Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooksie

Women's Tag Team Championships Reportedly Planned for Introduction in Summer 2018

61 posts in this topic

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/82yfl0/more_details_on_the_wwe_cruiserweight_tag_belts/

Reddit user /u/dvizzle a.k.a BeltFanDan is an insider who has previously used the platform to give intel on the debut of the WWE Women's Championship at WrestleMania 32 and respective belts that were introduced in the summer of that year, ranging from the Universal, SmackDown and Cruiserweight Championships.

In the above submission to /r/squaredcircle two weeks ago (quoted below), Dan provides supposed concept art for the previously rumored Cruiserweight Tag Team Championships, as well as giving insight about the already announced NXT North American Championship, in addition to WWE aiming for the summer to introduce women's tag team championships to the main roster.

I posted the picture yesterday and for some reason it was hidden from the page so it barely got any views despite everyone running with it on Twitter/IG/FB/Newz Sites.

So the source who leaked the CW Tag art, provided me this pic as well. This is the belt broken up into 3 stacked layers. The grid in the 2nd layer will be cut out so you can see the globe on layer one once assembled.

I have edited out the plate sizes which were provided, in order to delay the inevitable Pakistani bootlegs that will flood eBay/Social Media.

As I reported here in August, NXT is introducing a mid-card title. When it was pitched in the creative meeting it was supposed to be themed after Dusty being TV champion. Vince hates the idea of a Television title, so it was changed to "North American".

The NXT North American Championship is already finished and in WWE's hands. The belt apparently has a "classical" look. I am trying to get more details.

Also, the long rumored WWE Women's Tag Team Championships are in the works for a debut around SummerSlam.

If this report is to be believed and things come to fruition around this same timeline, who do you expect to see competing for the honor of being crowned the inaugural WWE Women's Tag Team Champions?

2 people like this

Who else but the Bellas? Duo are the obvious choice, but Naomi/Sasha, Sonya/Mandy, Alexa/Carmella would be cute too.

Give the Bellas the CHAMPIONSHIP they deserve. Easily the most natural and iconic tag team we've ever had, we love sisters :cry: 

6 people like this

8 minutes ago, Stratusphere said:

About damn time.

Imma need a tournament.

I assume this is what they'll do and possibly why they randomly put Alexa and Mickie back together. Those two, Absolution, Riott Squad, Iconic Duo and The Bellas all seem like easy entries. Some combination of Becky/Charlotte/Naomi as well if they're still on the same brands after the shakeup.

2 people like this

This better fucking pit Leilani Kai's name in the Hall of Fame, the fuck. Even if it's as The Glamour Girls

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Matto said:

This better fucking pit Leilani Kai's name in the Hall of Fame, the fuck. Even if it's as The Glamour Girls

The ultimate anti-Moolah gag. :skull: 

1 person likes this

I'm here for them finally bringing back the women's tag titles. It's about time, so hopefully this rumor is true.

Ugh, they should've done this while Eva was around. We could've gotten Red & Gold 2.0 as tag champs.

rs_500x282-160321121728-500-Total-Divas-

2 people like this

The legendary 11 time women's champion duo, Team Bestie are coming for the GIRLS.

33xvtx4.jpg

3 people like this

Bring back Team BAD, and them become longest reigning champs. We love a female New Day. :clap: 

5 people like this

2 minutes ago, Dante. said:

Bring back Team BAD, and them become longest reigning champs. We love a female New Day. :clap: 

I think Lit and Legit can wait until 2019. Shouldn't Sasha be getting her singles reign first? :skull: 

2 people like this

I really don't want this but the tournament should be cute. Iconic Duo deserve.

The better question is what were the last memorable women's tag matches since the revolution started?

52 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

I assume this is what they'll do and possibly why they randomly put Alexa and Mickie back together. Those two, Absolution, Riott Squad, Iconic Duo and The Bellas all seem like easy entries. Some combination of Becky/Charlotte/Naomi as well if they're still on the same brands after the shakeup.

Most likely which one of them isn't the champ at the time.

I’m here for more women’s championships but I’m not so sure how I feel about these thinking long term. I’m here for my faves winning at their ppv though.

tenor.gif?itemid=5309600

3 people like this

The possibility. They would need for more women for both the tag title picture and the brand Women's Championship.

Sasha/Bayley (at some point)
The Bella Twins
The Iconic Duo
Charlotte/Becky
Ronda/Shayna
Alexa/Mickie (Nia)
Ember/Naomi

2 people like this

27 minutes ago, trishallday said:

The better question is what were the last memorable women's tag matches since the revolution started?

Bella and BAD had great matches in their time.

Naomi and Sasha are gonna shit in any match anyway. Same with the Bellas. And I can see them sticking Ember and Asuka together at some point if they give a damn about countinuity at all.

I want them to put Dana with somebody. This is her closest chance to snatch a title.

2 people like this

Ok but to which brand these titles are going to be exclusive to? It seems like they are getting rid of the brand split soon :skull: 

I’m just trying not to contextualize this by thinking about the Kockouts Tag Titles, and it just isn’t working mentally, idk why. They definitely have some good teams right now, but I feel like this just will clump girls together who don’t necessarily need to be a team/don’t jive as a team to give them something so since they’re not in the title feud. It was cute for the MMC, and the charity aspect helped in the random pairings, but I’m not too sold on the idea as of right now. :skull: 

3 people like this

The twins need to be the first champions :shook:  it's made for them

if the wwe does it right though, it can def add to the women's careers. If they're say, over used in the singles title picture (say Alexa), they can go for the tag titles to freshen up a bit. Plus, they now have two goals to go after and it would give the other ladies something to do. (of course, that's if the WWE does it right.)

3 people like this

...It's an accolade for bragging rights but I don't see them doing it the right way. I see it following the usual story with them building tension until they lose the titles and break up then feud for a month. 

Honestly they wouldn't do this if the Twins weren't coming back!! Iconic queens having titles specifically made for them.

2 people like this

If they do go through with this (which I'm for,) I just hope they create/bring up actual female tag teams and don't just pair up girls on the main roster. I want real tag teams dammit, complete with matching gear and all.

The first champions should be the Iconic Duo! They are ready and they have been waiting for so long for a title run. This is the perfect title for them and they have even repeatedly said that they want women's tag titles. Ya'll really won't let Nikki's robot neck catch a break, huh?

giphy.gif