Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Fox

WWE's First Homosexual Wishes He Was With Finn at WM34

32 posts in this topic

Former WWE Superstar Darren Young recently spoke with the folks at Uproxx about Finn Balor's entrance at WrestleMania 34 and wishing that WWE invited him to be a part of it, as he was WWE's first-ever openly gay Superstar. Featured below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On Finn Balor including the LGBT community in his WrestleMania 34 entrance and wishing WWE had done something similar the year before following the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando, Florida: "Finn Bálor is one of my favorite guys. Him, Sonya Deville — I remember watching her in NXT. I've seen her at the Performance Center. She showed me so much love. Finn showed me so much love. So to see those guys represent the LGBT community meant the world to me. But I'll be honest with you, man. When I got released, I was okay with it, but when I'm seeing them do that [LGBT] representation, I was devastated, because I wasn't invited. I would've loved to have been invited just to see that we're making moves, but I wasn't invited to something that I begged and pleaded to embrace. WrestleMania, it was in Orlando [last year] and I had asked were we doing anything of the LGBT community? Were we doing anything for Pulse? And nothing."

On wishing WWE had invited him to take part in the celebration: "It is what it is, but I cried like a baby, man. The next day, Monday, after watching it back, I cried like a baby. When I got released, it's okay. It is what it is, but when I've seen that [entrance] and I wasn't [even] invited just to sit in the crowd and see the moves that we're making, it broke my heart. They know that. They know that, but hey, it is what it is. Life goes on. Finn's a great guy. But to not be invited to such a amazing celebration amongst the LGBT community, it just broke my heart. Even to just be on the stage with everyone — like rah, rah, rah. I don't care. I just want to be able to experience it. It means the world to me [to be included in that representation]."

I honestly didn't know that Darren Young was our gay wrestling overlord, especially when he is always injured before WWE can do anything with him.

koQF0JY.gif

1 person likes this

He was never a big player but he got a decent amount of attention & support when he first came out, so I'd probably be a little pressed too. Obviously he didn't know about the entrance beforehand to actively try and be a part of it, but I would have been @'ing Finn and WWE like the aggy bottom that I am as soon as the Balor Club equality shirt was announced if I really wanted some type of clout.

1 person likes this

it is kind of strange that they chose a straight (as far as we know) man to have that shirt and do that entrance, but i appreciated it nonetheless. i do feel kind of bad for him because he was brave enough to come out during his time with wwe and they didn't really acknowledge it on tv. tbh tho wwe only does things when they think it will make money or get good press. they've been having wrestlers, commentators, etc. make offensive jokes for decades and having straight men portray gay stereotypes just because they think it is funny, not to mention that they still employ homophobic wrestlers. in fact, sometimes they still have wrestlers insinuate offensive things during their promos, so i wouldn't take it personally. he just wasn't the right person at the right time that would be beneficial to the company. not to say i'm not glad they let finn have that shirt and do that entrance, but i don't think their intentions are as pure as it seems.

7 people like this

I don't think the McMahon's even remember him

1 person likes this

"Him, Sonya Deville — I remember watching her in NXT. I've seen her at the Performance Center. She showed me so much love. Finn showed me so much love. So to see those guys represent the LGBT community meant the world to me. But I'll be honest with you, man. When I got released, I was okay with it, but when I'm seeing them do that [LGBT] representation"

Hmmm did he just expose Finn :rot:

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Amlex said:

"Him, Sonya Deville — I remember watching her in NXT. I've seen her at the Performance Center. She showed me so much love. Finn showed me so much love. So to see those guys represent the LGBT community meant the world to me. But I'll be honest with you, man. When I got released, I was okay with it, but when I'm seeing them do that [LGBT] representation"

Hmmm did he just expose Finn :rot:

no

a3snlE5.gif

2 people like this

Rosa was the first openly bi sexual Diva and she didn’t get anything either so he should just take it for what it is. However, I do remember Darren getting quite a bit of attention after he came out (Ellen, GMA, Today show) so it’s not like he was completely ignored. 

koQF0JY.gif

5 people like this

8 hours ago, Captain Fox said:

WrestleMania, it was in Orlando [last year] and I had asked were we doing anything of the LGBT community? Were we doing anything for Pulse? And nothing."

Slikovni rezultat za oh wow gif the exposé :laycry: 

1 person likes this

Him saying he cried like a baby because he didn’t get a special invite to watch Finn’s entrance is making me scream. He was literally a jobber/lower mid-carder for the entirety of his career. 

They really didn’t even think about you, sis 

koQF0JY.gif

4 people like this

8 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

I mean he really wasn’t that important or memorable most fans would assume he was just a random fan for the occasion. The dramatics though he could have just purchased a ticket.

giphy.gif

This. He was never any good. I feel like the only reason he stuck around for as long as he did was because he was gay, and because he got that little bit of media attention.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

I mean he really wasn’t that important or memorable most fans would assume he was just a random fan for the occasion. The dramatics though he could have just purchased a ticket.

giphy.gif

Not this becoming my most liked post here.

50 minutes ago, Bruno. said:

Slikovni rezultat za oh wow gif the exposé :laycry: 

Queen Naomi got the honer of doing it and her win and celebration was dedicated to pulse.

1 person likes this

The LGBT community truly never sticks together and this is a huge example of that. Him trying to put something together to honor the lives lost was a good thing, sad that they ignored him and would rather wait until it benefits them to show an ounce of love towards gay people. I understand where he is coming from because he was the first to be brave enough and attempt to create an avenue for other geigh wrestlers to come in, it wasn't beneficial for them to use that then which is a tragic excuse for them. 

koQF0JY.gif

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, Aryan Princess said:

The LGBT community truly never sticks together and this is a huge example of that. Him trying to put something together to honor the lives lost was a good thing, sad that they ignored him and would rather wait until it benefits them to show an ounce of love towards gay people. I understand where he is coming from because he was the first to be brave enough and attempt to create an avenue for other geigh wrestlers to come in, it wasn't beneficial for them to use that then which is a tragic excuse for them. 

koQF0JY.gif

Sis, he was hurt around WM time and was trying to get on the show. Plus on top of that he dragged WWE the time they didn't show his ugly ass man even though they didn't show any partner of a wrestler unless they both were wrestlers, so the clown came back

koQF0JY.gif

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, Captain Fox said:

Sis, he was hurt around WM time and was trying to get on the show. Plus on top of that he dragged WWE the time they didn't show his ugly ass man even though they didn't show any partner of a wrestler unless they both were wrestlers, so the clown came back

koQF0JY.gif

Shut up! :ahh:

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Captain Fox said:

koQF0JY.gif

He also dragged that camera man for no reason even after he apologized.  Wwe have plenty of reasons to pay him dust so people need to stop pretending he was some saint.

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Captain Fox said:

koQF0JY.gif

They could have done something that did not involve him that year. The fact that they paid it dust despite him at least bringing it to their attention is enough for him to feel a way about it tbh. They used him after that camera man situation so they could have thrown a speech or even a wwe youtube feature behind him for Pulse. 

koQF0JY.gif

The wrestling homosexuals before him didn't get anything either. He was just allowed to come out about it! He should just eat his food and buy the GLAAD shirt, support from home, tehe!

tumblr_nvgojqk9wR1tbno7go3_400.gif

4 people like this

He really thought he was THAT important! :ahh: 

I feel for him, especially if he really fought for inclusion like he said. Visibility is so important for LGBT community, and while I love Sonya, what they’re doing with Finn is turning our culture into a character. This “gimmick” should’ve been given to an openly gay superstar, instead of someone who’s pandering...

3 hours ago, Crow. said:

I feel for him, especially if he really fought for inclusion like he said. Visibility is so important for LGBT community, and while I love Sonya, what they’re doing with Finn is turning our culture into a character. This “gimmick” should’ve been given to an openly gay superstar, instead of someone who’s pandering...

It’s not pandering though sis. Sonya was also able to proudly wear a rainbow inspired get up at the biggest stage of them all visibility is there. 

40 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

It’s not pandering though sis. Sonya was also able to proudly wear a rainbow inspired get up at the biggest stage of them all visibility is there. 

But the difference is that Sonya is a proud member of the LGBT community. And unless Finn (who I love btw) comes out, then I’ll stand by the fact that this role should be taken by someone else. 

2 minutes ago, Crow. said:

But the difference is that Sonya is a proud member of the LGBT community. And unless Finn (who I love btw) comes out, then I’ll stand by the fact that this role should be taken by someone else. 

I feel like we see things different with the Finn situation and I’ll leave it at that.

GBsahAv.gif

2 people like this