Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

Paige on Chasing Glory Again - She's Back!

26 posts in this topic

I won't go into full cliffs, but it was good. It was largely about her coming to terms with retiring from in-ring competition, using her platform to help women after all that she's been through and to promo Total Divas. But this stuff stood out:

On Liv Morgan's Injury

“I feel so bad for Brie,” Paige said. “She’s never hurt anyone, it’s the first time she hurt some and she gets blamed for it? Come on dude, it’s an accident. Liv doesn’t blame her. The thing I didn’t like about it is the fact her teammates brought her back in the ring to do a suplex when everyone knew she was knocked out. That’s the thing I don’t like.”

Paige said Sasha Banks acted like a professional last year when Paige was injured.

She added, “Ruby and Sarah, take care of your teammate. You see that she got hurt, don’t let her back in the ring again. Referee, don’t let her back in the ring again.”

Paige said again that she felt bad for Brie Bella because of the backlash she got. Paige said fans turned on Brie “because she’s a Bella.” Lilian Garcia said that people get jealous when people reach a certain level of success and she believes that is what is happening with Brie and Nikki.

On Alberto Del Rio

The SD Live GM made the comments during an interview with Lilian Garcia on the latest episode of “Chasing Glory.” During the conversation, Garcia brought up the post in which Del Rio compared his current girlfriend to Paige and said this one hasn’t been “committed in 2 mental hospitals.”

“Don’t make fun of someone who has mental health issues,” Paige said. “Because he knew at that point how depressed and how, like I was on rock bottom, and how I wanted to kill myself. He knew all that stuff. So to throw that out there like that — it’s pretty mean.”

Paige has gone on record about the dark spell she experienced after her XXX footage leaked online. That was followed by a tumultuous break-up with Del Rio that included a handful of incidents where police were called. The couple was engaged to be married but separated in 2017.

“I thought over a year of us not being together, I never expected him to bring me up again. So, I was just like, I’m not even going to respond to that right now,” she added.

Paige also says she didn’t immediately respond because she didn’t want Del Rio to know it hurt her.

“You don’t talk like that about a women — especially on the Internet for everyone to see. Just keep your mouth shut,” she told Garcia. “If you don’t like me, that’s fine. We haven’t had any contact for over a year. It baffles me.”

She went on to say she’s in a good place now and the happiest she’s been in quite sometime. Paige said she’s enjoyed using her personal experience to help other women who are struggling.

2 people like this

WWE really trying to make Brie the victim in all this... they have such a Trumptardian mindframe

Posted (edited)

Paige spilled about the injury thing but I don't think a concussion is as serious as her snapped neck like of course you shouldn't keep competing but doing that one bump wasn't life threatening where as if Paige kept going she'd probably be a head on a stick :beckytate:
edit: Why did I scream at you linking Liv's tweet under the article :livlife:

Edited by barbiej33p
2 people like this

8 minutes ago, barbiej33p said:

Paige spilled about the injury thing but I don't think a concussion is as serious as her snapped neck like of course you shouldn't keep competing but doing that one bump wasn't life threatening where as if Paige kept going she'd probably be a head on a stick :beckytate:

Her point still remains. Nobody knew the severity of the injury at the time but they knew she was hurt.

Her doing that bump could've made it worse.

2 people like this

51 minutes ago, Dan said:

WWE really trying to make Brie the victim in all this... they have such a Trumptardian mindframe

girl what? :skull: Brie HAS been a victim due to people disrespecting her on the internet for an injury that was clearly an accident. WWE has nothing to do with other wrestlers coming out to her defense. Everybody that has gone on record defending Brie has done it at their own freewill, lmao. 

8 people like this

anyway, paige spilled tea tbh. And I like that she took the high road when it came to the stuff with Del Rio. :clap: He's bitter and not worth her time at all.   

6 people like this

1 hour ago, Dan said:

It's almost as if Paige and the other wrestlers who've come to Brie's defence, some like Tommy Dreamer who isn't employed by WWE nor has any known connection to her, are more knowledgeable on the company's injury protocol and how the business works than a random fan with an Alexa avi who thinks it's more plausible that WWE instructed Paige to do so than her simply defending a friend...

tumblr_nmgo2n7meO1so31gmo2_r1_250.gif

7 people like this

Paige seems like a really cool person.

And why the shade from Liv? Was that directed at this?

1 hour ago, barbiej33p said:

...do you even know what a concussion is??? that extra bump could have caused permanent brain damage, especially with them not knowing how severe the concussion was.

5 people like this

1 hour ago, YouAreAThot said:

Her point still remains. Nobody knew the severity of the injury at the time but they knew she was hurt.

Her doing that bump could've made it worse.

Yea I wanna blame the ref not Ruby and Sarah :beckytate:

I agree with her on Brie getting unnecessary heat...but trying to place blame on other people is not it. I understand that she wants to defend her but you don't have to throw someone else under the bus in order to do that.

4 people like this

She didn't spill anything, tbh. How can you blame Ruby and Sarah for not protecting her when they weren't the ones to kick her in the head? And then she goes on to tell a story about how her opponent and not her partners protected her from getting further injured in her match. Like I know she wants to defend her friend, but sis made a mistake and that was it.

4 people like this

Everyone is starting to look foolish in this. I pray we don’t get anymore major fuckups in the future bc clearly the girls and the fans can’t handle it and start pointing fingers

:beckytate:

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Captain Fox said:

She didn't spill anything, tbh. How can you blame Ruby and Sarah for not protecting her when they weren't the ones to kick her in the head? And then she goes on to tell a story about how her opponent and not her partners protected her from getting further injured in her match. Like I know she wants to defend her friend, but sis made a mistake and that was it.

tbh i do agree that she shouldn't place anything solely on ruby or sarah since they were prob shook too (i feel like off camera anybody could've helped liv not go back in), but the fact that brie should've been the only one helping her makes no sense to me. 

To clear up your other point, she was referencing how Sasha refused to do any more spots with her even though her as a performer in the moment wanted to, and that was the responsible decision to make. She knows that wrestlers want to keep going but the ones to stop them have to be the others in the ring (again she sorta fucked up her point by not referencing anybody else in the tag match she was involved in) :newspaper: Liv is making herself look foolish when she's shading her well knowing that Paige only has her best intentions in mind unless she actually thinks Brie is completely responsible for the accident :uhh:

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, AntiKingAndrew said:

tbh i do agree that she shouldn't place anything solely on ruby or sarah since they were prob shook too (i feel like off camera anybody could've helped liv not go back in), but the fact that brie should've been the only one helping her makes no sense to me. 

To clear up your other point, she was referencing how Sasha refused to do any more spots with her even though her as a performer in the moment wanted to, and that was the responsible decision to make. She knows that wrestlers want to keep going but the ones to stop them have to be the others in the ring (again she sorta fucked up her point by not referencing anybody else in the tag match she was involved in) :newspaper: Liv is making herself look foolish when she's shading her well knowing that Paige only has her best intentions in mind unless she actually thinks Brie is completely responsible for the accident :uhh:

She doesn't think anything though. She is shading her because Paige put the blame on her friends.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Shoaib. said:

It's almost as if Paige and the other wrestlers who've come to Brie's defence, some like Tommy Dreamer who isn't employed by WWE nor has any known connection to her, are more knowledgeable on the company's injury protocol and how the business works than a random fan with an Alexa avi who thinks it's more plausible that WWE instructed Paige to do so than her simply defending a friend...

tumblr_nmgo2n7meO1so31gmo2_r1_250.gif

enlighten me bb 

1 hour ago, WWFoverWWE said:

Everyone is starting to look foolish in this. I pray we don’t get anymore major fuckups in the future bc clearly the girls and the fans can’t handle it and start pointing fingers

:beckytate:

Honestly it was a mess up that was unfortunate. The finger pointing isn’t going to do anything for anyone.

2 people like this

I think somebody else said it, but I don't think Paige is blaming the other Squad members of the ref, she's just saying it wasn't really responsible for Liv to have kept going the way she did (though it's indefinitely respectable). Placing blame isn't necessary nor does it help anything.

Also, what I never seem to grasp is why do people feel the need to be nasty and take the initiative to place blame and demonize the Superstars? I'm not gonna go full-on-Bella-stan and say it's only because of who the are. However, if Liv isn't blaming her herself, why do they feel the need to make her feel like shit for something she field for the very first time in her 10+ year career? That she would never do intentionally either? The fuck?

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Captain Fox said:

Things like that could happen at any given time for wrestlers. Ruby, Sarah, or the ref shouldn't have let Liv take that suplex regardless of Brie botching. 

2 people like this

On 10/9/2018 at 0:04 AM, Stratisphere said:

Things like that could happen at any given time for wrestlers. Ruby, Sarah, or the ref shouldn't have let Liv take that suplex regardless of Brie botching. 

Or anyone in the fuckin match bitch. I would imagine none of them knew the severity of her injury.

48 minutes ago, trishallday said:

Or anyone in the fuckin match bitch. I would imagine none of them knew the severity of her injury.

I would imagine that since Liv was knocked out, they knew something was up. It's common sense, Competer is knocked out, maybe I shouldn't suplex them 🤔

Edited by Stratisphere

4 hours ago, Stratisphere said:

I would imagine that since Liv was knocked out, they knew something was up. It's common sense, Competer is knocked out, maybe I shouldn't suplex them 🤔

So everyone in the suplex spot should be held accountable. We dont know what was communicated outside the ring. Liv may not have even known the severity of it. If she said she was good then they probably thought she was. Hell I thought it was just a kick to the face not a concussion.

7 hours ago, trishallday said:

So everyone in the suplex spot should be held accountable. We dont know what was communicated outside the ring. Liv may not have even known the severity of it. If she said she was good then they probably thought she was. Hell I thought it was just a kick to the face not a concussion.

I'm just saying that Brie is getting more hate than she deserves for botching, everyone does at some point. Anytime you get hit hard in the face it will catch up eventually, That was almost instant for Liv. Your skull serves to protect your brain, and with any hit, kick or anything of the sort will hurt your brain. A knockout is a good indicator that something is seriously wrong. I get that it was in the heat of the moment but if people are gonna shit on Brie than they also need to shit on the Ref for not stopping the match. Idk who's idea it was to suplex someone who was just knocked out. :ajshrug:

4 hours ago, Stratisphere said:

I'm just saying that Brie is getting more hate than she deserves for botching, everyone does at some point. Anytime you get hit hard in the face it will catch up eventually, That was almost instant for Liv. Your skull serves to protect your brain, and with any hit, kick or anything of the sort will hurt your brain. A knockout is a good indicator that something is seriously wrong. I get that it was in the heat of the moment but if people are gonna shit on Brie than they also need to shit on the Ref for not stopping the match. Idk who's idea it was to suplex someone who was just knocked out. :ajshrug:

Sis is your username a typo of Stratusphere or Stratosphere?

17 hours ago, Henry Cavill said:

Sis is your username a typo of Stratusphere or Stratosphere?

I just liked the way it looked 😂 don't read into it. 

1 person likes this