Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooksie

Does Becky Lynch have top girl energy?

Does Becky Lynch have top girl energy?   43 votes

1. 1. Does she have the range, darling?

• Yes, the fans recognize her as that girl, despite the system.
    • No, the fans like her, but know it's not going to last.
    • Undecided

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, DoNotBeDumb said:

Becky vs Ronda might be at Wrestlemania. Becky became a bigger star thanks to Botcha Jaks being the female Ryback. If you think this is alright and defend Nia you are gross.

Leave Sasha Banks out of this!

Just kidding, we all know Nia Jax messed up but the amount of hate she's getting is bringing out the worst in people who already hated her to begin with just like Brie Bella. On the flip side, Ronda Rousey gets the benefit of doubt due to her UFC notoriety while Alexa Bliss' in-ring career could be in jeopardy due to multiple concussions. In terms of the "Becky is boring" debate, her character is extremely likeable which is why most of us think highly of her but her moveset as a face was a tad underwhelming and repetitive which could be caused by the paint-by-numbers structure of her weekly TV matches. AKA Becky starts out strong, heel gets upper hand and puts a very long submission hold on her, Becky gets crowd support and battles back which either leads to a victory or a dirty loss. She rarely experiments within this fixed framework which is probably why @Boris. compared her to Natalya. However, unlike Natalya, Becky's natural charisma shines through although I personally find heel Natalya's methods of trolling and selling worth the price of watching her matches.

On 07/11/2018 at 5:45 PM, Boris. said:

No, she’s boring, specifically in the ring. I’ve yet to see a standout match from her. Evolution was great but Charlotte did 90% of the bumping and the spots. 

While she’s a great actress and talker I think that her opponents (Sasha, Alexa, Charlotte) always gave her the edge that people wanted while she did not bring it out herself, hence when she was facing equally boring Nattie nobody cared or remembers anything about it now.

this argument is said about loads of people and in some ways it makes sense, but for a match that lasted as long as theirs did, and was so even throughout, i don't understand how anyone can say one person did most of it. this match would not have been nearly as exciting if it were carried by one person

1 hour ago, shumiley said:

this argument is said about loads of people and in some ways it makes sense, but for a match that lasted as long as theirs did, and was so even throughout, i don't understand how anyone can say one person did most of it. this match would not have been nearly as exciting if it were carried by one person

I wouldn't say anyone carried it because the offense is just as important as the person selling it. But Becky was definitely dragging Charlotte for like 75% of the match.

Edited by Angelic
1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, Angelic said:

I wouldn't say anyone carried it because the offense is just as important as the person selling it. But Becky was definitely dragging Charlotte for like 75% of the match.

guess so, but it was still a match where it wasn't all about the selling. becky did a lot of big moves that required equal effort on both parties

1 person likes this