Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leigh

Special NXT Announcement Tomorrow

15 posts in this topic

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/2019-02-20/article/special-nxt-announcement

Get ready, because this week’s NXT will feature a special announcement. With no additional details currently available, speculation about what’s in store for the black-and-gold brand is running wild. Be among the first to find out when NXT streams Wednesday at 8/7 C on WWE Network.  

What do y'all think the announcement is going to be?

I think they're gonna transition NXT to a 3rd brand that competes with Raw and Smackdown. Especially since it's supposed to be airing on FS1 later this year.

Or maybe that's thinking too far ahead and they're announcing NXT will be apart of the Superstar Shakeup. So some of our girls can go back to NXT.

I expect a mess either way

Hnl9kBR.gif

3 people like this

More creative ways to monopolize the industry.

45 minutes ago, Puggle said:

I think they're gonna transition NXT to a 3rd brand that competes with Raw and Smackdown. Especially since it's supposed to be airing on FS1 later this year.

Or maybe that's thinking too far ahead and they're announcing NXT will be apart of the Superstar Shakeup. So some of our girls can go back to NXT.

I expect a mess either way

Hnl9kBR.gif

No, I think you’re right on. :skull: NXT has already been part of the Shake-Up without it being said so I don’t think they would announce that. And last night felt a lot like when ECW stars worked Raw or SD back in 2007-08. 

2 people like this

Maybe they’ll extend it by another hour.

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, surrender said:

Maybe they’ll extend it by another hour.

This would be cute if it means we'll get more than just one women's match a show.

---

I don't think they'll transition into their own brand but I would like to see how it would work. I like the concept of a third brand while talent still in development work the live event circuit until they are TV ready.

1 person likes this

I'd be here for a third brand. I'd also be here for them moving most of the NXT roster there, including the ones that recently debuted on the main roster. But only if it has a different feel to Raw, and SD. Maybe smaller venues? And I still think  there should be a developmental show on the Network, so IDK how that would work. Maybe they could start a new brand with the majority of NXT talent transferring there, as well as talent who aren't featured often on RAw or SD. Dana and Alicia, I'm looking at you. That would give NXT a chance to really start from scratch and start focusing on people who haven't had a chance to really shine, or have yet to debut.

Edited by Mikie91

I’m guessing 3 possible things: 

* becomes a third brand 

* debuts on FS1 

* goes to two hours instead of one. 

1 person likes this

Another hour would be beneficial so they can pull off these grand stand ass matches but still manage to gain at least a small percentage of time to showcase more.

Being s third brand, as much as I don't want it, would make sense with how the tag titles just became a thing. I see them bringing Kairi with her teammate rather than alone, unless Io is really getting the title push I so heard of. I don't know, I don't watch.

I'd have to agree with many others that NXT may become a 3rd brand. I wouldn't mind.

This is the big announcement 

Hnl9kBR.gif

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, Puggle said:

This is the big announcement 

Hnl9kBR.gif

Wow

2 people like this

The fact that they hyped all this up when it was just a tournament for both shows. :necki:

3 people like this