't know this was already out and public knowledge. I certainly didn't know about it til now with this post. I saw some things on Twitter, but I didn't follow up with them to find out more. I haven't seen the video package for it. I'm sure WWE will back peddle about as much as I have tried to in this post. Or they'll ignore it and try to pretend it never happened. Funny how they do that for certain people, yet others are shunned entirely (ex. Chyna)

1 minute ago, Josh. said:

Icon really was the perfect option then :brandon:

Everyone in the comments demanding her and dragging Moolah. :skull: 

2 people like this

But Chyna really made the most sense to begin with. The men’s is named after the 8th wonder of the world so logically you’d think they would want the women’s named after the 9th wonder of the world. 

Then again, asking WWE to be cohesive is a headache of its own. :skull: 

3 people like this

10 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

Would she be, though? She shouted out Moolah during her HOF induction. :skull: Bite the bullet and do someone recent, or just stop the 'trophy' gimmick in general and give whoever wins a title shot.

! Exactly. WE don't owe these old hoes shit.

piKYra9.gif

1 person likes this

WWE are hypocrites. Been knew

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Katy said:

okay I see how everything I said looks really bad now. I thought this stuff about Moolah just recently came out with the announcement of the Battle Royal. I didn't know this was already out and public knowledge. I certainly didn't know about it til now with this post. I saw some things on Twitter, but I didn't follow up with them to find out more. I haven't seen the video package for it. I'm sure WWE will back peddle about as much as I have tried to in this post. Or they'll ignore it and try to pretend it never happened. Funny how they do that for certain people, yet others are shunned entirely (ex. Chyna)

And really I hope you didn’t take anything as a drag or an insult, because I didn’t mean it as one! But it is kind of a veiled secret that, in the climate of the entertainment industry, needs to be exposed more than ever and the myth needs to be ended. The more people who know and learn the truth about what has happened, the better off we all are.  :hug: 

4 people like this

9 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

And really I hope you didn’t take anything as a drag or an insult, because I didn’t mean it as one! But it is kind of a veiled secret that, in the climate of the entertainment industry, needs to be exposed more than ever and the myth needs to be ended. The more people who know and learn the truth about what has happened, the better off we all are.  :hug: 

no way!! I didn't think that at all. I put my foot in my mouth, y'all corrected me. It's a forum meant for discussion. I was wrong and dumb, that's on me. You ladies let me know what's going on and now I'm wiser for it. Back when I was big on WWE, I wanted to learn a lot about certain people/situations, but then there were other things I didn't care that much about so I just believed whatever it was WWE was telling me on their programming, such as Mae and Moolah being the pioneers of women's wrestling. They were two old women, I didn't think to question it.

5 people like this

44 minutes ago, onetooth said:

They could have done Wendi Richter, one of the biggest mainstream female stars they ever had. If they wanted someone a bit further in the past instead of more current legends like Trish/Lita/Beth.

Good choice. You talk about someone who empowered women,Wendi was as tough as they come and was part of one of WWE's most successful time periods(The Rock 'n' Wrestling era) and was arguably one of their most popular Superstars of that time period in the same vein as Hulk Hogan.

2 people like this

42 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

They won't touch her because unlike any other deceased wrestlers with messy personal lives, their personal affairs are directly tied into hers.

But I just fail to understand how that would stop them from honoring her. Is it really that big of an issue, or just yet another instance of WWE being insufferably petty? Everyone knows what Chyna has accomplished, and even the marks and straights would gag at the sight of them actually acknowledging her for once.

PS: I've been trying to figure out who's your profile picture, it's driving me crazy. Brooke? Kaitlyn?

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Angelic said:

But I just fail to understand how that would stop them from honoring her. Is it really that big of an issue, or just yet another instance of WWE being insufferably petty? Everyone knows what Chyna has accomplished, and even the marks and straights would gag at the sight of them actually acknowledging her for once.

PS: I've been trying to figure out who's your profile picture, it's driving me crazy. Brooke? Kaitlyn?

It shouldn't. But it does. :shrug:

And don't get banned. :uhh: 

3 people like this

I’m pretty sure they weren’t surprised once they  saw the backlash starting to form after the announcement. Given they knew about her past I’m not surprised they still decided to go through with it.

They don't care about this shit.. That was decades ago.. She was the greatest performer in women's wrestling history.. People need to stop crying and being wimps about everything.. Damn i hate this generation of people, such sissy's.

10 minutes ago, Messiah said:

They don't care about this shit.. That was decades ago.. She was the greatest performer in women's wrestling history.. People need to stop crying and being wimps about everything.. Damn i hate this generation of people, such sissy's.

you're such a flop troll :ahh:

anyway go sign this hens! :chyna:

https://www.change.org/p/wwe-change-the-name-of-the-fabulous-moolah-battle-royal

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Josh. said:

Wait, but Sensational Sherri would’ve also been a flawless choice or hell even Elizabeth. They really missed the boat on this. :smh2: 

This. I'd prefer Sherri since she was a wrestler and a former women's champion but anything was better than Moolah. 

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, Messiah said:

“Greatest performer” 

???? All that bitch did was a snapmare, hairpull, and chop. I swear I don’t EVER want you judging any of my faves wrestling abilities after today.

piKYra9.gif

14 people like this

12 minutes ago, Messiah said:

No she wasn't. She doesn't have a top 5 match to her name. She did not innovate in the ring in any way. She was trash in every sense of the word.

And ya family is filled with sissies. You limp dick piece of dog shit.

WWuJSd7.png

6 people like this

6 minutes ago, Captain Fox said:

No she wasn't. She doesn't have a top 5 match to her name. She did not innovate in the ring in any way. She was trash in every sense of the word.

And ya family is filled with sissies. You limp dick piece of dog shit.

WWuJSd7.png

There was a story that Vince McMahon was actually interested in pushing and developing a legit women's division in WWE during the '80s, which Moolah put the kibosh on. Then there's what she did to the Glamour Girls and the Jumping Bomb Angels costing them a WM match and what would've been the biggest payday of their careers, which lead to the dissolution of the Women's tag team titles. And then there's the fact that she forced all the women to wrestle the same way she did.

And they have the gall to say Moolah "was a trailblazer that empowered the women". Bitch, she basically set women's wrestling in the States back over a decade.

8 people like this

1 minute ago, gl83 said:

There was a story that Vince McMahon was actually interested in pushing and developing a legit women's division in WWE during the '80s, which Moolah put the kibosh on. Then there's what she did to the Glamour Girls and the Jumping Bomb Angels costing them a WM match and what would've been the biggest payday of their careers, which lead to the dissolution of the Women's tag team titles. And then there's the fact that she forced all the women to wrestle the same way she did.

And they have the gall to say Moolah "was a trailblazer that empowered the women". Bitch, she basically set women's wrestling in the States back over a decade.

Had she been allowed to continue her reign of destruction she would have killed Women's wrestling. There was nothing redeeming about her and she should be remembered as the scum that she was.

40 minutes ago, Messiah said:

You a sissy ho. Shut up.

It's a bit of a lengthy read, but this really highlights just how nasty Moolah could be. It's a young black woman Susie Mae who was taken under Moolah's wing and would go on to wrestle under the ring name of Sweet Georgia Brown. Susie claimed she was raped, drugged, scammed, beaten, etc. And it led to lots of trauma for her family.

https://www.free-times.com/archives/baby-of-sweet-georgia-brown/article_e82fe915-fb49-5d12-8848-42750f5dc785.html

Was Moolah important to women's wrestling? Yes. Was she a nasty vile piece of shit that shouldn't be glorified? Also yes.

5 people like this

This is why they need to give recognition to Wendi Richter who actually helped build the women's division in WWE up to a same-level playing field as the top superstars like Hulk Hogan and such, as well as fighting for equal pay while doing so. There'd be 0 backlash for "The Wendi Richter Women's Battle Royal" announcement. Fact.

ImgMmMb.gif

11 people like this

15 minutes ago, House of Ninja said:

It's a bit of a lengthy read, but this really highlights just how nasty Moolah could be. It's a young black woman Susie Mae who was taken under Moolah's wing and would go on to wrestle under the ring name of Sweet Georgia Brown. Susie claimed she was raped, drugged, scammed, beaten, etc. And it led to lots of trauma for her family.

https://www.free-times.com/archives/baby-of-sweet-georgia-brown/article_e82fe915-fb49-5d12-8848-42750f5dc785.html

Was Moolah important to women's wrestling? Yes. Was she a nasty vile piece of shit that shouldn't be glorified? Also yes.

She was not important to women's wrestling at all. I really think we need to stop making her into this trailblazer when she really wasn't. Moolah's antics was not about opening doors for other women, they were about putting money into her pocket.

1 person likes this