Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black Terminator

Backstage News On A Potential Top WWE SummerSlam Match

22 posts in this topic

A match between Becky Lynch and Stephanie McMahon was reportedly suggested for this year's SummerSlam pay-per-view, according to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. While Meltzer added that the match "is most definitely not a done deal," a second source in the company told him that it is being discussed.

Becky was suspended indefinitely in storyline by Stephanie on RAW this past Monday night for refusing to see a doctor to get cleared to return to action. Becky responded to the suspension by attacking Stephanie before the melee was broken up by officials. As Becky was being held back, Stephanie managed to kick Becky's storyline injured knee.

Becky's problems with the McMahon family continued the following night on SmackDown Live, when Triple H confronted her. The Game suggested that Becky was purposely trying not to get cleared so she could avoid facing Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania. Becky responded by slapping him in the face.

In an interview with Digital Spy in 2017, Becky admitted that a potential match with Stephanie "would be amazing."

"That would be amazing," Becky said of the potential match. "[Stephanie's SummerSlam 2014 match with Brie Bella] was a great match and I think that was the match I was most excited for on that card at the time. It was great to see such a spotlight on the women and I think it was tremendous."

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Subscribe to The Wrestling Observer by clicking here. Each issue has coverage and analysis of all the major news, plus history pieces. New subscribers can also receive free classic issues.

Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/02/backstage-news-on-potential-top-wwe-summerslam-match-650679/

So based on this article by Dave, Becky will be traded to Raw by winning the title at WM to have a feud with Stephanie at Summerslam. 

I swear I read Summer Rae in the title. I was so ready to mark out lmao

2 people like this

here for it if it's for the title

Hmm. If Stephanie was to ever go into a program with a horse I would prefer it to be Charlotte.

Kzuj849.gif

6 people like this

We've seen this before, the original was great. I'm so not here for this knockoff version.

brietriplehslap.gif

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Steph and HHH transparently capitalizing on Becky’s rise for themselves. 💀

!! Typical.

1 person likes this

They’re really about to squeeze everything out of Becky now that she’s becoming someone who they thought she’d never be. 

Can they come up with something else that doesn’t involve the abusive establishment/anti-establishment trope? They’re as tired and boring as shoot promos.

K2YYe6L.gif

6 people like this

1 hour ago, Qwan™ said:

Hmm. If Stephanie was to ever go into a program with a horse I would prefer it to be Charlotte.

Kzuj849.gif

!!!!!! Like WHY are they so dense :rot: 

Ronda turning heel and joining the Authourity by attacking Becky and putting the title on Stephanie with HHH lifting Steph in the air serving her 2000 win against Jaqueline. Book IT:stephanie:

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Dawit said:

Ronda turning heel and joining the Authourity by attacking Becky and putting the title on Stephanie with HHH lifting Steph in the air serving her 2000 win against Jaqueline. Book IT:stephanie:

If any woman is joining The Authority it will be Nikki to make up for them ignoring it in 2014, and giving us the storyline we deserved.

E6EEPRS.png

8 minutes ago, Twisted Bliss said:

If any woman is joining The Authority it will be Nikki to make up for them ignoring it in 2014, and giving us the storyline we deserved.

E6EEPRS.png

girl it’s literally 2019 

3 people like this

If I'm surprised at anything it's not Stephanie and her Toucan husband wanting a piece of someone's shine, it's that Becky's push is actually gonna extend until this summer?

tumblr_p167v3gsb91uv4g8io2_400.gif

When the match flops because Becky lacks an interesting moveset, personality and can't carry.

2 people like this

Stephanie McMahon better bury B+ Becky Lynch.

well see y’all in 2020

K2YYe6L.gif

1 person likes this

Here for it ✌🏽

11 hours ago, Dante. said:

When the match flops because Becky lacks an interesting moveset, personality and can't carry.

Don't doubt Queen Steph and ha power. The way she carried Ronda to that showing at WM, I'm sure she could make it interesting.