Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

WWE Reportedly Considering a Queen of The Ring Tournament For 2019

44 posts in this topic

WWE has some big things in store for 2019 and one plan they could have in the works would see an older concept get a little changeup. It’s been a while since WWE held a King Of The Ring tournament, but the idea could be back and given to the Women’s Division this time around.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports WWE is discussing the idea of holding a “Queen Of The Ring” tournament sometime in 2019. This would be a main roster tournament and could be the theme of a much bigger idea.

The current notion is to wrap a possible Queen Of The Ring tournament around another all women’s pay-per-view event. This would make the second female-exclusive WWE Network special following WWE Evolution if they end up using the idea. It was noted that WWE wants to do at least one all-female pay-per-view per year.

It should be kept in mind that the Queen Of The Ring tournament is just an idea that WWE is kicking around, but it’s reportedly a possibility as they look for new ideas for a second all-female pay-per-view.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/12/06/wwe-reportedly-considering-queen-ring-tournament/

Who would be your pick to be the first ever Queen of the Ring?

tumblr_ofxa48nZEB1qevcs2o2_250.gif

1 person likes this

About damn time I have wanted this for so long.

tenor.gif?itemid=5988571

7 people like this

Here for this even tho I already can tell Charlotte will win it :frecklefox:

9 people like this

I always loved this when they did it for the guys. I hope it’s true :shook: make it a yearly thing for both men and women

2 people like this

I can smell Charlotte's victory from miles away 

:frecklefox:

13 people like this

I’m here for it and Charlotte should be the first one tbh. Then they can use it to build new stars in the years coming :frecklefox:

1 person likes this

I would love for someone fresh and exciting to win but we know that’s not going to be the case. :stephanie:

1 person likes this

highkey tournaments are boring as fuck and im not here for a predictable Charlotte or Becky win. 

Can they just do a second all women's PPV with proper build-ups and meaningful feuds? :k2:

Can they introduce secondary titles I’m tired of the same top bitches winning everything 

:chyna:

2 people like this

y'all know King of the Ring was (typically) used to promote lower-card talents and give them the opportunity to show what they could do without putting them into the title picture, right? It became a stepping stone accolade for people who weren't quite ready to headline yet, so suggesting the predictable women would win just seems.. wrong to me, tbh. :skull:

it gives the girls not in the 1v1 title feuds something to do, so good!

3 people like this

9 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

y'all know King of the Ring was (typically) used to promote lower-card talents and give them the opportunity to show what they could do without putting them into the title picture, right? It became a stepping stone accolade for people who weren't quite ready to headline yet, so suggesting the predictable women would win just seems.. wrong to me, tbh. :skull:

in before someone quotes me with "this is wwe they don't put effort in lol!" I'm stressed and ready to argue this week.

:mariah:

I have always liked KOTR, so I'm all for the ladies getting their own version.

I love the idea, I've always wanted a concept like this for the girls, especially back in '08-'09 when they already had a nice amount of women to do it. I would stan Andrade and Zelina as King and Queen of the Ring right now

2 people like this

I too can see Charlotte, Alexa or Ronda winning this and I’m disgusted at the thought!

Naomi’s glowing crown :shook:

5 people like this

17 minutes ago, Blooberry said:

I too can see Charlotte, Alexa or Ronda winning this and I’m disgusted at the thought!

Realistically with it being the first ever women’s QOTR, they more than likely would go with a big name as the first winner. 

Momlotte is definitely the first winner.

But my pick? Mandy~ (Ruby would be cute too)

I've just always preferred it on a heel. Or someone that becomes a heel because of it.

3 people like this

FINALLY!!!:shook:

Peyton would be a cute choice, but I know it'll be Charlotte being forced into another historic event.:skull:

Edited by IIconicAussieGals

1 hour ago, Jeigz said:

this is wwe they don't put effort in lol!

2 people like this

Basically they're going to give it to becky so she can her austin moment. 

I wish they would do a kotr and qotr the same night and just called the ppv royalty of the ring. That way we can also keep evolution 

1 person likes this

I mean this is calling for Charlotte to be the first winner. It’s only right.