Jacqulee

Why were women objectified in the name of "entertainment" to the troops?

7 posts in this topic

60274_tribute_to_the_troops_2018_small.j

Until recent years, the women were used as eye candy to entertain the troops. The women used to wear skimpy clothes and would do sexy poses to entertain the men in the crowd. The women would hug, kiss and even let the men carry them to "thank" them. I get that the troops defend the country, and WWE wants to dedicate a show to them, but why were the women objectified in the name of "entertainment"? Why couldn't the women entertain the troops with serious hard hitting matches? Am I the only one who was confused by this?

Edited by Jacqulee

because that's how women were marketed in WWE

1 person likes this

They obviously were. And protecting the country doesn't warrant you feeling anyone up (@them "carrying" the women) or getting eye candy at the expense of the other women. You want eye candy, get a magazine. This isn't really any different than how they were treated any other time anyway.

However, the women looked like they had fun with it from what I can remember. So if that wasn't acting and they were really enjoying themselves, that's all that matters.

giphy.gif

3 people like this

1. That's how the women in WWE were generally used at the time.

2. There's a long history of that sort of entertainment being used when visiting the troops. Marilyn Monroe, Playboy models, Latoya Jackson, etc, have all been paraded out to perform for the troops.

3 people like this

they need to flip the script. there's plenty of females in the military now. I think they'd enjoy a nice hug and to be carried by Finn or Seth in their skimpy Santa costumes.

2 people like this

That’s how the women usually were treated when it came to normal fans anyway so I guess they carried on with that when it came to the troops as well. 

Cause Wwe was even trashier than it is now at the time, I feel like this was pretty self explanatory. Just look at how the women were treated on tv at the time.

fIiMFnq.gif