Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shumiley

Brooklyn Nine Nine

31 posts in this topic

tumblr_o65mh0PuQT1s3dykto7_250.gif        281fa5bd85c3a053535466330e63e951.png        tumblr_o65mh0PuQT1s3dykto4_250.gif
[c]

Set in the fictional 99th Precinct of the New York City Police Department in Brooklyn, Brooklyn Nine-Nine follows a team of detectives headed by newly appointed Captain Raymond Holt (Andre Braugher). Among the detectives is Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg), who frequently tops the squad in collars despite his relaxed, carefree attitude, much to the annoyance of his more by-the-book colleague, Amy Santiago (Melissa Fumero). Charles Boyle (Joe Lo Truglio) is a reliable but quirky detective whose emotions can sometimes go wild, as opposed to the stoic and mysterious Rosa Diaz (Stephanie Beatriz). The final two detectives, Michael Hitchcock (Dirk Blocker) and Norm Scully (Joel McKinnon Miller), are older and often incompetent, although not without their usefulness. The detectives report to Sergeant Terry Jeffords (Terry Crews), a devoted family man who is initially afraid to go back to active police work for fear that he might die in the line of duty and thus leave his children without a father. Rounding out the precinct is sarcastic civilian administrator Gina Linetti (Chelsea Peretti), who seems to value everything like dancing and her social life over work, and does anything to avoid her job.

Network: Fox (2013 - 2018) NBC (2018 -)
Genre: Comedy
Cast:

latest?cb=20150701073532                    latest?cb=20150701073714                    latest?cb=20150701073731                                   

Andy Samberg as Jake Peralta                             Andre Braugher as Captain Raymond Holt                             Melissa Fumero as Amy Santiago                                     

latest?cb=20150701073831                       latest?cb=20150701073817                    latest?cb=20150701073759             
         Stephanie Beatriz as Rosa Diaz                                            Joe Lo Truglio as Charles Boyle                                      Terry Crews as Terry Jeffords                            

latest?cb=20150701073854                     latest?cb=20150701073922                    latest?cb=20150701073908         

Chelsea Peretti as Gina Linetti                                     Dirk Blocker as Michael Hitchcock                               Joel McKinnon Miller as Norm Scully          

Discuss all things about the Golden Globe winning and Emmy nominated sitcom here!

tumblr_p5dn2rB1CP1r4q876o7_250.giftumblr_p5dn2rB1CP1r4q876o4_250.giftumblr_p5dn2rB1CP1r4q876o9_250.giftumblr_p5dn2rB1CP1r4q876o1_250.giftumblr_p5dn2rB1CP1r4q876o2_250.gif
[c]

can't wait to talk to myself in here!

My favorite show! I'm so ready for the wedding tomorrow!!

I haven’t watched this show since season 1 came out. Maybe I’ll stream it on Hulu and try and get into it again.

17 minutes ago, Kat said:

My favorite show! I'm so ready for the wedding tomorrow!!

it's so weird watching the first season and how much amy *despised* jake. i remember thinking how they'd end up together and i'd roll my eyes once it happened but they've made it work so well they're legit my fave ship on tv right now

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

I haven’t watched this show since season 1 came out. Maybe I’ll stream it on Hulu and try and get into it again.

get IN to it! it's the best sitcom out!

1 minute ago, shumiley said:

get IN to it! it's the best sitcom out!

I’m rewatching Friends right now but I’ll need a show after I’m done. It’s  between Brooklyn nine nine or Superstore right now.

4 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

I’m rewatching Friends right now but I’ll need a show after I’m done. It’s  between Brooklyn nine nine or Superstore right now.

go for 99. give it a few episodes and you'll be hooked!

who's your fave character?

mine's charles. i think he's a cute and adorable loser that always has the underrated lines. close second is amy

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

It’s on Netflix, if you have that. 

18 minutes ago, shumiley said:

it's so weird watching the first season and how much amy *despised* jake. i remember thinking how they'd end up together and i'd roll my eyes once it happened but they've made it work so well they're legit my fave ship on tv right now

Completely agree! I remember at first thinking they would just be another typical sitcom couple but wow they completely blew me away with how well they work together. They’re so sweet and genuinely adorable. Definitely in my top 2 TV couples along with Jamie & Claire from Outlander. 

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, shumiley said:

who's your fave character?

mine's charles. i think he's a cute and adorable loser that always has the underrated lines. close second is amy

Gina is my favourite and second would be Holt. 

25 minutes ago, shumiley said:

go for 99. give it a few episodes and you'll be hooked!

I’ll restart it next week and give y’all an update. 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Kat said:

Gina is my favourite and second would be Holt. 

i love them both so much. gina is such a gem, i was surprised how well it worked without her in early s5, but she was definitely missed

tumblr_ovb0dmwiRm1w19tn3o5_250.gif  tenor.gif tenor.gif tumblr_inline_ob91bttMIV1r62w7l_500.gif

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, shumiley said:

i love them both so much. gina is such a gem, i was surprised how well it worked without her in early s5, but she was definitely missed

tumblr_ovb0dmwiRm1w19tn3o5_250.gif  tenor.gif tenor.gif tumblr_inline_ob91bttMIV1r62w7l_500.gif

Completely agree!! 

1 person likes this

I actually just started watching this on Hulu like a month ago and it's definitely my type of show. I'm in the middle of season 4 right now and Gina is my fave. :clap:

23 hours ago, Ari M. said:

I actually just started watching this on Hulu like a month ago and it's definitely my type of show. I'm in the middle of season 4 right now and Gina is my fave. :clap:

yaaaas. gina is such a legend. even though she's literally chelsea peretti she's still such a gem

1 person likes this

Spoiler

within the past week B99 has gotten criticism for being "cop propaganda" so decided to use police siren lights as fairy lights to make the wedding look cute

tumblr_p9223d3mpx1vni9bdo5_540.gif

a hot mess.

Brooklyn Nine Nine received two Primetime Emmy Award nominations this year:

1. Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series - Sterling K. Brown, as Philip Davidson
  2. Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Comedy Series Or A Variety Programme

This is Brooklyn Nine Nine's fifth time being nominated for the latter award, having won it back-to-back in 2014 and 2015 (the only two Emmys the show has won).

Sterling K. Brown is the first guest actor of the show to be nominated for their guest appearance for an Emmy.

SDCC Updates:

Hitchock and Sully will get an episode. Co-Creator Dan Goor said “there’s a fun Hitchcock and Scully episode coming up. You might see them in their past at some point.”

After being asked about former guest stars Gina Rodriguez and Craig Robinson, Goor said he'd love to bring them back, depending on their schedules.

On the topic of representation and its limitations regarding being on FOX: "All I know is there are different factions of Fox," Andy Samberg (Jake) said of being on such an inclusive show at a corporation that also housed Fox News. "Fox, the people we dealt with there, I truly believe really loved and supported the show. I don't know what they would say publicly about the Fox News wing of Fox."

Stephanie Beatriz (Rosa) on bisexual representation: "Dan is a person who believes in equality and inclusivity, and that shows in his writers' room. … He wanted a bisexual person's voice to be heard in that storyline, and it just so happened that the person who's playing the character they wanted to turn bi is also bi. It was a gift, and I think we did it in an amazing way." She also noted that the show takes place in an idealized world where "everyone's a feminist, everyone's into equality, everyone loves their LGBTQIA family members, cops are good in this world."

When a fan asked about Brooklyn's representation of different mental health issues, Samberg said that the writers want to make sure they treat the storylines with respect. "Anytime we tackle something that is tricky like that … it has to be the right story so we are walking the line correctly and it doesn't come across as us making a joke about it and giving it proper respect," he said. "That's why episodes like Rosa deciding to come out or the episode 'Moo Moo' where Terry is racially profiled in his own neighborhood, those episodes take a lot longer because if you fuck it up it's bad."

Season six of Brooklyn Nine Nine will prepare mid-season (January 2019) with a 13 episode run.

Source

we're back tonight on NBC! make sure to tune in gays x

tumblr_o65mh0PuQT1s3dykto4_250.gif

1 person likes this

@shumiley did you watch the latest episode?

1 person likes this

On 03/02/2019 at 10:52 AM, Kat said:

@shumiley did you watch the latest episode?

not yet! haven't seen any of the new eps dkfjgldfgdf how's it been?

2 people like this

3 hours ago, shumiley said:

not yet! haven't seen any of the new eps dkfjgldfgdf how's it been?

Really good!! I’m loving the season so far!