Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black Terminator

Randy Orton Reportedly Willing To Talk To AEW

38 posts in this topic

Take this with a huge grain of salt, but it seems that even alleged WWE lifers could be up for grabs in the upcoming war with AEW. Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp (via Ringside News), Randy Orton has reportedly given indications that he’s willing to talk to All Elite Wrestling, and may be the “big WWE superstar” that is rumored to have been offered an “oustanding” deal by the company.

Sapp said: “Now they did not reveal the name and I know who the name is. Now before I get into this, I am not saying that this person was offered a AEW deal. I’m not saying that happened because I don’t if that happened. In fact, I asked people in AEW about this and I was told, “We are not tampering. We are not doing that. Our approach is fresh and independent is the goal for a majority of our recruitment. What you’re likely seeing is a particular agent trying to leverage more money out of WWE by possibly planting shit like this. What I was told this afternoon, was that Randy Orton has been openly discussing his willingness to speak with All Elite Wrestling.

Obviously nothing has been confirmed either way and as Sapp noted, it could just be an attempt from Orton’s agent to get him more money from WWE. With all the names leaving WWE or rumored to be leaving WWE, the landscape of wrestling could be very different by this time next year.

Source: https://411mania.com/wrestling/randy-orton-reportedly-willing-to-talk-to-aew/

AEW taking AJ Sty***, Kl**** Orton, and D*lph? Whew, maybe I do have to stan :frecklefox:

4 people like this

take all the unloyal,money hungry white men so my black kings can finally become wwe champion

DEawcGi.gif

6 people like this

Seeing how Dolphin just used AEW to get a new contract I’m expecting all of them to do the same stunt.

C2eJTjH.gif 

3 people like this

this man has been wrestling for nearly two decades and is considering spending his last years taking indy checks, we-
n6wYcp3.gif

1 person likes this

Well, I don't wish him to AEW at all. I mean, he has been a jerk to a lot of the Divas and even shat in their bags, plus doesn't seem too keen on putting over newer talent. He can go to Walmart to sell Mustafa's action figure.

tenor.gif

2 people like this

These have-beens are always willing to talk about anything but retirement. When are we finally going to get a roster full of fresh talent? 

n6wYcp3.gif

7 people like this

I just find it hard to believe that this company is talking to anybody of this caliber. The dirt sheets claim they’re talking to a rock, AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose. But one of their big signings recently was Jimmy Jacobs, who’s a B-Star plying (and that’s me being nice). It just doesn’t add up, I feel like nobody outside of smarks takes this company seriously. 

Edited by Seductress
4 people like this

2 hours ago, Travis Roucka said:

take all the unloyal,money hungry white men so my black kings can finally become wwe champion

DEawcGi.gif

So you want them to snatch the McMahon’s and get new owners cuz....

DEawcGi.gif

8 minutes ago, Seductress said:

I just find it hard to believe that this company is talking to anybody of this caliber. The dirt sheets claim they’re talking to a rock, AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose. But one of their big signings recently was Jimmy Jacobs, who’s a B-Star plying (and that’s me being nice). It just doesn’t add up, I feel like nobody outside of smarks takes this company seriously. 

It's funny to mock AEW and I agree that some talent might be leaking these dirt sheet stories for leverage, but I think a lot of hens are underestimating the company. For one, Cody and the Young Bucks are very well respected in the industry. It wouldn't shock me if Randy Orton --- someone who is beyond financially well off --- decided he wants to go elsewhere and help out a friend, especially when he's established enough that it wouldn't burn future bridges with WWE (take Chris Jericho for example). Also, their debut show is at MGM Grand ARENA and people are saying it's selling really well. You wouldn't just book sports venues like that in the first place unless there's demand and serious stock behind you. I'm not saying this is gonna be huge for sure, but I think we need to wait and see what's cooking before we write everything off and tell school gym jokes.

tumblr_pczcgrFdak1vjciejo2_500.gif

14 people like this

10 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

It's funny to mock AEW and I agree that some talent might be leaking these dirt sheet stories for leverage, but I think a lot of hens are underestimating the company. For one, Cody and the Young Bucks are very well respected in the industry. It wouldn't shock me if Randy Orton --- someone who is beyond financially well off --- decided he wants to go elsewhere and help out a friend, especially when he's established enough that it wouldn't burn future bridges with WWE (take Chris Jericho for example). Also, their debut show is at MGM Grand ARENA and people are saying it's selling really well. You wouldn't just book sports venues like that in the first place unless there's demand and serious stock behind you. I'm not saying this is gonna be huge for sure, but I think we need to wait and see what's cooking before we write everything off and tell school gym jokes.

I’m not saying these guys aren’t audience draws. ROH, I think sold out MSG. But, they need to be able to rival WWE in ratings. WWE’s currently flopping ratings, but I don’t see this company being able to draw 2M in ratings with this roster. Maybe we’ll be surprised. 

Edited by Seductress

double post

DEawcGi.gif

Edited by Christon

8 minutes ago, Seductress said:

I’m not saying these guys aren’t ratings draws. ROH, I think sold out MSG. But, they need to be able to rival WWE in ratings. WWE’s currently flopping ratings, but I don’t see this company being able to draw 2M in ratings with this roster. Maybe we’ll be surprised. 

That's something we're gonna have to wait and see for. Who even knows if beating WWE in cable TV ratings is their goal, especially when the way we consume media has changed a lot, and I'm willing to believe that Young Bucks and Cody are more in touch with that aspect than Vince McMahon and friends. Look at what NXT became without a TV deal and more "in touch" parties at the helm. Granted, you could argue they had the WWE machine/brand behind them, but I don't think anyone could have guessed what it was striving for or what it would become. But they managed to tap into something wrestling fans craved and now they sell out PPVs in arenas. AEW could surprise and do the same, just going off All In.

5 people like this

10 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

I agree with this part. Cody was born and bred for this business, he knows how it works and is not stupid so I see AEW being a success. What I don't agree with, personally, is that I don't see people like Orton going there unless they know they'll be granted a spot as one of, if not THE top player of the company just because he has a well-known name and World titles in his resume. Something just tells me there would be no real humble or friendly reason for him to go to AEW, but just the certainty he'll be a "first-ever" of something within the company

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, LIVin the Riott said:

I agree with this part. Cody was born and bred for this business, he knows how it works and is not stupid so I see AEW being a success. What I don't agree with, personally, is that I don't see people like Orton going there unless they know they'll be granted a spot as one of, if not THE top player of the company just because he has a well-known name and World titles in his resume. Something just tells me there would be no real humble or friendly reason for him to go to AEW, but just the certainty he'll be a "first-ever" of something within the company

TBH you could be right. I don't even know Randy's relationship with Cody right now, I was just assuming they'd still be good friends :rot: 

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Are you sure about this? I haven’t been able to find any info on the tickets just yet, so I don’t think they are available right now. 

2 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Are you sure about this? I haven’t been able to find any info on the tickets just yet, so I don’t think they are available right now. 

IDK I saw @JJ. say it on Twitter, but, I mean, they still booked the venue! Like I said: demand.

4 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

IDK I saw @JJ. say it on Twitter, but, I mean, they still booked the venue! Like I said: demand.

My town also books Lil Jon every other weekend it’s not the smartest city. So far I haven’t seen any tickets go on sale though, but might check it out if the tickets are cheap.  

7 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

TBH you could be right. I don't even know Randy's relationship with Cody right now, I was just assuming they'd still be good friends :rot: 

I don't know it either but they still could be good friends, honestly. I just feel like, you know, Randy never gave me good vibes, he never seemed to be a humble person, and there's a fine line between being aware of your talents and acting like a jerk because of your notoriety and stuff. Sure he was hot back in the day but that's all I can say for him right now. AEW-wise, I'm pretty sure he would want to make sure he's a pioneer and eventually will be remembered as the one who put the company on the map, so that's why I don't see it being a "help a friend" situation for him

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

They’re on Vivid Seats

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, prince. said:

They’re on Vivid Seats. 

Lowest priced tickets are 242$ I didn’t even pay that much for 2 good seats for Smackdown. I wish them luck.

42 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

This and not to mention they pretty much have two TV deals in a lock and which according to sources hasn't happened since WCW. Also in my opinion, if they weren't taking AEW seriously then WWE wouldn't be trying to lock in some of there stars in another 5-year deal. We don't know how this is gonna go so I agree to test the waters before we start to throw our kii's.

2 people like this

Just now, Twisted Bliss said:

Lowest priced tickets are 242$ I didn’t even pay that much for 2 good seats for Smackdown. I wish them luck.

There aren’t a lot of tickets left it seems so they must be selling. :rot: 

1 person likes this