Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooksie

Was 2012 the perfect year to start the Divas Revolution?

33 posts in this topic

Just now, Shoaib. said:

They always wanted the opportunity to step up too, Brie picking up the slack/holding her own during Nikki's injury and Nikki coming back rejuvenated. Imagine their 2013 return but with them actually training before accepting the gig :shook:

a division with Eve, AJ & The Bellas 

6 people like this

am I the only one who doesn’t agree or should I just keep quiet

8AKfHUq.gif

4 people like this

26 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

am I the only one who doesn’t agree or should I just keep quiet

8AKfHUq.gif

No, you should share your thoughts.

Plus I don't think anyone really agreed to agree it's more or so what could have been if certain events didn't take place.

8AKfHUq.gif

1 person likes this

Absolutely. That era was a kiiii :shook: I still miss most of the girls from 2012.

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Nnn exactly. I remember from the Trish Stratus dvd (I watched an ungodly amount as a child) that they legit included a clip of her and fit finlay (bless his heart) trying to run through a match like right before the show was probably gonna happen (which is normal) but the older I got the more it hit me that those moments were probably some of the only training a lot of the women actually got. If we had a place like the performance centre back then with someone like sara to train the girls things could have gone in a much different direction and we started to see that once more of the OVW era girls began to come up. I think the women could always have gone if they wanted to but WWE just placed so many restrictions on them it was impossible to really break out of the mould they were given until someone told them to.

Stan :legend:

rv9SLkB.gif

1 person likes this

2011 seemed like a better year to me due to the matches being better than ever before tbh. I think that the girls were trying to convey something different in 2011 while I don’t remember much about 2012 :frecklefox:

1 person likes this

It definitely would have helped the main roster girls not get so much hate compared to the saviours of wrestling that would come in 2014 in the form of the horsewomen. The talent has always been there it ,the trigger for the evolution could have been pulled any year realistically.

2012 would be a great year though, AJ,Kaitlyn, Eve, Maxine, Naomi, Natalya ,Alicia and honestly even Layla as the veteran to build the rising stars up. It really could have got the fans invested and made for some great matches . It would have made the eventual horsewomen on the main roster feuds much more than the shitty tag team trio warfare we got for months

1 person likes this

The talent was definitely there as it always was, and they definitely had a trio they could have built the division around. While also using the supporting cast to keep them going. However 2011 was truly a dark year for the women that took a while to rebound from. I just don’t feel like management was truly at the point to investing in most of the women like they are now. Nxt and the rise of Ronda Rousey and Serena Williams definitely helped.