Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Qwan™

Bird Box

29 posts in this topic

luVTFUv.jpg?1

This Netflix movie has been the topic of conversation recently. So I was curious to hear if any HB's have watched it yet and if so what did you think?

:curious:

Personally I thought it was very bizarre and was side eyeing quite a bit throughout the entire movie. Certain parts I just felt were so unrealistic, but I was entertained nonetheless!

W165xkc.gif

I loved it! The acting was really what put the movie over for me, from Sandra and the children especially. I was surprised to see to see so many negative reviews by movie critics (the GP generally loved it, though), but I always tend to have polar opposite opinions from critics.

The memes that have been coming out have been the best part.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Daniel42 said:

I loved it! The acting was really what put the movie over for me, from Sandra and the children especially. I was surprised to see to see so many negative reviews by movie critics (the GP generally loved it, though), but I always tend to have polar opposite opinions from critics.

!! The internet is unmatched. :skull: 

Planning on seeing this tonight, I'll let you know my thoughts Xx. I'm excited since I'm a huge fan of Sarah Paulson (although, apparently she wasn't in the movie for very long.. :( )

17 minutes ago, Daniel42 said:

Movie critics shit on every horror movie :rot: I never take them seriously  :boostfox:

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Layout said:

Planning on seeing this tonight, I'll let you know my thoughts Xx. I'm excited since I'm a huge fan of Sarah Paulson (although, apparently she wasn't in the movie for very long.. :( )

Movie critics shit on every horror movie :rot: I never take them seriously  :boostfox:

I really enjoy Sarah Paulson as well, she won me over with her portrayal as Marcia Clark in the O.J series. That was the best mini series I’ve ever seen. :clap: 

Hope you enjoy it though. :curious:

1 person likes this

My family kept talking about it yesterday, I may just have to check out the movie myself.

1 person likes this

It's the better version of The Happening

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Matto said:

I’ve never heard of it.. :curious: 

I had a feeling I'd see this pop up here, my supervisors were talking about this movie with us yesterday. I was just like "wtf" the entire time they spoke though.

1 person likes this

Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses. I want to watch it, but I think it would scare me. I'm a huge wuss when it comes to scary/sudden movies.

19 hours ago, Matto said:

That mess  :rot:

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Katy said:

Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses. I want to watch it, but I think it would scare me. I'm a huge wuss when it comes to scary/sudden movies.

It’s not a scary movie though. I would classify it along the lines of a thriller. 

I love how all the memes have taken off on twitter. And the cast is amazing. Jackie Weaver + Trevante + BD Wong, etc the fuck??

6 hours ago, surrender said:

I love how all the memes have taken off on twitter. And the cast is amazing. Jackie Weaver + Trevante + BD Wong, etc the fuck??

Where is the guy Trevante from? Like was he on anything else? He looks so familiar for some reason. :curious: 

2 minutes ago, Qwan™ said:

Where is the guy Trevante from? Like was he on anything else? He looks so familiar for some reason. :curious: 

Moonlight.

200px-Moonlight_%28filme%29.png

This movie pissed me off :rot: but I meannn... it was at least captivating and had great acting(pretty much all that matters) but man, the people in this movie were a bunch of dumbasses. The big bitch in particular. If some shit like this happened for real I would not have let people into my house :rot: Y’all niggas are fucking everywhere. I don’t want to share this with y’all. I don’t. -Azealia voice- 

3 people like this

She was a cute girl.

Trevante could do whatever he wanted to me.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Clara Torres said:

Moonlight.

200px-Moonlight_%28filme%29.png

Don't drag me but I still haven't seen this. :icant2:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Layout said:

This movie pissed me off :rot: but I meannn... it was at least captivating and had great acting(pretty much all that matters) but man, the people in this movie were a bunch of dumbasses. The big bitch in particular. If some shit like this happened for real I would not have let people into my house :rot: Y’all niggas are fucking everywhere. I don’t want to share this with y’all. I don’t. -Azealia voice- 

& you mean to tell me Sandra lived with Trevante for five years and they didn't have a child together? & I'm sorry but Boy, Girl and those damn birds would not have stood a chance against those rapids after that little ass canoe flipped over. :skull:

W165xkc.gif

2 people like this

57 minutes ago, Qwan™ said:

& you mean to tell me Sandra lived with Trevante for five years and they didn't have a child together? & I'm sorry but Boy, Girl and those damn birds would not have stood a chance against those rapids after that little ass canoe flipped over. :skull:

W165xkc.gif

Well tbh, why would she want to bring another child into that world? She was preggerz with her son before shit hit the fan

W165xkc.gif

2 people like this

Just now, Mariah. said:

Well tbh, why would she want to bring another child into that world? She was preggerz with her son before shit hit the fan

Well it's not really about her wanting too. When you just consider the fact that they literally were secluded in this house for 5 years? One would think they would be having sex like rabbits and naturally at some point the inevitable would happen.

W165xkc.gif

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Qwan™ said:

Don't drag me but I still haven't seen this. :icant2:

I haven't either. It's been on my to-watch list since release.

2 people like this

18 hours ago, Qwan™ said:

It’s not a scary movie though. I would classify it along the lines of a thriller. 

it isn't?? it seems like a super jumpy, startling movie. maybe I'll check it out in a few days when I'm off work.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Qwan™ said:

W165xkc.gif

My friend and I said the same :dead: Me@them miraculously not drowning. 

2 people like this