Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xachingwe

Viper (Piper Niven), Kay Lee Ray potentially signing with WWE

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

AEW were interested in signing her but apparently WWE got there first.

According to Dave Meltzer Scottish wrestler Viper who went under the name Piper Niven in the inaugural WWE Mae Young Classic Tournament in 2017 is heading to WWE soon.

She defeated Santana Garrett in the first round and Serena Deeb in the second round, before being defeated by Toni Storm in the third round n WWE’s Mae Young Classic, becoming a fan favorite.

The 27 year old, 11 year veteran of the sport currently holds the Pro Wrestling EVE International Championship and STARDOM’s SWA Undisputed World Women’s Championshp.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/viper-wwe-boumd/

If I remember correctly, she had a contract under the World of Sport promotion which apparently tanked. Meltzer also said an update on Kay Lee Ray (who was also contracted under WOS) will be coming later on this week. If anything both would be very nice additions to NXT UK.

UPDATE: They're also interested in Kay Lee Ray & Bea Priestley. http://squaredcirclesirens.com/kay-lee-ray-bea-priestley-reportedly-offered-wwe-contracts/

Alongside Viper/Piper Niven who we learned had been offered a WWE deal it looks as if Scottish Wrestler and fellow inaugural Mae Young Classic competitor Kay Lee Ray has been offered a deal with the company as well once her World of Sports contract comes up.

Kay Lee Ray lost to Princesa Sugehit in the opening round of the Mae Young Classic. She currently holds the WOS Women’s Championship and the ICW Women’s Championship.

Another name that reportedly got offered a WWE deal is New Zealand’s Bea Priestley, all according to the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

They join names such as Karen Q and Rachael Ellering who WWE both have interest in signing.

Edited by Xachingwe
2 people like this

She's so talented. I hope she does sign.

She impressed me during the MYC so I'd love to see her signed. 

Wig. Hopefully is for NXT UK. They need her more there 

1 person likes this

Hopefully to replace Nia awful at everything Jax

1 person likes this

Selfishly I hope NXT UK gets both, but I'd be happy with either.  Viper would be a great powerhouse and a lot different in-ring from the rest, and KLR is one of the absolute best at making anyone look good.  I wonder how it will work/pan out since I feel like I've still seen both advertised for February World of Sport live shows. 

NXT UK women's division needs more bodies and talent.  Feel like there's a big in-ring talent disparity between Toni and everyone else.  Both Viper and Kay Lee Ray would certainly make it less noticeable and I feel help raise the division quite a bit.

1 person likes this

She's an amazing talent. For her size, she's impressively agile and athletic. Her and KLR both would be a great addition to NXT UK.

1 person likes this

I wish both girls didn’t sign with WOS and just went to NXT UK but I guess some girls like Millie, Nina and Kelly etc wouldnt have gotten opportunities.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Xachingwe said:

Meltzer also said an update on Kay Lee Ray (who was also contracted under WOS) will be coming later on this week.

one of my fave indie girls i'd love to see her signed. i was so mad when she lost in myc1 in the first round

1 person likes this

ughhh YEEESSSS!!!!! She was my fave, she is THAT bitch, she has a bright future!!

tbh, I’m not mad that she got a contract because she is very good and deserves, but she’s almost certainly going to be a UK exclusive or if not stuck in stasis in NXT. Of course this a lifelong dream for a lot of these people, but it probably would have been a better career move to go to that messy new promotion and gain more exposure and traction there. WWE really has the monopoly (with the women anyway, what’s men’s wrestling?) and it’s kind of ugly to see how there’s no longer any direct competition because they just put these women on a developmental contract should they decide they want them in the future.

ZsOvYv1.gif

1 person likes this

Yes!! She’s amazing and should have been signed straight after the first MYC!!

5 hours ago, Xachingwe said:

Meltzer also said an update on Kay Lee Ray (who was also contracted under WOS) will be coming later on this week. If anything both would be very nice additions to NXT UK.

FWIW, I've seen it rumored on wrestling Twitter that KLR is headed to AEW. Either way, I hope KLR & Viper will both succeed in America.

Has Viper grown past her transphobia controversy?

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

FWIW, I've seen it rumored on wrestling Twitter that KLR is headed to AEW. Either way, I hope KLR & Viper will both succeed in America.

I've never heard about that, do tell

etJRm78.gif

I guess we will find out though! 

etJRm78.gif

Anyway, she was one of my favorites and one of my picks to win the first MYC. 100% here for it.

2 hours ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

Receipts :beckytate:

31 minutes ago, Henry Cavill said:

Receipts :beckytate:

1 hour ago, Dana Brooke said:

I've never heard about that, do tell

etJRm78.gif

Spoiler

Plus, she was one of the people defending Bram still getting booked despite his domestic abuse history.

I could see this just being for the Nxt UK show.

2 hours ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

Hide contents

Plus, she was one of the people defending Bram still getting booked despite his domestic abuse history.

Posted in 2017.... Piper sis :uhh: 

Turns out they offered KLR and Bea Priestley contracts too. Viper and KLR are expected to sign after their WOS deals expire while Bea (who's also signed to WOS) isn't sure yet. http://squaredcirclesirens.com/kay-lee-ray-bea-priestley-reportedly-offered-wwe-contracts/

I dunno if this is just a way to keep AEW from signing all these talents but it's safe to say NXT UK is about to become stacked. I just hope the booking improves because this division shows tons of potential. :excited:

1 person likes this

On 09/01/2019 at 11:21 PM, Blooberry said:

She’s pretty great for a bigger gal.

?