Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mariah.

(Potential Spoilers) Polarizing Valet Returning at MITB?

52 posts in this topic

Spoiler

He was a lightning rod for debate at last year’s Money in the Bank show, and according to PWInsider, he could be back in WWE just in time to stir things up at this year’s version of the event.

Yep, that site is reporting that James Ellsworth has been the subject of several pitches thrown around by WWE’s creative teams recently and that The Chinless One is scheduled to be in Chicago this weekend, just as Money in the Bank is set to go down in Rosemont, Illinois’ Allstate Arena on Sun., June 17.

As you’ll no doubt recall, Ellsworth got involved in the first ever women’s Money in the Bank ladder match in 2017, inspiring debate over whether WWE having him retrieve the briefcase for Carmella was good heel heat or robbed women’s wrestling of an iconic moment. He was released by the company last November, after that storyline played out in his being defeated by Becky Lynch and disowned by Carmella.

Since then, a rise to prominence which started when WWE used him as fodder for Braun Strowman’s initial push gave Ellsworth some high-profile opportunities on the independent circuit, such as a NWA Championship match. He also continued his intergender wrestling gimmick, even creating an Andy Kaufman-esque title for himself.

All along, Ellsworth has said he thought there was more he could do on wrestling’s biggest stage. Now, if Insider’s report is correct, he may be getting a chance. And just as Carmella is set to defend her SmackDown Women’s Title against Asuka, too...

Source

can this not happen if it’s to have him be with Carmella? :/ She’s doing just fine by herself and is finally feeling like she’s that bitch on SD. 

1 person likes this

tenor.gif?itemid=8177056

2 people like this

1 minute ago, prince. said:

can this not happen if it’s to have him be with Carmella? :/ She’s doing just fine by herself and is finally feeling like she’s that bitch on SD. 

4 people like this

I never thought he was funny. Please stay away.

2 people like this

Paul Heyman and Bork Lazer are shaking :shook: 

3 people like this

I'm split on this. On one hand, I like her on her own and he's an attention stealer, but on the the hand he was consistent HEAT. And in this creative landscape of recycled matches and uninspired booking, it's a good safety net for her and shows they're COMMITTED to her success. She'll probably ditch him again when the reign is over, so :shrug: 

3 people like this

Not a fan of his but he did help her garner a reaction that didn't require a five minute promo and honestly, he should have stayed with her the whole time.

HOWEVER, I honestly think Asuka should win the belt at MITB but I guess it's not happening until Summerslam.

Ugh, the lenghts my brilliant fave will go just to retain her championship. Can't wait for Ellsworth to help her win every single title match and become the longest reigning SD Women's champion.

1Rn9rlM.gif

1 person likes this

I'll admit he actually had me saying "....DUH!" at some point. 

tumblr_ns0qj3BY5T1tszqifo1_400.gif

1 minute ago, blond. said:

Not a fan of his but he did help her garner a reaction that didn't require a five minute promo and honestly, he should have stayed with her the whole time.

HOWEVER, I honestly think Asuka should win the belt at MITB but I guess it's not happening until Summerslam.

Ew why? Unless it's gonna put her in a storyline to lose it to Mandy and/or Sonya. We just got off of a boring tyrannical babyface reign. :uhh: 

1 person likes this

Ugh, the fact Ellsworth was all her idea to begin with. Her mind, charitable queen of securing jobs (and title reigns) :shook: 

5 people like this

1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

I'm split on this. On one hand, I like her on her own and he's an attention stealer, but on the the hand he was consistent HEAT. And in this creative landscape of recycled matches and uninspired booking, it's a good safety net for her and shows they're COMMITTED to her success. She'll probably ditch him again when the reign is over, so :shrug: 

Sign him to a year deal then

NFKUULz.gif

But yes, I think in the current landscape it helps her stand out. The two juxtaposed against one another is an immediate reaction from the fans (something she's been struggling to get when she's walking to the ring) and will set her apart from other mean girl acts like IIconics and // Maaaaandy //. Their need for her success as a top heel getting a whole 'nother bitch on payroll, ugh Carmother :shook:  The Mother Teresa of WWE!

3 people like this

10 minutes ago, prince. said:

can this not happen if it’s to have him be with Carmella? :/ She’s doing just fine by herself and is finally feeling like she’s that bitch on SD

:uhh:

9 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

She really has been though. She doesn’t need him :newspaper: 

UGH omg Honda snapping Ellsworth's twig arm would be :ahh: Carmella trolling and running the entire match, keep him for two years so they can go to Raw after :crying:  

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

Sign him to a year deal then

NFKUULz.gif

But yes, I think in the current landscape it helps her stand out. The two juxtaposed against one another is an immediate reaction from the fans (something she's been struggling to get when she's walking to the ring) and will set her apart from other mean girl acts like IIconics and // Maaaaandy //. Their need for her success as a top heel getting a whole 'nother bitch on payroll, ugh Carmother :shook:  The Mother Teresa of WWE!

gdlkfjglkdfljgk I'm SAYING. Her MIST :rot: 

Keep his sweaty puss away from the ladder match thx

I mean, it makes sense. He gets instant heat that she seemingly can’t generate very easily, and he also doesn’t mind getting whooped by Asuka in the meantime while Carmella tries to learn to sell a kick convincingly. 

1Rn9rlM.gif

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Ugh, the fact Ellsworth was all her idea to begin with. Her mind, charitable queen of securing jobs (and title reigns) :shook: 

This :shook: I'm also screaming at the fact that she probably pitched this idea too to get consistent heat and more reactions, she is such a genius :shook:

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, trishallday said:

:uhh:

What are you uhh’ing at? lmaoo Her promos since winning the title have felt like a breath of fresh air considering the heel champions we’ve had in recent memory. She’s slowly but surely asserting her place at the top and I don’t think she needs a side piece to do that. 

Her lack of crowd reaction is mainly due to how inconsistently she was booked when she was holding the briefcase. So yah! I said what I said!  I prefer her at the top ALONE. 

3 people like this

12 minutes ago, Angelic said:

Ew why? Unless it's gonna put her in a storyline to lose it to Mandy and/or Sonya. We just got off of a boring tyrannical babyface reign. :uhh: 

Don't act like we all don't already know Asuka is going to be the one to take the belt off of Carmella eventually. :michael: Whether it happens this Sunday or they stretch it out until next month, it's happening. Not to mention, they'll probably try to do a Charlotte/Asuka rematch for Summerslam and/or Hell in a Cell.

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, Angelic said:

I think an Asuka reign would be good because she's a better babyface than Charlotte.

Edited by communist

Hmmm, I'm torn. I'm down for a one-off like that random Khali appearance to help Jinder retain last year and for things to come full circle with Carmella now being defending champ at MITB, but I want her to keep evolving and was hoping they'd have her find a new way to come out on top. :smh2:

2 people like this