Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric

Possible Wrestlemania Opponent for Asuka?

37 posts in this topic

There had been talk of doing Lacey Evans vs. SmackDown Women's Champion Asuka at WrestleMania 35, according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio.

Evans vs. Asuka was definitely on the books at one point but the impression has been given that the match is being re-considered. It's not 100% that the match won't be happening but it's not a lock as it once was penciled in.

Evans made a brief appearance at the WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view on Sunday, and then another brief appearance at last night's RAW. The Chamber appearance was supposed to be the first step in the plan for a "super big" push for Evans. The idea behind the brief walk out on the stage was to further expose Evans to the fans, and to acknowledge that she is an important part of the women's division to watch. There's no word yet on what they might have planned for Evans if they decide against the match with Asuka.

While Dave isn't a reliable source we should take this with a grain of salt.

However would you want to see Mrs Evans vs Asuka at Wrestlemania? If not how would you like to see face Asuka?

giphy.gif

Evans vs. Asuka was definitely on the books at one point but the impression has been given that the match is being re-considered. It's not 100% that the match won't be happening but it's not a lock as it once was penciled in.

which Sasha/Bayley promo is this from?

KhoKFiF.gif

3 people like this

He said a whole bunch of nothing

Hnl9kBR.gif

3 people like this

Anyway, she didn’t snap at the Rumble and the crowd is dead when she rehearses her entrance, so not totally convinced that they’re building her for a huge push. The match still could happen though, but it’s only going to make everyone look foolish. 

KhoKFiF.gif

3 people like this

it would be better than watching her walk a few steps to the ring every week on raw. 

1 person likes this

I would honestly prefer Mandy vs. Asuka but it seems like Fire & Desire are gonna be competing for the tag titles somewhere down the line so I guess this is where we're heading. It honestly would've been a lot better if they had her competing regularly on SD and not losing to Nattie on Main Event because right now she's coming out to a dead reaction because majority of the fans don't know who she is or don't care about her.
:hatnikki:

Strong pass. The casuals don't care about Lacey so give Asuka an opponent worthy of her time in terms of popularity. Just call up Nikki Bella or let Alexa Bliss get "invited" to SDL so she can challenge Asuka instead. Asuka/Lacey is a sad excuse for a WM match.

Nasties already testing the power of Lacey, but she will be the last one laughing when she wins the Smackdown championship at Wrestlemania and makes the whole wrestling community fume at the Lady of WWE.

KhoKFiF.gif

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Bruno. said:

Nasties already testing the power of Lacey, but she will be the last one laughing when she wins the Smackdown championship at Wrestlemania and makes the whole wrestling community fume at the Lady of WWE.

KhoKFiF.gif

How much buzz would that really create tho? And I mean, in time for this year's WM. Crowd's not invested in Lacey yet, she doesn't get much heat, and Asuka has been non-existent since she and Naomi split, damaging the credibility of the title. Lacey better show off in the Chyna Women's Battle Royal and snatch a title opportunity down the line, maybe by the end of this year

1 person likes this

lol no. WM is 6 weeks away and she has no momentum at all. Asuka is either having a singles with Naomi or facing Naomi, Mandy and Sonya in a 4 Way match.

1 person likes this

Lacey ending Oscar with the Woman's Right :shook: A concept 

tenor.gif?itemid=12275783

2 people like this

If Asuka's opponent is Lacey they're going straight to the preshow

Hnl9kBR.gif

2 people like this

I don't have faith in them building Lacey up to look credible in 6 weeks. 1) Asuka deserves better. 2) It'll likely be a multi-woman match or battle royal. Or they'll just throw her someone reliable like Naomi or Nattie.

Let Lacey go full MAGA and get heet!!!

2 people like this

I can't picture it. A multi-woman or someone from Raw like Nia hopping over feels more likely to me.

17 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

I can't picture it. A multi-woman or someone from Raw like Nia hopping over feels more likely to me.

Alexa you mean

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, trishallday said:

Alexa you mean

I'd prefer that, yes!

TvuW5lb.gif

15 minutes ago, trishallday said:

Alexa you mean

No we don't want that either.

Asuka doesn’t need a big storyline match at mania imo. A good technical exhibition between her and a decent heel like Lacey will do. Lacey just needs to step her pussy up and get to trash talking ASAP.

I'm starting to think they wil put Asuka in the battle royal 

Hnl9kBR.gif

2 people like this

Fuck that 1950’s hoe give it to Naomi!

Hnl9kBR.gif

3 people like this

Just give it someone at this point, the sis is the SD champion, hasn't even been booked on TV in almost a month and "She work here?" is starting to feel more applicable to her than Ember (who we at least know is out with an injury).

Edited by Amethyst Frost