Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black Terminator

Pro Wrestling Illustrated Reveals Becky Lynch "Woman Of The Year" For 2018"

27 posts in this topic

In a close vote, Becky Lynch topped Ronda Rousey for 2018's "Woman of the Year", as voted by the readers of Pro Wrestling Illustrated. Lynch received 40 percent of the vote, four percent better than Rousey. Asuka and Tessa Blanchard were distant runners-up.

Rousey being selected number one in PWI's "Woman's 100" led to Lynch posting some disparaging tweets about PWI - and Publisher Stu Saks in particular. Even though Lynch appeared happy while posing for the PWI cover of the awards issue with the Woman of the Year plaque, she complained about her #11 placement in the "100" throughout much of the photo shoot.

Rousey achieved a near-record 87 percent of the vote in being named "Rookie of the Year". The widest margin of victory in the 46-year history of the PWIawards was enjoyed by The Giant (Big Show), who garnered 88 percent of the vote for "Rookie of the Year" in 1996.

Source; https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/01/pro-wrestling-illustrated-reveals-wrestler-of-the-year-and-649690/

3 people like this

Underserving. 

3 people like this

20 minutes ago, Vinaro said:

Underserving. 

Now bitch...

tumblr_pgf4jsiLe01rnux1so3_540.gif

4 people like this

A meteoric rise.

8AKfHUq.gif

7 people like this

Even though Lynch appeared happy while posing for the PWI cover of the awards issue with the Woman of the Year plaque, she complained about her #11 placement in the "100" throughout much of the photo shoot.

She really is the Diva of the Four Horsewomen after all :mariah:

5 people like this

I mean, y’all can clown her and be annoyed by her all you want but this is warranted. She was handed a ball & ran with it and that should be recognized. 

8AKfHUq.gif

13 people like this

3 hours ago, Vinaro said:

Underserving. 

Ok i'm open to hearing an actual constructed argument without biased hate on why you feel this way. So feel free to provide receipts and genuine points/reasons on why she is undeserving.

:newspaper: 

OT: Very much deserved tbh. She's become one of the biggest stars in the entire company and has killed every opportunity they've given her. 

:clap:

She's also one of very few women who can strive, evolve her character and connect with an audience both as a heel and as a face. Since adopting her 'The Man' persona she has developed into one of the most controversial, enticing and entertaining characters in all of WWE.

Not to mention the fact that some of her recent work has been among the best material we have seen in 2018. Her vs Charlotte at Evolution(their feud as a whole tbh), tlc match vs Asuka and Charlotte, her invasion of raw bloody face and all and her going face to face with John Cena are among some of the top moments in the women's division last year and that's just to name a few.

:maryse:

She'll only continue to prove why she is among the best in the division and I hope to see her main eventing Wrestlemania, that of which is currently rumoured. She turned her entire career around within a short space of time and makes the most of every opportunity that is awarded to her so for that I don't think anybody can dispute her success. Compare her from this time last year to now and her growth and impact is undeniable.

Congrats Legend

:clap:

11 people like this

Well deserved and you all know it’s true even if you’re not happy about it :frecklefox:

1 person likes this

Becky doesn’t know the PWI lists are scripted and follow kayfabe either, huh 

8AKfHUq.gif

2 people like this

tessa blandard as number 4? how did we let this happen?

5 minutes ago, shumiley said:

Tessa is the hottest name on the indy scene and is regarded as one the best by both ha peers and fans.

You're not shocked.

8AKfHUq.gif

Congrats to Rebecca, she earned it tbh. There's an argument for her being the most over person in the company period at this point, which we haven't seen since April Lee.

8AKfHUq.gif

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, SaraLaGarcia said:

Tessa is the hottest name on the indy scene and is regarded as one the best by both ha peers and fans.

You're not shocked.

8AKfHUq.gif

tenor.gif

4 minutes ago, SaraLaGarcia said:

You're not shocked.

8AKfHUq.gif

She really got extensions and y'all lost your minds. Ruballah's impact

8AKfHUq.gif

16 minutes ago, shumiley said:

She’s #15 on the PWI 100 list, I don’t know why she was shortlisted for Woman of the Year other than that they wanted to pretend they were considering the indies. 

8AKfHUq.gif

2 people like this

Just now, Cooksie said:

She really got extensions and y'all lost your minds. Ruballah's impact

8AKfHUq.gif

I'm not a diva stan, wrong User pawpa.

8AKfHUq.gif

1 person likes this

Just now, Jeigz said:

She’s #15 on the PWI 100 list, I don’t know why she was shortlisted for Woman of the Year other than that they wanted to pretend they were considering the indies. 

8AKfHUq.gif

!!! i've never been impressed by her work, and i don't see many other people impressed either other than the "we watch all wrestling!!" crowd and a few stans. this placement seems so odd to me 

6 hours ago, prince. said:

I mean, y’all can clown her and be annoyed by her all you want but this is warranted. She was handed a ball & ran with it and that should be recognized. 

8AKfHUq.gif

Thanks I’ll continue doing that!

8AKfHUq.gif

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Jeigz said:

Becky doesn’t know the PWI lists are scripted and follow kayfabe either, huh 

8AKfHUq.gif

Girl this aint news, you get annoyed when the wind blows! 

:chyna:

2 hours ago, shumiley said:

!!! i've never been impressed by her work, and i don't see many other people impressed either other than the "we watch all wrestling!!" crowd and a few stans. this placement seems so odd to me 

Have you seen much of her work though? Not insulting genuinely curious.

I didn't watch a lot of her work at the start and from what I saw I wasn't impressed but I started to watch her Impact stuff frequently and she really has been killing it this year. She's definitely risen as one of the top girls outside of WWE both in character and skills. 

She's definitely a standout tbh and would do well if utilised correctly in WWE somewhere in the future.

[stan]Carmella deserved[/stan] but Becky was a giving opponent and helped her look good after embarrassing the both of them @ RR, so she's cool too.

8AKfHUq.gif

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, YouAreAThot said:

Girl this aint news, you get annoyed when the wind blows! 

:chyna:

I don’t think you understood what I was saying. Becky is the one annoyed for no reason. 

8AKfHUq.gif

1 hour ago, Jeigz said:

I don’t think you understood what I was saying. Becky is the one annoyed for no reason. 

8AKfHUq.gif

AsDfg!)3€6

I don't know how this happened I meant to quote @WWFoverWWE

:cry:

1 person likes this

Congratulations to Queen Rebecca 👏🏽👏🏽👑👑