Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AntiKingAndrew

Chelsea Green signs with WWE

49 posts in this topic

performance-696x392.jpg

Photo: WWE

Twitter personality rovert, who has broken (or at least dropped considerable hints of) major news in the world of professional wrestling, has revealed that former IMPACT Wrestling Knockouts Champion Chelsea Green (aka Laura Van Ness) has reported to the WWE Performance Center this week after quietly signing with the WWE.

Chelsea Green has been on the WWE’s radar for years, first appearing for the WWE back in 2015 with the relaunch of Tough Enough. But the former Canadian indie star, who was trained by Lance Storm in Calgary, signed with IMPACT Wrestling, where she debuted as th debutante Laurel Van Ness, part of Maria Kanellis‘ faction alongside Sienna (Allysin Kay) and Allie. Laurel Van Ness would go on to win the Knockouts Championship in early 2018, just as Green requested her release from IMPACT. She would eventually lose the title to Allie before making her departure this past spring.

DgAKYBcX4AU9OOR-e1539111872552.jpg

Photo: IMPACT Wrestling

A regular with the likes of SHIMMER, Shine, and many other top indies, she recently made her debut with Lucha Underground as well. Following her release from IMPACT, she attended a WWE Tryout this past summer, but was allegedly not used for this year’s Mae Young Classic due to work visa issues. If the report of Green signing are true, it would appear that WWE has sorted out her work visa issues and Green will become a part of NXT in the coming months, joining recent signees Mia Yim, Deonna Purrazzo and Io Shirai.

Source

oops

she's cute and all, but they already have so many girls in the PC :rot: Not to mention they have a tough time developing the NXT TV girls (but they have been trying recently with Lacey/Candice/Bianca)

Also this picture has me SCREAMING :ahh:

xSBHHwwH_bigger.jpg

She fucked her way to WWE

1 person likes this

After Asuka's departure and recent developments about NXT probably expanding, I think NXT is going to definitely step up their game with the women's division. I feel like the era of Bianca/Candice/Kairi/Nikki/Lacey/Shayna is going to end soon with Bianca probably getting a title run while the rest gets called up. With the recents signings, I feel like the division will now build around Io/Mia/Deonna/Vanessa/Chelsea/Reina?? I feel like Dakota will move over to UK full time or get called up while the UK division also gets some signees and have the usual Toni/Jinny/Rhea to help build it.

I'm not very much concerned for the space, and Chelsea is a good wrestler and all... but her bride gimmick is.... interesting. Congrats I guess!

Happy for her :clap: Hopefully they'll let Chelsea keep the dual personality gimmick

3 people like this

Yay! Congrats Chelsea! I just hope she'll leave that crazy smeared lipstick stuff in the past.

17 minutes ago, AntiKingAndrew said:

After Asuka's departure and recent developments about NXT probably expanding, I think NXT is going to definitely step up their game with the women's division.

It's been a year :rot: 

2 people like this

I'm not a huge fan of her but she's put in the work since tough enough :clap: she def deserves it

1 person likes this

Congrats to her. I liked her last few months in TNA her gimmick was cute.

However NXT is packed by the time majority of these girls get called up most women on the main roster will be either gone or own their way out. :michael: It’s packed as it is.

14 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

It's been a year :rot: 

and it took a whole ass year for the division to recover considering this group of girls were the only ones since the 4hw who were close to holding a title in nxt :rot: 

2 minutes ago, AntiKingAndrew said:

and it took a whole ass year for the division to recover considering this group of girls were the only ones since the 4hw who were close to holding a title in nxt :rot: 

It just seemed like a weird point of reference given that two Mae Young Classics, a UK Women's Division and a number of new ways to reel talent in have made Asuka's reign seem pretty irrelevant, especially since its main contemporaries are on the main roster now.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

It just seemed like a weird point of reference given that two Mae Young Classics, a UK Women's Division and a number of new ways to reel talent in have made Asuka's reign seem pretty irrelevant, especially since its main contemporaries are on the main roster now.

nn sorry if it was confusing, it was more to talk about the fact that NXT has been doing a decent job of building multiple superstars up (contrary to Asuka's time where a lot of superstars suffered from being basically feeders to her), so they could probably handle the amount of talent they're signing right now :newspaper:

1 hour ago, trishallday said:

She fucked her way to WWE

who would want it other than Dolph :uhh: 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, WWFoverWWE said:

who would want it other than Dolph :uhh: 

ew she boinked him too?? she's with (or maybe they've broken up?) Zack Ryder right now.

she'll always be a poor man's Tenille to me :X

4 people like this

I didn't care enough to keep up with her in Impact or the indies but I remember liking her on TE and thinking she should've won, so cute :clap:

1 person likes this

I hope they give her the name Megan Miller.

3 people like this

But they couldn’t sign Madison??:jeigz2:

10 people like this

At the very least, she'd make a good jobber to help build up some of the girls.

1 person likes this

i liked her on impact but she's been basic to me ever since she dyed her hair brown so idk how to feel

mick2.gif.48ca9770860065a1ae7b9715a82f21

Daria and Mandy are shook. time for a Tough Enough redemption

2 people like this

Yesssss :shook: I am ready for her drunk character to make NXT good again :shook:

1 person likes this

Why do I feel like they are gonna buy her tits by this time next year?

Hoping for something creative. Once you wipe off that drunk clown makeup she is a blank slate they can mold. Y’all really want her to be this rowdy, wacky girl but that definitely gets tiring quick.

Not that “princess” Laurel Van Ness is any better but..

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Daria and Mandy are shook. time for a Tough Enough redemption

Mandy isn’t pressed baby 😜

6 people like this

On a side note, she’s been TEARING it up on the indies. She’s such a sweetheart, and was so pleasant and hilarious to talk to! I’m happy for the sis!

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Curvaceous said:

Mandy isn’t pressed baby 😜

She’s too busy sitting in catering.

OT: Her drunk character was kind of a kii to me so I’m happy for her. :clap: 

1 person likes this