Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

Raw Overruns Are Done For Now

14 posts in this topic

Hard out at 11 pm EST now.

WWE is making a big change to WWE Raw that we haven't seen in decades. WWE Raw will be a firm three hours long, at least as things stand now.

Fightful.com has learned that WWE Monday Night Raw has a hard "out" time of 11 PM EST, as opposed to the soft end time that they've enjoyed since the 1990s. We're told this will begin with next Monday's edition of Raw, and will continue for the foreseeable future. This is already the case for WWE Smackdown Live on Tuesday Nights.

WWE Raw's overrun has been a staple of the show for years, dating back to the Monday Night Wars when the company was locked in a vicious ratings war with rival World Championship Wrestling. The two sides would often tinker around with starting shows earlier or staying later in an effort to gain a competitive advantage over one another. The overrun would stick around even when WWE didn't have competition.

The overrun gives WWE additional screen time, but also allows for flexibility on the show if a segment goes long. A source close to the situation indicated this is likely a USA Network call.

Fightful.com has reached out to WWE for a comment or official statement on the matter, and they confirmed the report

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-wwe-raw-overruns-are-done-now

Good. There's absolutely no reason why three hours shouldn't be enough.

9 people like this

Whew when they cut Braun off in the middle of "fu-"

4 people like this

Well done. Three hours is more than enough for the shit that WWE is producing right now.

m98fego.gif

6 people like this

Doesn’t make a difference to me. I watch less than 20 minutes of the show so when it is time for the final segment, I’ve long switched to another channel.

m98fego.gif

5 people like this

This is going to be like those Raw shows from the 90s on the network that just end in the middle of segments :ahh: 

1 person likes this

USA Network saying "NO" to another RAW ending at 11:15 with a Shield stare down or Brock Lesnar cameo/Braun/Dolph/Drew/and or Baron.

I suddenly stan.

eOuIpHt.gif

3 people like this

darn. I was hoping they'd shorten it by an hour and twenty

2 people like this

I don't watch full RAW anyway, but good for USA Network for keeping their heels on Vince's neck

i mean, who has even really tuned into RAW these days for like more than 10-15, let alone for the overrun

:k2:

1 person likes this

It makes no sense why they needed it anyway way at this point.

Our women getting 3 minute matches so the main event can end in time

eOuIpHt.gif

2 people like this

This makes no difference to me. I haven’t sat down for 3 hours to watch Raw in YEARS anyways. And the overruns were always what? 5-10 mins at best? Idc.