Ember Moon to Marry King of Black Women This Fall, How He Proposed
13 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Ember Moon on Chasing Glory
By Ninja Balenciaga
I'm still listening, so I'll update this as I get through it. But so far this interview really does explain why she is the way she is.
- Found out she was being called up the night of Takeover, had to keep it up a secret until Monday.
- Nia is one of her close friends.
- Started watching wrestling with her grandfather as a way to get out of doing chores.
- Was maliciously bullied starting in middle school. One reason was for being a nerd: being into video games, chess, etc. Notes that these things are accepted and cool now. More interesting though, the girls that bullied her were from the "bad part of town" and she was from the suburbs. They had never interacted with anyone from the suburbs before and vice versa. They would fight her, shove her into lockers, steal her lunch money. They didn't like the way that she talked or carried herself. Said she even tried to talk like them, but that didn't help.
- One of her biggest bullies was named Princess. Tells a story of how after band practice, after Princess had pressed her to give her more money, she said "god, she's such a bitch" after Princess had walked away. Apparently, she said it loudly, because Princess' mom was waiting in a car nearby and said "Princess, go handle yo bizness" and Princess slapped Ember in the face.
- Didn't have a lot of friends. But eventually made a friend Amy who would stand up for her. Amy got her into the Attitude Era.
- Wasn't suicidal, but wanted the pain to stop - often wondered if it would be easier if she just didn't exist.
- Lilian is loving this.
- That's why it's so important for her to be involved with Be A Star.
- Made the cheerleading team. Got bullied by parents who were mad their daughters didn't make the team. Talks about how vicious competitive cheerleading is in Texas.
- Made an Eddie Guerrero tribute/memorial on the back of her letterman jacket out of duct tape. Got picked on for that. Eventually got told to remove it by the principal, said it was promoting gang violence.
- Had a mark out moment in the makeup chair at the Royal Rumble when Hurricane & Cena had their interaction in the men's Rumble match. Didn't want to be messy & name names (then she should've kept it on the playground, tbh), but noted that newer girls who didn't watch wrestling didn't know or appreciate things like that in the same way.
- Mission accomplished for Lilian. She was able to get Ember to tear up & cry when conversation shifted back to her grandfather that passed away. She was watching a women's match with him when his health was fading. He noticed that she really loved the match and told her that she should go for it & would be good at it. He passed away a few weeks later.
- When she started wrestling school, her first trainer made her run in the heat up & down the side of the freeway for a month before even letting her get into the ring.
- There was only one other active female wrestler in Texas at the time. Eventually her and Ember became friends and she introduces her to Booker T.
- After eight months in the business, she finally decides to tell her Mom that she's wrestling. Her mom had to be put under for surgery for ovarian tumors. She was told that there's a five-minute window after someone has been given anesthesia where they won't remember anything when they wake up, she decided to use that as her moment to break the news. BITCH, I'M SCREAMING!
- Wanted to use her real name Adrienne as her ring name at first on the independents, but didn't see strength in that name after being bullied for so long. Hence using Athena.
Predicting the final spots in the Women's MITB match.
Ember Moon & Charlotte Flair are the first two competitors in the match, so what girls do you think will make up the rest of the match?