Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mariah.

11 posts in this topic

So I've been receiving word about issues with GIF avatars (they haven't been playing) and I'm trying to figure out the root of the issue, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If you have any quick solutions, please let everyone know in here while we work on it and stream A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships by The 1975

5 people like this

lsnfixjdjsk I thought it was only me :laycry: the problem for me is: if I upload a gif made though instagiffer directly to tumblr and then copy the link into the insert avatar thing, it doesn't move. However, if I upload the gif onto ezgif (I typically only do this if I want to crop it or something) and then download it from ezgif and upload it on tumblr and use that link, it then works. It's a long and confusing process but I hope that helps, if any clarification is needed then I'm happy to give more detail!

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Xachingwe said:

lsnfixjdjsk I thought it was only me :laycry: the problem for me is: if I upload a gif made though instagiffer directly to tumblr and then copy the link into the insert avatar thing, it doesn't move. However, if I upload the gif onto ezgif (I typically only do this if I want to crop it or something) and then download it from ezgif and upload it on tumblr and use that link, it then works. It's a long and confusing process but I hope that helps, if any clarification is needed then I'm happy to give more detail!

Yeah, I found weird workarounds like that too, so I wonder if there's an issue with certain sites communicating with IPS (the software we use). I'm not the most tech savvy, so :laycry: 

3 people like this

i have an issue where the crop button doesn't work. my gif has to be exactly a square and even then, cropping it smaller doesn't do anything. if i upload something that isn't square it just squashes it to fit

2 minutes ago, shumiley said:

i have an issue where the crop button doesn't work. my gif has to be exactly a square and even then, cropping it smaller doesn't do anything. if i upload something that isn't square it just squashes it to fit

Oh, I think that's just how that functions, cut it into a square lazy!

tumblr_pd62bm93ik1wof1cho2_400.gif

3 people like this

19 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Oh, I think that's just how that functions, cut it into a square lazy!

tumblr_pd62bm93ik1wof1cho2_400.gif

oh

tumblr_oaw4tjknLi1rmv1vdo1_400.gif

2 people like this

I don’t recall this happening to me, but you should increase the file size limit so we can have longer avis.

0b2rnR9.gif

4 people like this

ugh this happens to me like every time. the fix i use is resizing it on ezgif with gifsicle as the resize method (same dimensions 125x125)

ZlZEsKE.gif
@Samier. taught me but i will take the credit

3 people like this

31 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

I don’t recall this happening to me, but you should increase the file size limit so we can have longer avis.

0b2rnR9.gif

you get that with premium

0b2rnR9.gif

4 people like this

If it doesn't work the first time for me I typically just have to resize it to make it smaller. Either the dimensions or the actual length of the gif. That usually ends up working but it's still annoying so I can see why someone wouldn't be bothered with it
0b2rnR9.gif

1 person likes this