Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooksie

Who are you 'on the fence' with?

45 posts in this topic

Minds change and fandoms come and go, but often times, there'll be a girl that catches are eye, but makes us hesitate before we claim.

Who are you on the fence about claiming, and what qualities does she have (or lack) that prevent you from really committing to your fandom? :newspaper: 

1 person likes this

For me right now, I'd say Ember Moon and Rhea Ripley. I've always enjoyed Ember's matches and I think she's upped her looks a bit since moving up to the main roster, but her character (or lack thereof) is what makes me hesitate. It'd be cool to have a more kayfabe protected, mythos based character since they're certainly scarce in women's history, but in WWE in general right now.

Conversely, Rhea has a lot of character, I think she serves a look and has good matches as well, but I think sometimes it's too much and she relies too hard on the 'savage' appeal when she could serve almost twice as much bad bitch energy by just being silent and quietly owning herself. :newspaper: 

6 people like this

14 minutes ago, prince. said:

Charlotte. :rot: She is so fucking good when the stakes are high and makes you want to be a fan but I feel like she switches it off when it’s not a “first ever” or a another accolade to her resume. 

!!!! it's so agg because she's been in the two best wrestling matches this year (imo) at Mania and Evolution, but throughout the rest of the year she's been aggy/boring for a good load of it. She's such a sweet person too but I'm skeptical when I think of how good her booking is too and how she may use her name to further herself.

6 people like this

37 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

Conversely, Rhea has a lot of character, I think she serves a look and has good matches as well, but I think sometimes it's too much and she relies too hard on the 'savage' appeal when she could serve almost twice as much bad bitch energy by just being silent and quietly owning herself. :newspaper: 

Co-signed! Rhea needs to study 2007-era Beth Phoenix and relax and let her ringwork do the talking. I actually really enjoy her but she has a tendency to do too much. 

1 person likes this

I'm a FAN of every woman on the roster to varying degrees. I just want the current and future girls to succeed while still giving respect to all the divas who came before them. In terms of being a STAN, The Bella Twins are my #1's no questions asked. Elsewhere, I'm still struggling with my Alexa Bliss stan membership. I need my fellow Blissfits to guide me back to her as I'm like 75% there now. With NXT, I won't form any opinions on them until they hit the main roster but I've got my eyes on Bianca Belair and Kairi Sane. My stan list is pretty low.

5 people like this

I’m very off-and-on with Nia tbh (:rot:) but recently I’ve been uninterested. She really stepped up her game earlier in the year when she was regularly facing Asuka, and then her short title reign really brought out the best in her in terms of her ring-work. She’s never really been too great of a character, but I was getting behind her until she dropped the title, and then she seemed to think it didn’t matter how lazy she was or even if she showed up. Maybe she’ll surprise me again, though! :rot: 

3 people like this

Charlotte, Ember, Becky, Rhea and maybe Toni :newspaper:

Alexa Bliss tbh! 

a lot of the girls i either don't care about or really stan, but i guess liv is in the middle. i wasn't a fan of her in nxt, but she really surprised me when she came to smackdown with her new character and i started to really like her. gradually, i got a bit bored of her, especially since she came to raw because she got tackier than usual with the pink hair and beanies and her character got kind of stale because riott squad is all about ruby and she is just serving sidekick instead of her individual personality being showcased.

giphy.gif

3 people like this

18 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

Co-signed! Rhea needs to study 2007-era Beth Phoenix and relax and let her ringwork do the talking. I actually really enjoy her but she has a tendency to do too much. 

YES :shook: She's super young so I think she'll figure it out once all is said and done. :clap: 

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, prince. said:

Charlotte. :rot: She is so fucking good when the stakes are high and makes you want to be a fan but I feel like she switches it off when it’s not a “first ever” or a another accolade to her resume. 

!!!!!!!! The cruise control has to stop. I get people get injured but I really can't overlook or forgive her for the Carmella matches on pay-per-view.

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, Gavin said:

a lot of the girls i either don't care about or really stan, but i guess liv is in the middle. i wasn't a fan of her in nxt, but she really surprised me when she came to smackdown with her new character and i started to really like her. gradually, i got a bit bored of her, especially since she came to raw because she got tackier than usual with the pink hair and beanies and her character got kind of stale because riott squad is all about ruby and she is just serving sidekick instead of her individual personality being showcased.

giphy.gif

I think sis is just experimenting right now, especially since it doesn't seem like they're going to change up their dynamic any time soon or give Ruby the opportunities she deserves. I used the pink at first but now I'm sick of it as well, but she's such a cute girl personally so I think we'll get through it together and they'll come and do something fun soon :crying: it's just a phase!

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Amlex said:

Charlotte, Ember, Becky, Rhea and maybe Toni :newspaper:

Omg Asuka too 

Bayley tbh. She’s not the most exciting in the ring but with the right opponent and time she can really go. Bayley vs Charlotte from raw last year is still a great match that sticks out for me. Her personality and look just truly kills her vibe for me right now, especially when you factor in her entrance music and tubmen. A heel turn with a refreshed look and the side pony disappearing forever is what I need to see.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Amlex said:

Omg Asuka too 

Couldn’t stand her down in Nxt. I’ve enjoyed her so much since she started teaming up with Naomi though.

Bianca atm. She is refreshing, talented, and extremely advanced but the overall package does not match her potential imo. Her look and mic skills aren’t what I see for her, I like the braid but other than that her overall look comes off FCW-ish

2 people like this

I have two.

1. Alexa. I loved her run in NXT and SD and I was really seeing improvements in the ring as well. However, since joining RAW both her mic and in-ring work have regressed a lot and I cannot blame it all on booking here, especially because compared to her potential and even other WWE homegrown talent, her overall showings have been underwhelming

2. Sarah Logan. I don't really like her selling most of the times, but her brutal brawling style is refreshing to see in the Women's Division. Her gimmick has potential, but she has to be let loose and go "crazy"

Probably Ember Moon considering I knew a little about her when she was still in the indies as Athena. I would always here about her finisher and how it was one of the best in the business. Overall I can’t get behind her she’s a great wrestler but she doesn’t offer anything character wise to make you root for her. Also it doesn’t help they she can’t decided who she wants her character to be. :shrug:

1 hour ago, prince. said:

! There were a few times throughout the last year where I got behind her I was close around WM when she faced Asuka. I will never deny her talent but she does pick and choose when she wants to snap. It’s just annoying because you know wherever there is a first time ever match Charlotte is there and ready to snap. Other than her first ever matches which pretty much 85% consisted of her facing Sasha I only enjoyed her small work with Naomi.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Cooksie said:

!!!!!!!! The cruise control has to stop. I get people get injured but I really can't overlook or forgive her for the Carmella matches on pay-per-view.

Especially when chemistry wasn’t even the issue since they both worked a good match at SS & the SD after it. She is so blatant, which turns me off even more.  :rot: 

2 people like this

I don’t feel very strongly about most of them but I’m almost always skeptical of anyone with some established reputation in NXT. It takes a while for them to adjust to the main roster, if at all, so they rarely ever live up to their initial hype ie Bayley, Finn, and countless others.

MhHRHT3.gif

Edited by Don Draper
1 person likes this

Um I support ALL the women except for that assault and battery felon Nia Jax!

2 people like this

OH, Ruby Riot as well! Sometimes I feel like I’m really into her look and she’s serving, and then I change my mind once I realize her moveset as a heel is trash and her promos are questionable. I think she’s really talented and I think they’re high on her, but it’s a problem of consistency for me. I don’t know that I’m going to get the same thing every time I see her so it’s hard for me to make a decision. She’s absolutely come a long way since debuting, though. 

1 hour ago, SaraLaGarcia said:

Bianca atm. She is refreshing, talented, and extremely advanced but the overall package does not match her potential imo. Her look and mic skills aren’t what I see for her, I like the braid but other than that her overall look comes off FCW-ish

!!! I respect her hustle so much but she needs to get out of the cosplay fabric section in Joann Fabrics and let someone hook her up! :rot: 

6 people like this