Mariah.

Lita Found Out She Was Wrestling Mickie James at Evolution When We Did

81 posts in this topic

WWE has only booked four official matches for its upcoming all women’s pay-per-view, Evolution, which is now under one month away from taking place in Long Island, New York. A few weeks ago, we learned a Legend, Lita, would make her return for a match against former rival Mickie James.

As it turns out, she found out about that at the same time we all did.

From her interview with SunSport:

“We were told a while ago that there was going to be an all-women pay-per-view and they were still getting it together, but they asked if I’d be interested in being a part of it in some capacity – and I told them to count me in. That’s pretty much all the conversation was. I didn’t know if I’d be doing commentary or even just being invited to attend to support the women. And then I found out when you all did that Mickie James would be my opponent and I would not just be a part of Evolution but I’d actually be in the ring. That’s when you just hold your breath and go with it.”

There’s something hilarious about WWE just not telling her about wrestling on the show, allowing her to find out this way.

This will be Lita’s second match in WWE this year, as she was also involved in the first ever women’s Royal Rumble match back in January.

Source

You read that correctly. Lita was not only left in the dark about her opponent, but the fact that she'd be wrestling period. I-

giphy.webp

2 people like this

ZXCZXC They keep doing her wrong :skull: 

1 person likes this

Them really booking this event on the fly.

gjjhZs2.png

6 people like this

This glass neck hag is really gonna injure herself or Mickie

giphy.webp

at least she knows it more than a month advance rather than 3 days like for Royal Rumble

giphy.webp

2 people like this

I hope she’s lying to keep surprise everyone at the show. WWE really needs to tell legends in advance that they are compeiting, Lord this PPV seems like it is about to be ugly.

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, Seductress said:

I hope she’s lying to keep surprise everyone at the show. WWE really needs to tell legends in advance that they are compeiting, Lord this PPV seems like it is about to be ugly.

This :skull: I've been saying it since WWE started announcing matches. Evolution should be about celebrating women's wrestling, not bringing back the retired ones to wrestle, more than probably, sloppy single matches after 10 years retired. And if that's the direction WWE wants to take, they should try to hide the fact that they are not able to wrestle anymore putting them on multi women matches. For example, they are doing Alexa vs Trish and Lita vs Mickie... it was that difficult to do Lita and Trish vs Alexa and Mickie in a tag team match? Imo the hype would be the same or even more, because that way we could also have a cute face off between Mickie and Trish too.

6 people like this

9 minutes ago, Foxy said:

This :skull: I've been saying it since WWE started announcing matches. Evolution should be about celebrating women's wrestling, not bringing back the retired ones to wrestle, more than probably, sloppy single matches after 10 years retired. And if that's the direction WWE wants to take, they should try to hide the fact that they are not able to wrestle anymore putting them on multi women matches. For example, they are doing Alexa vs Trish and Lita vs Mickie... it was that difficult to do Lita and Trish vs Alexa and Mickie in a tag team match? Imo the hype would be the same or even more, because that way we could also have a cute face off between Mickie and Trish too.

Exactly. I think they will start promoting it more when the supershow down Ppv is over with, but none of these matches that have been announced scream five star match, which is what the division really needs tbh. Matches on the main roster have been lacking for a while.

2 people like this

Well in her defense WWE doesn't really think ahead so just informing her about the PPV at the moment seemed to be the right move. I highly doubt any of the other women contacted even know that they will be wrestling, for example, Beth Phoenix. However, this still doesn't excuse them for being lazy and giving us Lita vs Mickie James because they want to right the wrongs of Survivor Series 2006 even if Lita wins we will still remember Lita's shitty retirement. 

Actually didn't the match leak as Trish vs Alexa did? :skull: Considering that's how Alexa found out this could be the case.  

3 people like this

Are they even allowed to publicly announce a match without her agreeing to do it first? :skull: 

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Bruno. said:

at least she knows it more than a month advance rather than 3 days like for Royal Rumble

giphy.webp

I have a hard time believing she was given 3 days advanced notice to be in the Rumble. She likely caught wind of Twitter not being impressed with her performance and used that as a cover up. 

Her and Trish are ALWAYS the first two to be asked to be part of anything. Frankly her and Trish are the only 2 women from the past that are consistently acknowledged and been asked to appear on TV in general. Them asking Lita 3 days before ...nah not believing it. Especially with her recent involvement as a producer/commentator and being backstage a lot 

Edited by Foreveryoung87
1 person likes this

58 minutes ago, Eric said:

Well in her defense WWE doesn't really think ahead so just informing her about the PPV at the moment seemed to be the right move. I highly doubt any of the other women contacted even know that they will be wrestling, for example, Beth Phoenix. However, this still doesn't excuse them for being lazy and giving us Lita vs Mickie James because they want to right the wrongs of Survivor Series 200 even if Lita wins we will still remember Lita's shitty retirement. 

Actually didn't the match leak as Trish vs Alexa did? :skull: Considering that's how Alexa found out this could be the case.  

Yes it was a random leak and they had to simply announce it. 

That's so rude :ahh: 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Foxy said:

This is exactly the match I wanted and I'm going to remain salty forever at WWE for not doing it. 

3 people like this

Messy, why didn't they just tell her beforehand? 

4 hours ago, Foxy said:

:skull: Some of you guys are really pushing for this tag team match. What would be the difference ? Alexa still wouldn't do anything and Lita would still wrestle like Gumby. Keep it for a special episode of Raw or Smackdown.

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

:skull: Some of you guys are really pushing for this tag team match. What would be the difference ? Alexa still wouldn't do anything and Lita would still wrestle like Gumby. Keep it for a special episode of Raw or Smackdown.

The difference would be that Lita is wrestling like Gumby for a fraction of the time and that Mickie and Trish, the match that outsells both of the proposed matches in-ring, would come to fruition. It'd also make up for the non-existent build for both of these 'dream matches' and this pay-per-view, as well. 'kEeP iT fOr A sPeCiaL ePiSoDe oF RaW oR SmAcKdOWn', he said :rot: 

11 people like this

I think if there's any reservation about anyone doing anything in-ring, it really isn't a good sign :skull: Mickie is a pro and has really defied the odds in terms of how she's still so capable in the ring after motherhood, age, etc., but to say the ceiling is kind of low would be an understatement. Which shouldn't be the case for the second match announced for this card.

4 people like this

56 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

The difference would be that Lita is wrestling like Gumby for a fraction of the time and that Mickie and Trish, the match that outsells both of the proposed matches in-ring, would come to fruition. It'd also make up for the non-existent build for both of these 'dream matches' and this pay-per-view, as well. 'kEeP iT fOr A sPeCiaL ePiSoDe oF RaW oR SmAcKdOWn', he said :rot: 

Plus these days Mickie's claim to fame is being Alexa's lackey, anyway. They call her a legend and rightfully so, but don't treat her as such. For that reason and the fact these two didn't have a memorable feud or match to begin with, the hype for this is almost non-existent and it's clear by this story that WWE could care just as less :rot: 

It would also have saved a spot on the card for a match with better potential between two girls that will probably be thrown in a BR.

4 people like this

They couldn’t have told her something so she could start training? :stephanie: Them thinking that she would just show up ready to throw down. 

Poor Mickie :culture:

5 people like this

9 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

The on the fly WWE booking is also not really an excuse in my opinion. You think they wouldn't let The Rock or Stone Cold or HBK know well in advance that they were wrestling an entire match if they agreed to performing at WrestleMania? Dropping your finisher and leaving is one thing, but :skull: 

It really shows how they TRULY feel about Evolution. This event was honestly only done to shut women’s wrestling fans up so they could go back to Saudi a few weeks later. 

The ugly thing is even if you are gonna book things on the fly they could’ve at least called women who were more recently active. Victoria, Beth, Taryn, Michelle, Layla, and Kaitlyn would’ve all been good options. I do understand Lita is a legend and a good draw much like Trish but still. :rot: 

13 people like this