Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric

Should The Women Be Featured...?

14 posts in this topic

WWE-Main-Event-300x168.jpg?resize=620%2Cwwe-superstars-logo-2016.jpg 

I'm just to going to cut straight to the point at one point in time, the women were featured weekly or Bi-weekly on Main event and the now-retired show Superstars given the changes within the two divisions majority of the women are featured on their respective shows if not competing in tag matches or a segment. 

With that being said do you miss watching the women wrestle on the side shows? Or do you think we've come to the point where we there isn't a need to see them on Main event because they're featured on their shows weekly? Share your thoughts :)

In the past on superstars and Mainevent brought us some excellent matches such as Nikki Bella vs Paige, AJ Lee vs Natalya, AJ vs Naomi, Natalya vs Alicia Fox, Gail Kim vs Melina  Team Bad vs PCB etc.

those matches almost never led anywhere unless it included a main girl so it felt pointless a lot of the time even tho it gave our girlies match time. The nostalgia tho. :brandon:

Even back in the 80s and 90s, WWE Superstars was used for secondary talent that weren't heavily featured as a spotlight superstar on the main shows so 9 times out of 10 it's just filler matches just so the fans aren't completely unfamiliar with them when used on the main shows. It's good for exposure and especially with WWE's now-hefty roster full of women so they should invest in using the girls more on minor shows.

yzU5dau.gif

4 people like this

Who the fuck watches Main-Event?.. Just feature them on RAW or Smackdown.. People actually watch those shows.

I haven’t watched main event since team Bella was around so no. If wwe reworked it where they got to show out for 20-30 minutes sure but right now it’s pointless.

No and Superstars doesn't even exist anymore.

throwback when we had bomb main roster matches on main event because they couldn't get TV time. These girlies can't top AJ vs Nattie and Paige vs Nikki :newspaper:

gjubG7S.gif

1 person likes this

yes honestly my fave matches usually happened on the sideshows and that's the only way my irrelevant faves got any tv time :pinfall: 

3 people like this

For the lower-card girls like Dana Brooke, Alicia Fox, etc. it would be a good opportunity for them to get some screen time and a chance to wrestle. For the girls that actually get exposure and time to wrestle on TV, they don't need it. They already get enough airtime on RAW or SmackDown.

3 people like this

Basically, WWE Main Event episodes tend to feature a match including either the likes of Curt Hawkins, Heath Slater, Rhyno, the Revival and Apollo Crews as well as a cruiserweight match.

No match never managed to top Rosa vs Naomi so Vince said forget it.

yzU5dau.gif

1 person likes this

I wish they'd bring back Superstars and put the women on Main Event again. So girls like Dana, Foxy, the IIconics, Mandy, Naomi, Natalya, Sonya, Liv, Sarah, etc. Could get more tv time. They could also bring up girls like Bianca, Lacey, Dakota, etc. For one off matches so the crowd can get to know them before their call up.

1 person likes this

it was always low key disrespectful to me when the divas champion was put on main event - but they did show out so it was a bit of a bonus. my top 10 features at least 2 or 3 matches from these shows

Honestly, I think we still need it but right now they only have Main Event for RAW. I think what they need to do is alternate the show and have RAW host one week and SD the next and the girls can be featured every so often.

1 person likes this