Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stratisphere

Female Superstars and Multiple Injuries

18 posts in this topic

When it comes to breaking glass ceilings and proving themselves this last generation of girls are kicking some serious ass. Im just wondering how much is too much, with how Paige got injured last year and now with Alexa and those rumors, have the women starting going too hard where they end their career extremely short and as fans are we putting to much on them? I love this era but i am scared for alot of these young women who seem to have to retire before 30. Ive been thinking about this and i wanted to see how others felt as well

1 person likes this

Not really it’s just the downside to being a poster star in general. Paige was going non stop since her debut, Alexa has been going nonstop since 2016 it just comes with the job. They really don’t get any real breaks when they are constantly in the title picture. Hell Alexa is recovering now and has still yet to miss any real tv time. The men’s division is just as bad especially on the Raw side of The company. I don’t buy the Alexa retirement rumor because it has no real merit or proof. I don’t see her wrestling until the Rumble once she gets cleared anyway though.

4 people like this

It's the heavy schedule, the house shows, no breaks and the risk a performer takes in the ring.

4 people like this

52 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Not really it’s just the downside to being a poster star in general. Paige was going non stop since her debut, Alexa has been going nonstop since 2016 it just comes with the job. They really don’t get any real breaks when they are constantly in the title picture. Hell Alexa is recovering now and has still yet to miss any real tv time. The men’s division is just as bad especially on the Raw side of The company. I don’t buy the Alexa retirement rumor because it has no real merit or proof. I don’t see her wrestling until the Rumble once she gets cleared anyway though.

Pretty much this, also I think Alexa shot down the retirement rumour recently. 

1 person likes this

They really just need to cut back on live events tbh. It'll let the superstars have more time to rest their bodies, and plus it'll help ticket sales for TV. Most fans don't want to go to a TV showing when they were just at a live event a couple months prior till. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Kat said:

Pretty much this, also I think Alexa shot down the retirement rumour recently. 

She did for sure. I definitely don’t see her retiring, like she suffered a concussion let her heal. 

1 person likes this

it's the fans' fault! bitches be begging for suicide dives and complaining when alicia does a chin lock most of the match to protect herself!

Dyo5.gif

9 people like this

I don't think the new style of wrestling the girls are serving today is a problem or "too much." Paige has been bumping since she was 12, and having wrestled as long as she did, she was bound to run into some problems that could potentially be career-ending (as seen with other wrestlers in the past with careers as long as hers.)

In terms of Alexa, it kind of just comes down to a bad matchup. Alexa's used to working a slow, methodical, simplistic match with only a few moves, while Ronda is used to judo throwing hens at the speed of light without much thought. Alexa just wasn't ready for the impact or the speed and landed on ha head as a result.

The boys have been dealing with the same stuff too, it's just a part of the business that the ladies are more than ready to deal with.

1 person likes this

it's the risk of being a performer, back when Divas were wrestling 2 minute matches, they would still get injured and have concussions

2 people like this

not to sound blunt, but it comes with the job. They signed up for this fully knowing that their career could end from the most simple mistake or a big accident.I agree there's too many house shows and the yearly back-to-back international tours is alot, but they know the terms of their contract. 

Paige abused her body by wrestling at a very young age with scoliosis- her career-ending injury was going to happen sooner or later 

Alexa was going nonstop since her call-up and as @Queen of Hens mentioned, Alexa is used to working a slower, grounded matches. 

it sucks, but it's not like WWE is purposely trying to injure their stars or coworkers injuring each other (Except Nia, but that's a different story :stephanie:)

On 11/28/2018 at 2:26 AM, Gavin said:

it's the fans' fault! bitches be begging for suicide dives and complaining when alicia does a chin lock most of the match to protect herself!

Dyo5.gif

Sorry, but suicide dives don't impress me.I just feel like you can put on a good match without having to do all these dangerous moves. You just have to be smart enough to put together a good, creative match. Most wrestlers today aren't very good when it comes to storytelling in matches so they resort to the crazy moves. Or at least that's how it seems. 

Edited by Mikie91
2 people like this

And to end the retirement rumors once and for all. 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Mandy Rose said:

not to sound blunt, but it comes with the job. They signed up for this fully knowing that their career could end from the most simple mistake or a big accident.I agree there's too many house shows and the yearly back-to-back international tours is alot, but they know the terms of their contract. 

Paige abused her body by wrestling at a very young age with scoliosis- her career-ending injury was going to happen sooner or later 

Alexa was going nonstop since her call-up and as @Queen of Hens mentioned, Alexa is used to working a slower, grounded matches. 

it sucks, but it's not like WWE is purposely trying to injure their stars or coworkers injuring each other (Except Nia, but that's a different story :stephanie:)

I know it comes with the job, and if WWE would treat them like people not money machines maybe they wouldnt be injured so much. I know thay their schedules is heavier now than the they were im just seeing a kind of trend (?)

It isn't the moves, it is the fact that they use the same women over and over again. Nikki for example got her because she kept doing her finisher over and over again. I can almost guarantee had they gave Nikki a break between reigns she wouldn't need her neck tightened every other year.

1 person likes this

They do too many house shows.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea that they're putting Becky in a TLC match right after getting a concussion.

3 people like this

As long as WWE continue touring 300+ days out of the year, rampant injuries will remain inevitable. Ideally they’d have an off season for their employees, but that’ll never happen because that means less money for Vince and the higher ups.

It's the risk that come with the job and the ragged over working schedule. House shows are the bread and butter of the entire wrestling business but they need to figure out a way to utilize their vast and ever growing amount of performers to give others a rest. 

1 person likes this

They can simply not have the same chicks in the spotlight!? Less injuries will occur that way!!