Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

Colt Cabana Suing CM Punk

30 posts in this topic

I figured this would happen.

After fighting together on the same side and winning a defamation lawsuit two months ago, Colt Cabana and CM Punk are now on opposite sides of a legal battle.

Cabana, whose real name is Scott Colton, is suing UFC fighter CM Punk, whose real name is Phillip Jack Brooks, for breach of contract and fraud in Cook County Circuit Court.

Cabana and Punk have close friends since their days in Chicago’s independent pro wrestling circuit.

Cabana’s lawsuit contends Punk promised to help him out with the legal bills they amassed fighting the defamation lawsuit. Cabana claims Punk told him in a text that he would be “100% covered.”

Punk has failed to keep that promise, leaving him with unpaid legal bills totaling $513,736, according to the lawsuit.

Punk asked Cabana to pay half of the legal fees, which comes out to $256,868, saying “You are on your own.”

Cabana is asking for $200,000 in general damages, along with $1 million in punitive and exemplary damages, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims “Brooks acted with fraud, malice and oppression toward Colton, with the deliberate intention of causing Colton harm.”

Cabana is the host of “The Art of Wrestling,” a podcast where he discuss issues surrounding wrestling, along having fellow pro wrestlers on the show as guests.

Punk, a former wrestler, was Cabana’s guest on an episode, where he addressed the litany of issues he had during his time with the WWE, most notably his issue with his medical treatment.

The former world champion addressed a misdiagnosis of a staph infection and wrestling in the immediate aftermath of a concussion.

Those accusations prompted Dr. Chris Amann, WWE’s ringside physician, to sue Punk and Cabana in January 2015. In the “Demand letter,” Amann’s attorney drafted a “cease and desist” order telling Colton to remove the podcast from any and all websites.

Two months ago, Cabana and Punk won the defamation lawsuit filed by Amann.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/colt-cabana-cm-punk-contract-legal-fees-lawsuit/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Punk asked Cabana to pay half of the legal fees, which comes out to $256,868, saying “You are on your own.

My sister said this to me once after paying one of her overdue traffic tickets. Her ass having the nerve to tell me days before it was due and when she was far away at college. Now that bitch is WALKING every time she comes down here. Pay up, Punk.

uAcR602.gif

11 people like this

A snake is a snake is a SNAKE! 

uAcR602.gif

guess they aint friends no more 

Image result for sarcastic gif

7 people like this

AJ’s about to return at Evolution because her broke ass husband won’t be able to provide :cry: YAAAAS

10 people like this

If he really did say that he would cover it and then didn't he's garbage, especially since them getting sued in the first place was pretty much entirely his fault :michael:

2 people like this

I remember when everyone was #TeamAmann and Punk was an unprofessional baby until the case proved Amann was corrupt and he lost with ease. I'll reserve judgment until this goes to trial.

uAcR602.gif

The only thing that really sticks out to me is the fact that he's doing all of this over unpaid legal fees, but then he's gonna have even more legal fees after this, especially if he loses. Make it make sense. Y'all are too trigger happy with lawsuits over there because I know here that unless something was drafted in writing and signed, there is no case.

uAcR602.gif

5 people like this

9 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

I remember when everyone was #TeamAmann and Punk was an unprofessional baby until the case proved Amann was corrupt and he lost with ease. I'll reserve judgment until this goes to trial.

uAcR602.gif

The only thing that really sticks out to me is the fact that he's doing all of this over unpaid legal fees, but then he's gonna have even more legal fees after this, especially if he loses. Make it make sense. Y'all are too trigger happy with lawsuits over there because I know here that unless something was drafted in writing and signed, there is no case.

uAcR602.gif

Punk could be order to pay the legal fees for this lawsuit along with the last if he loses. Cobana would walk away debt free. Our legal system is so evil depending on which side of it you are on.

uAcR602.gif

Just now, Captain Fox said:

Punk could be order to pay the legal fees for this lawsuit along with the last if he loses. Cobana would walk away debt free. Our legal system is so evil depending on which side of it you are on.

uAcR602.gif

But if he loses, he's further in debt. Is it really worth it? It's not like Punk forced himself on the radio show to blast WWE doctors. Colt let him on to go off for hits and kiis. No one told him to upload it or leave it unedited. The original lawsuit is just as much his fault so I'm not about to sympathize with a broke crybaby. Clock Punk in my sig if you want even though I know Punk is an asshole with an ego, but facts are facts.

In any event, turn up at Evolution AJ Lee if only to deflect from this mess!

uAcR602.gif

4 people like this

30 minutes ago, kieranr said:

AJ’s about to return at Evolution because her broke ass husband won’t be able to provide :cry: YAAAAS

I will pay for this to not happen

Xmm0SSS.gif

4 people like this

37 minutes ago, kieranr said:

This antiquated mindset. April pays her own bills!

Xmm0SSS.gif

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

But if he loses, he's further in debt. Is it really worth it?

uAcR602.gif

Considering he'll most likely never be able to pay off the original debt anyway, probably. 

I think he's hoping Punk will just try to settle out of court and he'll get at least a solid portion of it paid off. I doubt he'd go into this without at least some solid evidence on his side considering the risk of it all and if he did well then he's just dumb
uAcR602.gif

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Considering he'll most likely never be able to pay off the original debt anyway, probably. 

I think he's hoping Punk will just try to settle out of court and he'll get at least a solid portion of it paid off. I doubt he'd go into this without at least some solid evidence on his side considering the risk of it all and if he did well then he's just dumb
uAcR602.gif

that's been the recurring theme since ~January 2014 tbh

uAcR602.gif

6 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

But if he loses, he's further in debt. Is it really worth it? It's not like Punk forced himself on the radio show to blast WWE doctors. Colt let him on to go off for hits and kiis. No one told him to upload it or leave it unedited. The original lawsuit is just as much his fault so I'm not about to sympathize with a broke crybaby. Clock Punk in my sig if you want even though I know Punk is an asshole with an ego, but facts are facts.

In any event, turn up at Evolution AJ Lee if only to deflect from this mess!

uAcR602.gif

The problem isn't the podcast, the problem is Punk told Cabana to join the lawsuit and promised him that he wouldn't have to pay anything. He probably thought Amann would have to pay it, but the judge didn't see it fit.

uAcR602.gif

1 person likes this

Just now, Captain Fox said:

The problem isn't the podcast, the problem is Punk told Cabana to join the lawsuit and promised him that he wouldn't have to pay anything. He probably thought Amann would have to pay it, but the judge didn't see it fit.

uAcR602.gif

Huh? I'm confused, didn't Amann sue both of them?

uAcR602.gif

Just now, Mariah. said:

Huh? I'm confused, didn't Amann sue both of them?

uAcR602.gif

My tea was a little off, let me correct: Amann sued them both, but they both were given a chance to simply walk away. Seeing as how Cabana had no real stake in the case and he was broke, he was going to walk and Punk was going to do it solo. Punk convinced him to stay on to the suit though and promised him that he wouldn't have to pay a thing.

uAcR602.gif

Whew! April remains the breadwinner of the family.

uAcR602.gif

1 person likes this

this asshat's really about to end up alone and friendless. Run away AJ, run while you can.

It doesn’t sound like they have any legally binding contract beyond the text, so Cabana doesn’t have a case. Nobody really looks good here though. Punk is conniving but Cabana looks like an easily-played fool.

uAcR602.gif

4 people like this

Punk’s nasty personality ends up ruining all his friendships.

This email :skull:

To date I have spent $513,736 dollars on this Amman lawsuit. My outstanding current bill is at least 300k. Half of all this is yours. Divide the 513,736 by 2 and that is what you owe me and what I expect you to pay me. Starting now I will no longer be paying your bills. You are on your own. Whatever my bill is currently, will be cut in half, and half will be yours. If you choose to make this all ugly, that's fine too. I hope you won't, but I gave up on you doing what is right a long time ago.
1 person likes this

Punk just seems like a nightmare. 

1 person likes this

They should go to tv court so the judge can drag them both for being tired old men

uAcR602.gif 

6 people like this

Oop. Not him admitting to the deal and shutting it down mid email. His ass really is broke. :ahh:

If his outstanding bill 300k why is he dividing the 513k total, which would presumably be from the period he promised Cabana he would be making those payments? His ass really trying to get 260k so he would only have to get 40k from April. Disgusted tbh.

uAcR602.gif

1 person likes this

Time to start cashing those merchandise checks.

Xmm0SSS.gif