Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prince.

Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey NEED Charlotte Flair?

41 posts in this topic

Forbes recently released an article that, albeit short, put into question Ronda and Becky Lynch's ability to carry a Wrestlemania main event by their lonesome. The article is mainly filler but the passage below is probably the most important:

Lynch's meteoric rise has changed the entire promotion's course. If the match remains Lynch-Rousey, no one will complain, but there is room for disappointing in-ring work between those two. Rousey is strong and athletic, but still green and prone to botches.

Lynch is a smooth worker, but as great as she has become as an overall performer, she's not an athletic freak. While the atmosphere is certain to be electric, the match itself could be underwhelming.

Charlotte is still the best in-ring worker on the women's roster and she's practically incapable of having a bad match. Her athleticism, size, and strength give creators a little more to work with when conceiving memorable spots. Charlotte would also add another person to carry Rousey through rough patches. Also, Charlotte's name recognition as the daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair only adds to the appeal of the match with casual fans.

Those casuals become more important when WrestleMania is concerned and there are more eyes on the product.

SOURCE.

Considering the next stop will be the most important night in the history of Women's Wrestling, there is a lot at stake. So, is this tea? Charlotte already proved that she can carry Ronda to the best mach of her career thus far.
Can Becky do the same? Or is Charlotte truly NEEDED for the main event to succeed? 

tumblr_ont5lfKnlU1ver65co2_500.gif

2 people like this

I don't think they need her.

I'd honestly rather see Becky vs Charlotte without Ronda in the picture, but I know WWE love their cash cows so we get what we get.

2 people like this

I think Becky/Ronda is capable of doing great on its own. That being said though I have absolutely no problem with Charlotte being added to the match. 

1 person likes this

The crowd is gonna be tired by the main event. They need those big spots and neither Ronda or Becky can produce those spots, especially with Becky’s shitty moveset. Yes, they need the Queen.:coffee2:

3 people like this

I’m sure they’ll do fine enough but Charlotte being in the mix makes the match more exciting. I have no intent on watching Becky and Honda sit on each other’s arms for 15 minutes straight.

Yt6c0wp.gif

I mean two of the greatest matches in recent memory (Asuka vs Becky at RR and The Last Woman Standing match) both featured Becky so this bullshit about her having a shitty move set is exactly that.... bullshit. When it comes time to show the fuck out, The Man delivers😍

5 people like this

I don't think they NEED Charlotte since i think they could pull off a decent match. However I think adding Charlotte to the match is better for the overall story since she and Becky are each others greatest rivals (Just like Sasha and Bayley).I do think this is a must win for Becky otherwise she's gonna look fucking stupid with the way Nose dragged her on SD.

2 people like this

Honestly, prior to all of this, I enjoyed the idea of Becky winning the Women's Championship at WM but at this point, she doesn't really even need to win. Despite the results, she would still be sitting well with the crowd either way at this point. However yes Charlotte should be added to the match Becky was never the best in the ring nor does she have the most exciting move set and Ronda still isn't quite there so Charlotte's touch would make it that much greater. Also if the rumors are true that Becky is getting a match with Stephanie at SS then she really doesn't need the WM win at the moment. 

Besides Charlotte making history once again and moving back to Raw with all this heat would make a great feud for a few babyfaces on Raw. I feel like Charlotte added to the match would help both ladies.

As a charlotte and becky fan, I'm torn about shoehorning char into this match. I think the plan was to always put char against ronda but bex's rise has been unprecedented and she deserves this spotlight. A long as Honda comes out the loser, I think I'm ok with a triple threat. :hatnikki:

2 people like this

45 minutes ago, Blooberry said:

I mean two of the greatest matches in recent memory (Asuka vs Becky at RR and The Last Woman Standing match) both featured Becky so this bullshit about her having a shitty move set is exactly that.... bullshit. When it comes time to show the fuck out, The Man delivers😍

I like Becky but the things people say about her moveset are true. It’s not so much as to questioning whether she brings it or not because she always seems to do well but her best matches have always included an opponent that will balance out her technical moveset and Ronda is not the person to do this. 

So, considering that this match will probably be the biggest match in women’s wrestling ever, they 100% need someone to bust out the spots for the highlight reel. Charlotte is just that gurl. 

6 people like this

Here we go, overrating Charlotte and underrating Becky's ability as a performer. Wrestling is not all about high spots and flashy moves, it is about the story told inside that ring. What can Charlotte offer the Becky and Ronda match besides a cool looking moonsault? Leave the match a singles match. To make this match something to be remembered throw some blood in there, or even some antics like each of The Horsewomen running in. Ronda/Becky bleeding while being put into a submission can serve Austin/Bret Hart

7 people like this

2 hours ago, Blooberry said:

1 hour ago, Layout said:

Here we go, overrating Charlotte and underrating Becky's ability as a performer. Wrestling is not all about high spots and flashy moves, it is about the story told inside that ring. What can Charlotte offer the Becky and Ronda match besides a cool looking moonsault? Leave the match a singles match. To make this match something to be remembered throw some blood in there, or even some antics like each of The Horsewomen running in. Ronda/Becky bleeding while being put into a submission can serve Austin/Bret Hart

I don't think it's a disagreeable statement saying that Becky thrives when she has someone good to bounce off of, hence why Asuka and Charlotte were perfect for her. Ronda is impressive, but her level is nowhere near Asuka/Charlotte, meaning that the match won't be on the caliber of her other matches.... and this will be at Wrestlemania on top of that.

The storyline makes more sense as a singles but the match will def snap more with Char in the match (especially considering Becky and Charlotte's chemistry is something Ronda could build off of). Last time I remembered, Charlotte and Becky's matches at both TLC and Evolution BOTH had excellent storytelling? I'm a big fan of Becky and she deserves the singles but even I could recognize that it's a huge missed opportunity to put them into a Triple Threat especially since the story seems to be heading in that direction.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, WWFoverWWE said:

The crowd is gonna be tired by the main event. They need those big spots and neither Ronda or Becky can produce those spots, especially with Becky’s shitty moveset. Yes, they need the Queen.:coffee2:

This is exactly that Mania was 7 and a half plus hours last year. The main event is going to need someone to add a little more spark, than Becky and Ronda trading submission holds for 30 minutes. She will also help out with the build because Triple and Stephanie randomly coming in here is ugly. Especially factoring in Charlotte’s actions at SS, and Becky winning a Rumble she wasn’t even scheduled for. Put her ass I’m this match. Plus her mania entrance is truly going to shit. :shook: This is the first ever possible female main event put all your stars in it.

4 people like this

Becky is boring to watch. I've always loved her to bits, but always felt this way as well. She and Natalya are examples that being exceptional in the ring don't make you entertaining in the ring. Becky would obviously be carrying the match since Ronnie ain't shit, and that's kinda scary because Becky's moveset isn't an exciting one.

I personally feel they need Naomi, but hey. The Queen would definitely be more than necessary for the match. It also helps that Survivor Series was Ronda's best match to date. Period. Coincidence? Foh.giphy.gif

3 people like this

Ronda is green and sloppy, Becky is meticulous and careful. We’ve seen Nattie/Ronda and I don’t think adding a hot crowd to that  match would make it any better. Yes, they need Charlotte because Charlotte has a main event aura without the writers force feeding us an underdog story or trying to make Ronda likeable and credible. However, I’d rather them just duke it out 1v1 and underperform so people get over this fantasy and we can move on to something else.

Yt6c0wp.gif

6 people like this

14 hours ago, Layout said:

And this is exactly the problem, tbh, because it shouldn’t be some fantasy rehashing of the past, it should be something exciting because it’s new and unique. Everyone screaming about Becky being a female Stone Cold drives me crazy because we don’t need a cosplay equivalent. We should be striving for a memorable, fully-developed female character that gets into the public consciousness without being a replica. Homage is one thing but copy+paste is another, so let’s hope this ad nauseum antihero/underdog build goes further than it seems like it will, otherwise your comment becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yt6c0wp.gif

4 people like this

2 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

This is exactly that Mania was 7 and a half plus hours last year. The main event is going to need someone to add a little more spark, than Becky and Ronda trading submission holds for 30 minutes. She will also help out with the build because Triple and Stephanie randomly coming in here is ugly. Especially factoring in Charlotte’s actions at SS, and Becky winning a Rumble she wasn’t even scheduled for. Put her ass I’m this match. Plus her mania entrance is truly going to shit. :shook: This is the first ever possible female main event put all your stars in it.

I agree 100%. Where are Naomi and Carmella in this match?

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Blooberry said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8129372

5 people like this

I honestly don't see the problem with Charlotte getting added to the match, it makes the most sense storyline wise... she just better not WIN the title. 

3 people like this

Does Charlotte need to be added to the match? No.  Do I think she'd add to the match?  Absolutely.  Charlotte has always seemed to deliver in big matches and moments.  She's the one that generally busts out the sort of "wow" moves that adds a little extra to the match.  I've personally enjoyed more of Becky's triple threat matches in the past than singles match.  However, I don't want the story to be about Charlotte and then her win the title.  

Though I do believe Becky and Ronda could have a good match.  I was worried about just Becky/Asuka and that definitely delivered, so Ronda/Becky could as well.

They do, and Charlotte was the original plan anyway. Becky is absolutely boring in the ring and there’s no way she and Ronda do anything exciting 1 on 1. Becky had a 17 minute match with Asuka at RR and I don’t remember anything other than that botched Neckbreaker off the apron, yet Charlotte delivered more with her and the match was 4 minutes shorter.

Yes, Becky is part of great matches but she’s never the star of them. Charlotte was the star of both LWS and TLC matches, and Sasha of the WM triple threat. We need a women’s main event that will prove its worth and Becky vs Ronda isn’t likely to do it 🤷‍♂️

5 people like this

Truth to be told, if the match has the potential to be bad is only because of Ronda. She's the boring one, using the same five moves and having the most unimpressive armbar in Wrestling history. Becky showed that she can actually execute great spots. She has the guts and the experience to pull it off, while Ronda has been given a ME spot without even knowing what she was getting into to begin with. I just hope Becky wins so we can move on

2 people like this

I can't wan't until Wrestlemania is over.

Yt6c0wp.gif

3 people like this

as @Travis Roucka once tweeted, without charlotte it'll just be ronda and becky dry humping each other with arm bars. their move sets aren't unique enough from each other for a one on one match, let alone a wrestlemania main event. becky's other good matches have had stellar opponents with moves that complimented hers, rather than replicated. and in the same breath, ronda's "good" matches have only been good because of her opponents. 

anyway, the question shouldn't be should charlotte be added to the match, the question should be what does ronda bring to it ??? the only element she has is her star power, which if that's the argument being used then let's get kim k involved too

the feud should've always had been charlotte v becky. ronda is awful and can't hold her own, and is the absolute last person that deserves to be in a mania main event. 

4 people like this

Yes.

tumblr_pm0rjyDUgY1s24yedo1_500.gif

1 person likes this