Mariah.

Lita Found Out She Was Wrestling Mickie James at Evolution When We Did

81 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Josh. said:

You know damn well they asked Patricia 5 months ago and then asked her who she wanted to face. :rip: 

Joke's on her now

DZPIoRiXcAAZTPL.jpg

4 people like this

41 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

I don't think this has been in the works for that long.

I still wouldn’t be shocked if trish has known from the beginning who her opponent was compared to others.

2 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

tbh, I doubt this. Lita is in as-good if not better graces with them considering she was at the helm of the rebranding of Divas to Women. If they called Lita and just asked her to appear, I doubt they put more effort into getting Trish, and I particularly doubt she was given any choice as to what she would be doing. Trish/Alexa screams creative getting their own fantasy match of two petite blonde girls. :skull: 

Honestly, tea. We all noted how off she was when she came to Raw. Speculating obviously, but she could have been less than impressed with being thrust into this match on short notice :skull: 

2 people like this

Yes I agree It’s shady af that she had to find out she’s wrestling Mickie when everyone else found out...

..BUT her dumbass really thought she was just going to make an “appearance” on the PPV? :uhh: did sis forget she is an ICON in the women’s wrestling? She should at least be preparing to wrestle for the battle royale clusterfuck or a tag team match when Evolution was heavily rumored. 

Not to mention she has like no chemistry with Mickie, this is going to be a MESS :rot: the only positives I see that the match will be at least decent is 1. Mickie is the queen of wrestling and 2. Lita will be the face in the match, therefore she can catch her breath in the inevitable 5 minute rest holds she’ll be in :skull: 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

tbh, I doubt this. Lita is in as-good if not better graces with them considering she was at the helm of the rebranding of Divas to Women. If they called Lita and just asked her to appear, I doubt they put more effort into getting Trish, and I particularly doubt she was given any choice as to what she would be doing. Trish/Alexa screams creative getting their own fantasy match of two petite blonde girls. :skull: 

That statement is kinda funny reading it out loud. What's also amusing is your constant use of my quote button...

Anyway I never said that Lita wasn't in good graces with the company. I don't feel like going back and forth about it though. Especially when it's clear that Trish has always received preferential treatment over Lita. But OK!

I wish they would cancel this and replace Mickie with Ruby. I feel like the 2 would have a great match somehow.

2 minutes ago, Qwan™ said:

That statement is kinda funny reading it out loud. What's also amusing is your constant use of my quote button...

Anyway I never said that Lita wasn't in good graces with the company. I don't feel like going back and forth about it though. Especially when it's clear that Trish has always received preferential treatment over Lita. But OK!

For the last 8 months maybe, but all right! Lita worked for the company as recently as two years ago and Trish hasn’t been employed since 2006–she was given a better send off but really only returned in instances where it was going to make her look good, and no matter how much the powers backstage like her, they realize that she is selfishly concerned with her own image and not looking foolish (which I really don’t have a problem with, but let’s not pretend she’s their favorite talent ever and she still has pull 12 years post-retirement). And if you’re worried about getting quoted too much, come prepared without delusion! Other people were saying the same, yours was just the most exemplary of that discussion.

:jeigz: 

5 people like this

7 minutes ago, Qwan™ said:

what the :skull: 

9 people like this

1 hour ago, Qwan™ said:

Well Layla no longer has a phone and I don't think anybody besides Ari requested K8, so I'm just gonna scratch those two off.

Hmm...

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Jeigz said:

I co-sign what everyone else has been saying, but I also love that Lita continues to be outspoken and tell the truth in interviews rather than just give good PR answers. Good for her for sticking up for herself and not being afraid to call out the issues that she sees and has seen time and time again. Perch for her post-event interview where she calls out Vince for setting the women up to look like fools, legends only!

And that's why we'll stay mute come Evolution when the match is lacklustre because a more respectful send off is the least a LEGEND deserves! :clap: Clearly she was fine getting much less spotlight than her impact warrants at the first women's PPV, just like she made her moment during the first women's Rumble about way more than just herself, but WWE sticking to the predictable and rushing to book the only two non-active women pre-2015 they remember/are willing to acknowledge most of the time isn't a surprise. 

The match was announced second but it'll probably be like middle of the show on the card and won't be stepping on any toes (because even in loss, Mickie can only come out looking good imo) so I'm not mad. I just need the build up to start already and for this card to start shaping UP.

7 people like this

3 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

For the last 8 months maybe, but all right! Lita worked for the company as recently as two years ago and Trish hasn’t been employed since 2006–she was given a better send off but really only returned in instances where it was going to make her look good, and no matter how much the powers backstage like her, they realize that she is selfishly concerned with her own image and not looking foolish (which I really don’t have a problem with, but let’s not pretend she’s their favorite talent ever and she still has pull 12 years post-retirement). And if you’re worried about getting quoted too much, come prepared without delusion! Other people were saying the same, yours was just the most exemplary of that discussion.

:jeigz: 

Lita worked for the company recently so the fuck what? :skull: Do you ever think that maybe they asked Trish and she declined? How do you know that Lita was their first choice? It is not a secret anywhere that in the company's eyes when it comes down to Trish & Lita. Lita has always been number #2!

& Is Trish being selfish or is she just being smart? That's arguable. 

Who did they ask to come to RAW's 25th, when Lita said herself that she wasn't even extended an invite? Who did they ask in advance to participate in the Rumble match? Who did they tell days prior about the Rumble match? Who entered at the Rumble match at #30? Who just found out about their Evolution match?

:stephanie:

5 people like this

I wish @Taylor was here to drag cause I'm tired. :rot:

1 person likes this

Thank you @Qwan™, I appreciate your opinion. #UseYourVoice

:stephanie:

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Twisted Bliss said:

I still wouldn’t be shocked if trish has known from the beginning who her opponent was compared to others.

Trish 2.0 didn’t even know found out on Twitter and she’s their current fav. Doubt T would be the only one to know what’s up. She was tweeting Sasha pretty frequently post rumble. 

Edited by Foreveryoung87

19 minutes ago, puppies said:

queen shook OFF the ring rust :shook: she's coming, yall really gonna stay sleep and wake up with ur wigs gone? so sad

Whew! I just became a bit more optimistic. :shook:

19 minutes ago, puppies said:

queen shook OFF the ring rust :shook: she's coming, yall really gonna stay sleep and wake up with ur wigs gone? so sad

Whew! I just became a bit more optimistic. :shook:

46 minutes ago, puppies said:

! People have been doing a bit TOO much on the expectations for the match. They're BOTH past their prime and one hasn't wrestled regularly since even well before her retirement, but I'm sure they'll be looking to rise to the occasion to pull off something cute, Mickie especially since big matches don't come a dime a dozen for her nowadays. The chemistry thing feels kinda redundant as well, because Amy sister was definitely OVER wrestling by the time they had any in-ring interaction ddd. It won't be anything special and there might have been better options to go with, but I don't think it'll feel incredibly out of place come that night or in retrospect after the PPV is over and done with. She might even pull out a surprise since this is her first real match (more than just a quick showcase of signature moves like the Rumble or Raw 1000) since retiring.

5 people like this

So am I supposed to believe these matches will actually be any good

giphy.gif

This is going to be a trainwreck, smarks will laugh in the face of us for hyping up the women like we did, while it will be WWE's fault that they didn't give these ladies any proper material to work with

To me, a good wrestling match tells a great story with the moveset and by the emotion behind it, if Lita barely found out the same time we did, can we really expect a well choreographed fight between her and mickie? idk about alladat

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Shoaib. said:

(because even in loss, Mickie can only come out looking good imo

Whew this just got me excited, it's gonna be a good day for women stans when Mickie does what she has to do and is one of few highlights of Evolution giphy.gif

tbh the match should be good if they rehearse it well in advance like what Ronda is probably doing. That Moonsault on her IG looked great so I’m optimistic.

10 hours ago, WWFoverWWE said:

Mickie is really gonna carry this whole thing only to lose to a moonsault that barely grazes her left arm huh 

giphy.gif

Do you remember the blindfold match that Mickie James had against Lita back in 2006? I'm more worried about Lita caving in Mickie's face with an errant Moonsault. At least Mickie will have a chance to brace herself for impact unlike that match.

8 hours ago, Foreveryoung87 said:

Trish 2.0 didn’t even know found out on Twitter and she’s their current fav. Doubt T would be the only one to know what’s up. She was tweeting Sasha pretty frequently post rumble. 

They did share a moment in the rumble so what’s your point?

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, puppies said:

I'm honestly 100% ready for her to prove me wrong and fry my wig. I'm rooting for her, im

just not optimistic.

giphy.gif

1 person likes this