Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kat

Dakota Kai possibly injured at NXT Live Event

49 posts in this topic

ACL???? Isn’t that the injury that kept Layla and I think Lita out for almost a whole year???? I like Dakota 😥

Damn if true that’s a huge blow when she was finally getting consistent time.

5 hours ago, gl83 said:

I hope it's just a rumour, an ACL tear would be a major blow to her. I hope she's okay. 

8 hours ago, Blooberry said:

Not Lita, Jazz!!!! 😩

No you’re right, Lita tore her ACL at New Years Revolution 2005, and she was inactive for a super long time after (of course, the whole Matt/Edge thing didn’t help with that.)

Hopefully its not something as serious as this for Dakota.

Nooooo! Fingers crossed its not the ACL. Dakota is one of my favorites in NXT. Get well soon!!

Tegan and now Dakota dudeeeeee. This is the worst. 

Just as Dakota was finally getting some momentum and consistent stories on NXT ughhhh

Yeah, this sucks. Hopefully, Meltzer is wrong and the injury isn't that severe. That does bring up the question of: If it was a torn ACL or even suspected to be, why would they have Dakota traveling on the road with the rest of the crew for the duration of the tour? You'd think they would send her home immediately if that was the case?

17 hours ago, gl83 said:

Yeah, this sucks. Hopefully, Meltzer is wrong and the injury isn't that severe. That does bring up the question of: If it was a torn ACL or even suspected to be, why would they have Dakota traveling on the road with the rest of the crew for the duration of the tour? You'd think they would send her home immediately if that was the case?

Hopefully that means it's not as serious as he suspects and she'll be okay. 

Well, Dakota just posted an IG story indicating that she's spending the holidays back home in New Zealand. So, she's either delaying surgery for her ACL tear, which will push back the date when she would return back to in-ring action in NXT even further or her injury isn't that severe and she won't require surgery at all.

I mean with an injury that requires surgery such as an ACL tear, they usually have the talent have surgery immediately within the week as in the case of Seth Rollins, Bobby Fish, Tegan Nox, etc.

Edited by gl83

Dakota Kai's been spending the last few days back home in New Zealand with her sister:

V4zxfUK.jpg

Judging from those pics/videos it looks like Dakota seems to be fine since she's able to walk without crutches or without any discomfort. Then again we really don't have a view of her leg. Although there is this pic that was posted by her sister earlier today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrhU9nyHBYWxtzoGySX59W95MouKux51B9JPxw0/

It might be the pic, but it looks like she has some sort of buckle(possibly for a knee brace) slightly above her right knee.

Edited by gl83
1 person likes this

Her latest instagram post you can see she's wearing a knee brace. 

Lots of people I know has been fine to walk on their knee a few days after tearing their ACL. The knee tends to start feeling better to where it almost feels like nothing happens. Well besides the fact you cant move laterally. I'd say the brace is so she doesnt tear anything else, or doesnt tear the rest of her ACL. It may just be partially torn. 

Hope we find out soon. 

2 hours ago, ShiniestWizard said:

Her latest instagram post you can see she's wearing a knee brace. 

Lots of people I know has been fine to walk on their knee a few days after tearing their ACL. The knee tends to start feeling better to where it almost feels like nothing happens. Well besides the fact you cant move laterally. I'd say the brace is so she doesnt tear anything else, or doesnt tear the rest of her ACL. It may just be partially torn. 

Hope we find out soon. 

Yup, she's sporting a knee brace.

Hopefully, her sporting a knee brace and not having surgery immediately is a sign that the injury isn't too severe.

Could also be they were letting her go home for the holidays before they choose to operate. There's no way she could do 20+ hours of travel back home to New Zealand a week after surgery. 

1 hour ago, ShiniestWizard said:

Could also be they were letting her go home for the holidays before they choose to operate. There's no way she could do 20+ hours of travel back home to New Zealand a week after surgery. 

Well, from what I understand, you're not suppose to fly for several weeks before or after surgery because the patient runs the risk of blood clots and other complications with the odds for those complications increasing on long trips (and traveling from Orlando to New Zealand definitely qualifies as a long trip)

Dakota's having surgery this morning for her torn ACL. Honestly so bummed, was hopeful it wasn't a tear, but wasn't too optimistic. Just when she started to get traction appearing on NXT TV a lot. 💔

2 people like this

I hope the surgery goes well, it's awful this happened. 

1 person likes this

I hope she gets to have a big comeback after this. She deserves it.

1 person likes this

She posted a video on her Instagram story today of her walking on the treadmill and both her knees were moving the same so I take it that’s a good sign since she can move her knee pretty well. Also she didn’t have the knee brace on.

Yeah that seems super fast.  She just had surgery January 17th, so less than a month post-op.  Maybe it was only a partially torn ACL?  

From Halftime Heat still looked like she was wearing a big brace out and about, but if she's walking on a treadmill for PT that's got to be a good sign.

18 hours ago, ShiniestWizard said:

Yeah that seems super fast.  She just had surgery January 17th, so less than a month post-op.  Maybe it was only a partially torn ACL?  

From Halftime Heat still looked like she was wearing a big brace out and about, but if she's walking on a treadmill for PT that's got to be a good sign.

For regular people the timeframe for recovery from a torn ACL is usually around 2-3 months, where they focus on being able to do normal day activities such as walking. For athletes, though, it takes them 6-9 months since they need to be able to do more strenuous activities such as running, jumping, and cutting. It's usually around the 2nd week or so that, they have them do weight-bearing exercises and being abe to walk without the aid of crutches. So I think Dakota is right-on-schedule. My guess is, that Dakota probably won't be cleared to work at the PC and house shows until around SummerSlam.

That being said, it appears that Dakota is making good progress as in this gif from her IG story, she's able to do squats without the aid of a knee brace.

Vz98fi.gif