Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

Paige Says She Would Love To Be A Manager In WWE, Reveals She Wanted To Manage Ronda Rousey

23 posts in this topic

This past April, in the exact same building where she won her first WWE Divas Championship, Paige announced her immediate retirement from in-ring competition, due to persistent neck injuries. Paige would appear the following night on Smackdown Live and announce that she had accepted the role as Smackdown Live's General Manager.

In a recent interview with Planeta Wrestling, Paige discussed her transition from in-ring performer to General Manager and if there is anything she would change in her career so far.

"I wouldn't change a thing, because even the mistakes that I've made have made me into the person I am today," Paige said. "So, I wouldn't change a thing. Obviously, I wish I could wrestle but it took me down a journey now, where I'm Smackdown General Manager, and it's incredible. I get to work with the girls and the guys, I'm on every pay-per-view, I'm on every TV, ya know? So, it's good. I like it."

Although she hopes to see a day where she can wrestle once again, Paige holds firm in the belief that she's being utilized exactly how she should be. When her injury was compared to Daniel Bryan's, Paige noted that her injury is quite different.

"Well, I will fight every day to get back in to the ring," Paige said. "But, mine and (Daniel) Bryan's injuries are a little bit different. So, his is all stuff to do with his brain… like his concussions and stuff, while mine is spinal. Like, I have a spinal stenosis just like Edge does. And it's impossible for me to get back in the ring again unless it's like, maybe, 20 years' time."

Paige says that the likelihood of her returning to the ring any time soon is extremely low because, unlike Daniel Bryan, her injuries are irreversible and based at her spine. She noted that she is open to other roles with the company, however.

"I will do anything," she said. "Right now, I'm really happy being Smackdown General Manager. It's opened so many different doors and I get to do so many different characters just being Smackdown General Manager – I get to be a good guy, bad guy, I get to do whatever I want. I would love to be a manager – kinda like Paul Heyman, one day. I would love to do anything like that."

When asked about who she would manage if given any pick, Paige said, "Everybody! I wanted to manage Ronda at one point, but she doesn't need me!"

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2018/11/paige-says-she-would-love-to-be-a-manager-in-wwe-648082/

Oooh, a Paige & Ronda pairing would've been pretty interesting.

1 person likes this

The problem with Paige being a manager is she takes the focus away from who she manages. We saw that when she was with Absolution she was still the focus no matter what happened. Her GM role is fitting right now and works for her.

4 people like this

so let's um bring back absolution

Wiccan Venus

3 people like this

I respect her knowing her worth, because she’s as big of a draw as Ronda though they’re incompatible as a pair and her having a mouthpiece would just add to the Brock comparisons. The GM role is realistically not going to last forever even though it’s the best match for her right now and I like her in it. Down the road, I could see her managing a newer, less established girl to give them a rub, but it would have to be someone with a similar vibe and someone who could really stand up to her. Maybe Rhea Ripley? Really though she’ll be fine wherever she ends up at this point, someone just tell her to stay away from Ronda.

QMtciRc.gif

10 people like this

2 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

I respect her knowing her worth, because she’s as big of a draw as Ronda though they’re incompatible as a pair and her having a mouthpiece would just add to the Brock comparisons. The GM role is realistically not going to last forever even though it’s the best match for her right now and I like her in it. Down the road, I could see her managing a newer, less established girl to give them a rub, but it would have to be someone with a similar vibe and someone how could really stand up to her. Maybe Rhea Ripley? Really though she’ll be fine wherever she ends up at this point, someone just tell her to stay away from Ronda.

QMtciRc.gif

They'd be hot :shook: 

9 people like this

Just now, Cooksie said:

This is exactly what she needs to as I don't think mic work is Rhea's strong suit, while her look and persona definitely sell the rest. @Jeigz your mind!
Jeigz

5 people like this

Just now, Cooksie said:

It lowkey would be better with Rhea as Paige’s muscle but I still would be here for it 

:laycry: 

2 people like this

26 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

The problem with Paige being a manager is she takes the focus away from who she manages. We saw that when she was with Absolution she was still the focus no matter what happened. Her GM role is fitting right now and works for her.

She's definitely killing it in the GM role right now, but I can't see her doing that forever. Managing would be a cute role for her being a GM.

Keep her in a GM role for now. Then have her serve Lita/Christy mentor relationship with some new NXT girl.

WrEsluA.gif

She has enough charisma to fill any position WWE wants to put her in, but I'm also against her being paired with Ronda. In my opinion, once her SD GM days are over, she could be a good asset to the NXT UK brand as a manager to stablish some of the girls/guys, commentator, General Manager... use her to make the brand bigger. I'd prefeer watching her work with new talent rather than being the shadow of a big superstar because, let's be realistic, the booking of managers (even more if they're woman) in WWE is always the same unless you are Paul Heyman :newspaper:

4 people like this

I don’t like her as GM. Sorry.

I’d rather see her manage someone.

Even though her mic skills and charisma can carry through in any sort of managerial position, I feel like her role as a GM is perfect right now and actually helps both sides in terms of promoting Total Divas/women/etc and also be a credible on-screen character for the brand. The only thing I wish she did is what Baron is doing on RAW; SD since the brand split has had consistently face GMs even though I feel like the storytelling and pace of a Smackdown show can flesh out a heel authority storyline with better. It seems a bit wasteful for a former talent with great mic skills to just be a talking piece when they've utilized talent really well as GM in the past (i.e AJ, Eve, Stephanie, etc.). At least Daniel's excuse is that his promos aren't really that good ff My bias is speaking for a good amount of this, but give my fave a storyline! :clap:

7 hours ago, Foxy said:

She has enough charisma to fill any position WWE wants to put her in, but I'm also against her being paired with Ronda. In my opinion, once her SD GM days are over, she could be a good asset to the NXT UK brand as a manager to stablish some of the girls/guys, commentator, General Manager... use her to make the brand bigger. I'd prefeer watching her work with new talent rather than being the shadow of a big superstar because, let's be realistic, the booking of managers (even more if they're woman) in WWE is always the same unless you are Paul Heyman :newspaper:

no shade but are we watching the same beige, sis? sometimes i feel like she's struggling to talk through her new lips

but you made some points about her being on nxt uk but i don't think it'll happen since they film TD with the other girls

DskmNfJX4AAbb6o.jpg

3 people like this

Any Ronda pairing is better than her and Nattie power walking to the ring together 

:mawma:

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, WWFoverWWE said:

Any Ronda pairing is better than her and Nattie power walking to the ring together 

:mawma:

Creative already dropped that pairing. :trickie:

1 hour ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Creative already dropped that pairing. :trickie:

a gift:mariah: 

9 hours ago, Matto said:

Paige and Vanessa Borne

Cringing. Vanessa serves sex kitten. She might as well manage Mandy.

That is, however, a cute idea in a NXT3 scenario.

Wiccan Venus

7 hours ago, Travis Roucka said:

no shade but are we watching the same beige, sis? sometimes i feel like she's struggling to talk through her new lips

but you made some points about her being on nxt uk but i don't think it'll happen since they film TD with the other girls

DskmNfJX4AAbb6o.jpg

Well, she is not a Carmella/Alexa/Lana mic wise, but imo she's good, or at least better than Kurt Angle or other flops who are given the mic every week.

Dskm-Nf-JX4-AAbb6o.jpg

1 person likes this

At some point WWE always fires their GM especially with the talk of Shane going heel, I wouldn't doubt it. I could see her managing a female or even a male superstar similar to Zelina. I could see her perhaps getting involved (handing weapons, titles, slapping) or even catfighting but nothing where it'll put her condition at risk. She's charismatic, works the mic and crowd well and is still over. I would hate to see her leave when she's excelled her role as GM but if managing were ever a thing for her in the future, she'd do well.

It's a shame her career ended the way it did. The hype for her return was huge and she was doing well. I still think a program with her against Asuka was on the table but unfortunately never happened. The first NXT Women's Champion and the longest reigning NXT Women's Champion both whom never lost the title. 

1 minute ago, dylanlioncourt said:

At some point WWE always fires their GM especially with the talk of Shane going heel, I wouldn't doubt it. I could see her managing a female or even a male superstar similar to Zelina. I could see her perhaps getting involved (handing weapons, titles, slapping) or even catfighting but nothing where it'll put her condition at risk. She's charismatic, works the mic and crowd well and is still over. I would hate to see her leave when she's excelled her role as GM but if managing were ever a thing for her in the future, she'd do well.

It's a shame her career ended the way it did. The hype for her return was huge and she was doing well. I still think a program with her against Asuka was on the table but unfortunately never happened. The first NXT Women's Champion and the longest reigning NXT Women's Champion both whom never lost the title. 

I don’t think she could even do a cat fight. She said the slightest bump could paralyze her.

2 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

I don’t think she could even do a cat fight. She said the slightest bump could paralyze her.

That rules any physical altercation out then. She'd still do well as a manager for someone once her tenure as SD GM ends.