Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisMC

It's Official! Brandi Rhodes Confirms AEW Women's Divison - Announces New Female Signee

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, shumiley said:

this is why it's dodgy to me. they're trying to openly bank on it being equal pay, but then are basing it off of things are either secretive (i.e. sales) or their background, which can be quite subjective depending on who you ask. i don't think equal pay is the issue, it's the fact that they're trying to promote on the basis of it without necessarily having to come through with the promise. should've just left it out of the speech and ate their food.

I mean, someone can make a point WWE signing some rookie woman and getting less paycheck than rookie man, which is what Brandi was talking about. There's no woman that comes to my mind that is not retired that would be paid the same as Chris Jericho because Chris is a huge money magnet and seller for the product than someone like Britt Baker who still needs to establish herself. Now if someone like Becky Lynch would leave WWE, I could see her being paid the same as some male top star of the company.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Bruno. said:

I mean, someone can make a point WWE signing some rookie woman and getting less paycheck than rookie man, which is what Brandi was talking about. There's no woman that comes to my mind that is not retired that would be paid the same as Chris Jericho because Chris is a huge money magnet and seller for the product than someone like Britt Baker who still needs to establish herself. Now if someone like Becky Lynch would leave WWE, I could see her being paid the same as some male top star of the company.

Now she’s talking about it after the misleading statement was made.

1 person likes this

I like seeing vets return so I’m all for people like Victoria, Summer Rae, Emma, Maxine, AJ Lee (goodness this would be a huge one) Cameron, Cheerleder Melissa, Kong, Taryn Terrell along with unsigned vets like Mercedes Martinez appearing in this.

1 person likes this

PS if Kaz is in this then Traci Brooks must join him!!! Also Melina, Trinity, Jazz, Nidia and Dawn Marie 😍

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Conor said:

I hope this promotion does well, as it might light a fire under WWE's was to be more creative. However all this equal pay is a little confusing if it's only entry level

From what she's saying, I'm assuming what this means is that a female main-eventer would be paid the same amount as a male main-eventer; a female midcarder would be paid the same as a male midcarder, etc. 

I hope this promotion does well because it would force WWE to do better in terms of a product. Also if it does well it will give the talent that's employed by WWE and are being under-utilized and/or misused some leverage because now they have an alternative option to fall back on.

An example would be, guys like Chris Jericho & Eddie Guerrero, who were being under-utilized down in WCW, jumping ship to WWE where they could be used better. 

Edited by gl83

7 hours ago, gl83 said:

From what she's saying, I'm assuming what this means is that a female main-eventer would be paid the same amount as a male main-eventer; a female midcarder would be paid the same as a male midcarder, etc. 

I hope this promotion does well because it would force WWE to do better in terms of a product. Also if it does well it will give the talent that's employed by WWE and are being under-utilized and/or misused some leverage because now they have an alternative option to fall back on.

An example would be, guys like Chris Jericho & Eddie Guerrero, who were being under-utilized down in WCW, jumping ship to WWE where they could be used better. 

Her tweet implies that only entry level (jobbers??) will have the same pay. :coffee:

6 hours ago, Henry Cavill said:

Her tweet implies that only entry level (jobbers??) will have the same pay. :coffee:

No it doesn't lol. She just used entry level to provide an example. Replace the words "entry level" with the words "rookie", "mid-card," "main event," etc and its all the same.

I honestly don't feel like she is back tracking here but rather simply clarifying a statement that people are taking a bit too literally. OBVIOUSLY not every person is going to be paid equal salary. What she is saying is that gender will not be a factor in their salary negotiations. It will be based on their star power (as perceived by the AEW officials), their past experience and evidence of past revenue (i.e. merch sales, etc). 

2 people like this

On 1/9/2019 at 8:17 AM, ChrisMC said:

"But not only that, we want it to be a strong women’s division with the best female wrestlers in the entire world." - Brandi

well Charlotte and Sasha work for WWE and Nikki Bella already retired.. so she's out of luck

Gw669r6.gif

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Travis Roucka said:

well Charlotte and Sasha work for WWE and Nikki Bella already retired.. so she's out of luck

Gw669r6.gif

I’m so confused how it says you quoted me and notified me but I didn’t say that... lol

5 minutes ago, ChrisMC said:

I’m so confused how it says you quoted me and notified me but I didn’t say that... lol

its from the article in the main topic. brandi said it.

Gw669r6.gif

1 hour ago, Travis Roucka said:

its from the article in the main topic. brandi said it.

Gw669r6.gif

Yeah i’m just confused on why it says you quoted me lol

So the top men are getting health insurance. :coffee:

Apparently they signed Shanna:

I haven't heard about her in a while and apparently she's banned from entering the US, which makes me wonder how they've worked this out.