Jake

Evolution 2018: Live Chat

2,359 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

It highkey didn't help that the last match on the card was Nikki vs Ronda and it ended the way it did. Like with all the articles and posts leading up you can tell most of us here at HB were all on Nikki's side (unlike places like reddit and the mainstream which were more likely to be team ronda) and seeing her ass get wiped out was a bit of a disappointing end to the night.

The pay per view overall was great though even if the winner's to everything were pretty meh. 
1Rn9rlM.gif

This too. Capping off the show was a woman none of us are really here for, overcoming someone we all support or respect. The latter women who's spent the entire week defending a generation of women we all feel get slighted against someone who is essentially the poster child for everything that's wrong with this evolution in WWE. Yes, the outcome was obvious, but for a moment we all still had hope.

4 people like this

WWE fucked up with the production.

Imagine having a sold out arena but filming the show like it was in an empty Impact Zone

5 people like this

Just now, Henry Cavill said:

WWE fucked up with the production.

Imagine having a sold out arena but filming the show like it was in an empty Impact Zone

This is actually sad as fuck. The set should’ve been that of a spectacle. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, prince. said:

This is actually sad as fuck. The set should’ve been that of a spectacle. 

It should have been treated like a Wrestlemania

3 people like this

55 minutes ago, SaraLaGarcia said:

!! GIVE. ME. A. PROPER. MATCH :shook: Michelle wouldn't mind training multiple days a week for a one off singles match, they need to stop. :hatnikki:

!! Charlotte who???

g6LfsVO.gif

1 hour ago, Rainbow Heart said:

It highkey didn't help that the last match on the card was Nikki vs Ronda and it ended the way it did. Like with all the articles and posts leading up you can tell most of us here at HB were all on Nikki's side (unlike places like reddit and the mainstream which were more likely to be team ronda) and seeing her ass get wiped out was a bit of a disappointing end to the night.

The pay per view overall was great though even if the winner's to everything were pretty meh. 
1Rn9rlM.gif

I don't have a dog in that fight as I dislike both but seeing Ronda toy with Nikki was kinda funny and added an extra layer to her character. 

However, now knowing that the Bellas simply returned to try and challenge Ronda, ending up failing, and now they bounce back to the outside world defintely makes the decision to have them finish look doubly stupid IMO. Yes, Ronda and Nikki can bring additional eyes to the product but Vince often chases after that while forgoing the existing base. I can bet you that more came to see Becky v Charlotte over the Ronda squash match. 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Mariah. said:

! As women's wrestling fans, can we not be critical of WWE themselves for dealing the girls with a shit hand to begin with? No one said anything about the performances except like @Travis Roucka who hates everything n. The girls did AMAZING and the crowd was AMAZING given what they were, well, given. But they should have been given more and that's the criticism. This company doesn't deserve a pat on the back just because they managed to simply execute it. There's still work to be done and as long as this forum is around, that's what the fuck we gonna talk about as people who call themselves women's wrestling fans.

Jake

3 people like this

decided to comment after watching the PPV fully a second time. First time after work on Sunday and now while reading through the thread. woo you bitches spent like the first half the of the show complaining about the lights :rot: 

Loved the PPV though. Every match delivered and had moments. The crowd was hot and the event was a total success. MOTN for me had to be the NXT women's title match. and surprising fav was also the 6 woman tag. might be one of the best I've ever seen :clap:  Just proud of every woman and my faves for all they put into tonight.

WWE also putting Nikki vs Rona on Youtube already for the views.  :stephanie:

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Tatianna said:

I don't have a dog in that fight as I dislike both but seeing Ronda toy with Nikki was kinda funny and added an extra layer to her character. 

However, now knowing that the Bellas simply returned to try and challenge Ronda, ending up failing, and now they bounce back to the outside world defintely makes the decision to have them finish look doubly stupid IMO. Yes, Ronda and Nikki can bring additional eyes to the product but Vince often chases after that while forgoing the existing base. I can bet you that more came to see Becky v Charlotte over the Ronda squash match. 

Naw, it was report that after Nikki/Ronda was announced sales for the PPV went up.

1Rn9rlM.gif

2 people like this